1/23/2006 5:50pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezah
    A lifetime of experience, you have 1yrs worth of experience with HFY, yet you feel you are qualified to comment on all things HFY.
    I've already made it clear: I'm questioning its claims.

There is a huge difference between making grandiose claims (that would require a lifetime of experience and of which the person making them doesn't have) and simply questioning those same claims.

So, once again: is there any evidence for these claims, or is this just some cultish BS that your sifus and the rest of your "kung fu family" keep repeating to themselves?
    So are you attacking comments made by a LEO with over 13yrs experience in LE, or are you going after HFY?
    This thread after all is about comments made by a LEO and his personal view on HFY.
    I see that you're really impressed with his 13 years experience as an LEO.

This is like what, the tenth time you've mentioned it?

To which I say again: BFD.
    Yes I am impressed, I'm very impressed when anyone puts others before themselves and enforces the law.

And the answer to your question is: both, because his claims are its claims.

As I've already said: this guy is saying, by way of analogy, that the martial art of Hung Fa Yi is the utmost in effectiveness and efficiency (like SWAT teams) whereas (i.e. in comparison to it) all other martial arts don't have the same degree of the two.

It's part of the Hung Fa Yi belief system.

It's what you guys keep telling each other.

It's even on the pages of Mastering Kung Fu!

And then some cop with a little experience in HFY echoes the same sentiment by essentially saying:

"Gee...Hung Fa Yi is like a SWAT team because it's like all efficient and effective and **** in comparison to all those other martial arts, which are like ordinary police units."

So, once again, do you agree with the statement or not?

I'm assuming you do since you're defending it.

Well then...let's hear your defense.
    Rather than make it bigger than it actually is, those words are his words, no-one elses.
    As hard as it is, stay on subject.

I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?
    And that has what to do with my asking you to defend your system's claims and provide some objective evidence for them?
    Well, you've called me bro twice, I thought maybe I was related to you, maybe you live over by Docton's Animal Clinic or in Hollywood, Arrowhead or Staduim Heights, maybe your that long lost relative I didn't know about?
    ? So are you a long lost relative?

Wow, having trouble keeping up, where oh where did that come from, I can tell you have a hard time getting things, but I didn't think I was that far off?
    You're the one who brought up Miss Cleo and coming into money, not I.

Where oh where did that come from, LMAO!?

So does that mean that now you're the one having a hard time getting things?

But I figured I'd play along: since you're the one who mentioned coming into money, I say go for the gusto! Why not shell out $20,000 and become a "Hung Fa Yi disciple"?
    Ok, I'll take your hand and walk you through this. You seem to know what experience I have with firearms.....right,

Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.
    so I thought the only way you would have any idea about my experience with firearms would be if you were psychic(or knew me personally, which I doubt unless you are a family member), hence the reference to Miss Cleo. And as you are psychic I thought you could let me know when I would come into funds.
    ?

Ummmm.....speaking of not getting things.

Let me repeat myself, yet again:

Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.

You know what? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in all this, but can you really be this dense?
    Did he at any point say I speak for the HFY family, did he at any point say that this is what all HFY members think...........?
    His comments were made by him, they are his personal thoughts and opinions.
    ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:09pm

Style: She Sho Nah Fen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so many boxes

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 10:13am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    What's the point? How about asking the actual LEO's on here like Keinharr or Phoenix about what's been useful to them on the street. The teach basic stuff to us in the Academy about disarmament, subject control, etc. We can't really go full auto on suspect unless we're in absolute danger and then from my WC experience, I'd use that minimally (some movements in the system are effective) and mostly Judo, and various MMA training.
    Good post. And I agree with you 100%: we should ask what actual LEOs "on the street" find useful.

Actually, the whole idea that we should appeal to a cop's experience "on the street" was one of my points early on, but the Hung Fa Yi people seemed to be quite confused by this, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by geezah
    You keep on with this "on the street" stuff, just what does that mean, do you know how idiotic that sounds???? The only way you can qualify anything is if it is used "on the street"?
    I'm sure the sole reason this particular cop's goofy remark was posted was so the Hung Fa Yi people could say to themselves: "Look what cops think about Hung Fa Yi!!!", followed by stupid-**** comments like "The many voices of experience will always drown out the few cries of skepticsm."

...forgetting the fact that this cop HAS NO EXPERIENCE ever using it, anytime, anywhere!

So here's the lesson for the HFY people: if you're going to appeal to a cop's "experience" to try to justify your martial art, make sure it's "real experience" based on what cop's actually do on the street as part of their profession.

His subjective, yet cultish, fantasy fu opinion about how Hung Fa Yi is the numero uno martial art on the whole friggin' planet doesn't count.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:44pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A lifetime of experience, you have 1yrs worth of experience with HFY, yet you feel you are qualified to comment on all things HFY.

I've already made it clear: I'm questioning its claims.

There is a huge difference between making grandiose claims (that would require a lifetime of experience and of which the person making them doesn't have) and simply questioning those same claims.

So, once again: is there any evidence for these claims, or is this just some cultish BS that your sifus and the rest of your "kung fu family" keep repeating to themselves?

So are you attacking comments made by a LEO with over 13yrs experience in LE, or are you going after HFY?

This thread after all is about comments made by a LEO and his personal view on HFY.

I see that you're really impressed with his 13 years experience as an LEO.

This is like what, the tenth time you've mentioned it?

To which I say again: BFD.

Yes I am impressed, I'm very impressed when anyone puts others before themselves and enforces the law.

And the answer to your question is: both, because his claims are its claims.

As I've already said: this guy is saying, by way of analogy, that the martial art of Hung Fa Yi is the utmost in effectiveness and efficiency (like SWAT teams) whereas (i.e. in comparison to it) all other martial arts don't have the same degree of the two.

It's part of the Hung Fa Yi belief system.

It's what you guys keep telling each other.

It's even on the pages of Mastering Kung Fu!

And then some cop with a little experience in HFY echoes the same sentiment by essentially saying:

"Gee...Hung Fa Yi is like a SWAT team because it's like all efficient and effective and **** in comparison to all those other martial arts, which are like ordinary police units."

So, once again, do you agree with the statement or not?

I'm assuming you do since you're defending it.

Well then...let's hear your defense.

Rather than make it bigger than it actually is, those words are his words, no-one elses.

As hard as it is, stay on subject.

I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?

And that has what to do with my asking you to defend your system's claims and provide some objective evidence for them?

Well, you've called me bro twice, I thought maybe I was related to you, maybe you live over by Docton's Animal Clinic or in Hollywood, Arrowhead or Staduim Heights, maybe your that long lost relative I didn't know about?

? So are you a long lost relative?

Wow, having trouble keeping up, where oh where did that come from, I can tell you have a hard time getting things, but I didn't think I was that far off?

You're the one who brought up Miss Cleo and coming into money, not I.

Where oh where did that come from, LMAO!?

So does that mean that now you're the one having a hard time getting things?

But I figured I'd play along: since you're the one who mentioned coming into money, I say go for the gusto! Why not shell out $20,000 and become a "Hung Fa Yi disciple"?

Ok, I'll take your hand and walk you through this. You seem to know what experience I have with firearms.....right,

Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.

so I thought the only way you would have any idea about my experience with firearms would be if you were psychic(or knew me personally, which I doubt unless you are a family member), hence the reference to Miss Cleo. And as you are psychic I thought you could let me know when I would come into funds.

?

Ummmm.....speaking of not getting things.

Let me repeat myself, yet again:

Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.

You know what? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in all this, but can you really be this dense?

Did he at any point say I speak for the HFY family, did he at any point say that this is what all HFY members think...........?

His comments were made by him, they are his personal thoughts and opinions.

?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2006 12:27pm

Style: muay thai bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im gonna go as far as to claim that wc isnt even a good striking art.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678