Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 6:26am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe that someone is actually trying to defend the SWAT-team comment as anything more than an empty boast with a marketing motive. People would be willing to give you slack for that. But defending it as a legit comment is logically indefensible, and makes HFY look childish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 9:28am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezah
    A lifetime of experience, you have 1yrs worth of experience with HFY, yet you feel you are qualified to comment on all things HFY.
    I've already made it clear: I'm questioning its claims.

There is a huge difference between making grandiose claims (that would require a lifetime of experience and of which the person making them doesn't have) and simply questioning those same claims.

So, once again: is there any evidence for these claims, or is this just some cultish BS that your sifus and the rest of your "kung fu family" keep repeating to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by geezah
    I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?
    And that has what to do with my asking you to defend your system's claims and provide some objective evidence for them?

Wow, having trouble keeping up, where oh where did that come from, I can tell you have a hard time getting things, but I didn't think I was that far off?
    You're the one who brought up Miss Cleo and coming into money, not I.

Where oh where did that come from, LMAO!?

So does that mean that now you're the one having a hard time getting things?

But I figured I'd play along: since you're the one who mentioned coming into money, I say go for the gusto! Why not shell out $20,000 and become a "Hung Fa Yi disciple"?

Then you'll really be convinced that your system is the ****...

...despite zero evidence.

Plus it's a real bargain I hear.

What statements, comments made by a LEO who has over 13yrs LE experience, that chose to make a comparison between HFY and SWAT?!
    Ummmm.....speaking of not getting things.

Let me repeat myself, yet again:

Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.

You know what? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in all this, but can you really be this dense?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 9:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Virus: I think it comes down to arguments from authority being worthless. Also anecdotal evidence is worthless. What makes police the authority on martial arts? They carry guns, batons and pepper spray and learn a few basic takedowns to cuff people. They also always work in pairs and groups. They don't roam the streets by themselves doing this on people....

Geezah: (in response): Pictures are just a moment in time!

And he says I'm not getting it?!? :bunny:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:28am

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    A lifetime of experience, you have 1yrs worth of experience with HFY, yet you feel you are qualified to comment on all things HFY.

There is a huge difference between making grandiose claims (that would require a lifetime of experience and of which the person making them doesn't have) and simply questioning those same claims.

So, once again: is there any evidence for these claims, or is this just some cultish BS that your sifus and the rest of your "kung fu family" keep repeating to themselves?
    So are you attacking comments made by a LEO with over 13yrs experience in LE, or are you going after HFY?
    This thread after all is about comments made by a LEO and his personal view on HFY.

I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?
    And that has what to do with my asking you to defend your system's claims and provide some objective evidence for them?
    Well, you've called me bro twice, I thought maybe I was related to you, maybe you live over by Docton's Animal Clinic or in Hollywood, Arrowhead or Staduim Heights, maybe your that long lost relative I didn't know about?

Wow, having trouble keeping up, where oh where did that come from, I can tell you have a hard time getting things, but I didn't think I was that far off?

But I figured I'd play along: since you're the one who mentioned coming into money, I say go for the gusto! Why not shell out $20,000 and become a "Hung Fa Yi disciple"?
    Ok, I'll take your hand and walk you through this. You seem to know what experience I have with firearms.....right,

Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.
    so I thought the only way you would have any idea about my experience with firearms would be if you were psychic(or knew me personally, which I doubt unless you are a family member), hence the reference to Miss Cleo. And as you are psychic I thought you could let me know when I would come into funds.

Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.

You know what? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in all this, but can you really be this dense?
    Did he at any point say I speak for the HFY family, did he at any point say that this is what all HFY members think...........?
    His comments were made by him, they are his personal thoughts and opinions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So are you attacking comments made by a LEO with over 13yrs experience in LE, or are you going after HFY? This thread after all is about comments made by a LEO and his personal view on HFY.
    I see that you're really impressed with his 13 years experience as an LEO.

This is like what, the tenth time you've mentioned it?

To which I say again: BFD.

And the answer to your question is: both, because his claims are its claims.

As I've already said: this guy is saying, by way of analogy, that the martial art of Hung Fa Yi is the utmost in effectiveness and efficiency (like SWAT teams) whereas (i.e. in comparison to it) all other martial arts don't have the same degree of the two.

It's part of the Hung Fa Yi belief system.

It's what you guys keep telling each other.

It's even on the pages of Mastering Kung Fu!

And then some cop with a little experience in HFY echoes the same sentiment by essentially saying:

"Gee...Hung Fa Yi is like a SWAT team because it's like all efficient and effective and **** in comparison to all those other martial arts, which are like ordinary police units."

So, once again, do you agree with the statement or not?

I'm assuming you do since you're defending it.

Well then...let's hear your defense.
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 1/19/2006 11:13am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 11:34am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a florist came onto the forum and said Shotokan is to Martial Arts as a Tudor Rose is to Weeds then i'd want them to prove it, I wouldn't instantly defend the style i practice when others call them on their bullshido.

No one needs to defend this guys boasting, he merely needs to prove it. In that regard being a cop is about as much proof as being a florist.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 12:58pm

Style: Extreme Ukemi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fun thing is, had any school with reasonable, alive training methods that use resistance been called out in this way, they could have simply posted pictures/videos of sparring, quality evidence of the art's effectiveness, etc. etc. etc.

Instead we get two pages of debating an analogy. I can't remember the last time I saw Matt Thorton or Bas Rutten arguing semantics.

Also, five center lines? One center line is of questionable value, who needs five?

Anyway, there's still a chance there's some merit to all this, but how about trying to show it instead of arguing trivial little things....

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormoran
    If a florist came onto the forum and said Shotokan is to Martial Arts as a Tudor Rose is to Weeds then i'd want them to prove it, I wouldn't instantly defend the style i practice when others call them on their bullshido.

No one needs to defend this guys boasting, he merely needs to prove it. In that regard being a cop is about as much proof as being a florist.

Yeah, but what if the guy was florist for 13 years and worked his way up to being a floral arranger, plus he also had those six additional months of training over GhostDog68's one year? :smile:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 1:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FledglingTengu
    The fun thing is, had any school with reasonable, alive training methods that use resistance been called out in this way, they could have simply posted pictures/videos of sparring, quality evidence of the art's effectiveness, etc. etc. etc.

Instead we get two pages of debating an analogy. I can't remember the last time I saw Matt Thorton or Bas Rutten arguing semantics.
    Oh yeah? I bet those HFY guys could drop Matt or Bas with a concept.

They're "scientific fighters", after all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:34pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So are you attacking comments made by a LEO with over 13yrs experience in LE, or are you going after HFY?
    This thread after all is about comments made by a LEO and his personal view on HFY.
    I see that you're really impressed with his 13 years experience as an LEO.

This is like what, the tenth time you've mentioned it?

To which I say again: BFD.
    Yes I am impressed, I'm very impressed when anyone puts others before themselves and enforces the law.

And the answer to your question is: both, because his claims are its claims.

As I've already said: this guy is saying, by way of analogy, that the martial art of Hung Fa Yi is the utmost in effectiveness and efficiency (like SWAT teams) whereas (i.e. in comparison to it) all other martial arts don't have the same degree of the two.

It's part of the Hung Fa Yi belief system.

It's what you guys keep telling each other.

It's even on the pages of Mastering Kung Fu!

And then some cop with a little experience in HFY echoes the same sentiment by essentially saying:

"Gee...Hung Fa Yi is like a SWAT team because it's like all efficient and effective and **** in comparison to all those other martial arts, which are like ordinary police units."

So, once again, do you agree with the statement or not?

I'm assuming you do since you're defending it.

Well then...let's hear your defense.
    Rather than make it bigger than it actually is, those words are his words, no-one elses.
    As hard as it may be, stay on subject.

Well, you've called me bro twice, I thought maybe I was related to you, maybe you live over by Docton's Animal Clinic or in Hollywood, Arrowhead or Staduim Heights, maybe your that long lost relative I didn't know about?
    ? So are you a long lost relative?

Ok, I'll take your hand and walk you through this. You seem to know what experience I have with firearms.....right,

Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.
    so I thought the only way you would have any idea about my experience with firearms would be if you were psychic(or knew me personally, which I doubt unless you are a family member), hence the reference to Miss Cleo. And as you are psychic I thought you could let me know when I would come into funds.
    ?

Did he at any point say I speak for the HFY family, did he at any point say that this is what all HFY members think...........?
    His comments were made by him, they are his personal thoughts and opinions.
    ?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast