Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2006 2:30am

Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nehza: Oh, and I've never actually seen anyone here claim to have maimed anyone using ninjutsu before... but maybe I don't read enough...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:55am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chango
    No one is saying HFY is the "ulitimate system". I see where some get this idea. HFY is a system based on "maximum efficiency". I know this is a big word for some but there is no other way to say it. Of course if you don't identify with that HFY is not for you that is fine go find something that you can realate to.
    Hey Chango,

Okay, rather than saying "ultimate system", how about we say that Hung Fa Yi is "the most Cutting-Edge martial arts system in the world" instead?

Do you agree with that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 10:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.

Let’s recap: some dude from your “kung fu family” makes the claim “Hung Fa Yi is to the martial arts what SWAT teams are to police departments.” This statement implies that HFY is somehow head and shoulders above every other martial art out there.

While getting some laughs out of the sheer childishness and downright arrogance of the statement, I call you guys on it.

Then you come on here and try to defend the statement by pointing out that the dude who made the remark has been a cop for, like, a really long time and stuff, and now he’s even a detective too!

To which I responded: “BFD! Who cares?!?”

Since you still don’t see the problem, let me spell it out for you:

It doesn’t matter HOW LONG this guy has been a COP or a DETECTIVE. In order for someone to even BEGIN to make such a claim, one would first have to have a lifetime of experience in a wide variety of different martial arts in addition to his mere 18 months of Hung Fa Yi. And, in addition to this, he would also have to have used this one particular style to defeat a bunch of other skilled fighters from a variety of different backgrounds, and on quite a few occasions. Only then could one have the experience necessary to be able to even make a comparison between Hung Fa Yi and all other martial arts, as he did.

I could go on, but are you beginning to see the problem now?

It all comes down to this:

What does he base his opinion on?

Is his opinion based on a lifetime of experience in a wide variety of martial arts, in addition to Hung Fa Yi?

No.

Is his opinion based on his using his Hung Fa Yi to effortlessly defeat skilled fighters on many (let alone any) occasions?

No.

So what is it based on?

Simple: it’s based on what his “teachers” and the rest of his (and your) “kung fu family” keep saying to themselves over and over and over. It’s not based on anything real, anything objective, or anything anyone else can even verify. It’s all in your heads. It’s nothing more than an article of faith for you and your “family”, with no objective evidence whatsoever, from anywhere or anytime.

Once again: where’s the evidence that your system is somehow superior to all other martial arts (as the quote implies)? Where’s the evidence that your system is “the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world.”? Where’s the evidence that it, as it says in Mastering Kung Fu, is “the ONLY martial system to ultimately reach maximum levels of efficiency” (page 65)?

If this were the case, shouldn’t you guys be cleaning up all sorts of martial arts tournaments by now? And by tournaments, I mean real tournaments where you get to test yourselves against fighters from a wide variety of backgrounds, such as BJJ to Muay Thai to submission fighters, to name just a few. You guys are the “premier martial arts system” after all! Therefore, it stands to reason that you shouldn’t have any problem disposing of a few Gracies, a MT practitioner like, say, Razor McCullough, or someone from the Lion’s Den.

You guys should be dominating the UFC yo! You have the “ultimate fighting system” that does everything from stand-up to grappling to ground-fighting, and it does all this with a peak efficiency that no other martial arts system on the friggin’ planet has! (And it even has “t3h deadly dim mak” too, LMAO!)

I noticed that when I asked for some evidence of your system’s effectiveness on that other thread, you Hung Fa Yi guys wouldn’t give an answer.

Will you answer it?

Care to take a stab?

Quote Originally Posted by geezah
    You keep on with this "on the street" stuff, just what does that mean, do you know how idiotic that sounds???? The only way you can qualify anything is if it is used "on the street"?
    Ummm…..speaking of idiotic.

You’re the one who thinks that being a cop gives someone a special insight to pronounce one martial arts system (namely his…and yours) to be somehow superior to all others.

Now where else would a cop get to test such a hypothesis anyways?

At the f*cking donut shop!?!?

LMAO.
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 1/17/2006 10:26am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 4:33pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Keep at those firearms lessons bro! Maybe you’ll stop shooting yourself in the foot when your aim finally improves.
    Ok, jumping the gun again.....get it.......jumping the gun.......so Miss Cleo, any chance I might come into some money....after all, may as well put those psychic abilities to good use?!

Let’s recap: some dude from your “kung fu family” makes the claim “Hung Fa Yi is to the martial arts what SWAT teams are to police departments.” This statement implies that HFY is somehow head and shoulders above every other martial art out there.
    So, I'm guessing you are not LE(never have been), so to recap, we have someone with more LE experience than you ever(over 13yrs) and more HFY experience than you(over 18mths), he chose to make the comparison, he did not say it "is somehow head and shoulders above every other martial art out there". Not once did he mention it was so Delta OOOO!!!!!!OOOOO

While getting some laughs out of the sheer childishness and downright arrogance of the statement, I call you guys on it.
    He chose to make the comparison, he did not go on national television and make any official statements!

Then you come on here and try to defend the statement by pointing out that the dude who made the remark has been a cop for, like, a really long time and stuff, and now he’s even a detective too!

To which I responded: “BFD! Who cares?!?”

What is it that you don't get, he is basing his comments on his experiences, these expereinces just so happen to involve being a LEO for over 13yrs. I would say he's allot more qualified than you, how much experience do you have with SWAT, roughly the same as your experience with HFY?

Since you still don’t see the problem, let me spell it out for you:

It doesn’t matter HOW LONG this guy has been a COP or a DETECTIVE. In order for someone to even BEGIN to make such a claim, one would first have to have a lifetime of experience in a wide variety of different martial arts in addition to his mere 18 months of Hung Fa Yi. And, in addition to this, he would also have to have used this one particular style to defeat a bunch of other skilled fighters from a variety of different backgrounds, and on quite a few occasions. Only then could one have the experience necessary to be able to even make a comparison between Hung Fa Yi and all other martial arts, as he did.

I could go on, but are you beginning to see the problem now?
    I think so, basically you are saying that you not in a position to comment on anything HFY, seeing as you do not have the experience to poo poo it, as you have been in just about every one of your posts!

It all comes down to this:

What does he base his opinion on?

Is his opinion based on a lifetime of experience in a wide variety of martial arts, in addition to Hung Fa Yi?

No.

Is his opinion based on his using his Hung Fa Yi to effortlessly defeat skilled fighters on many (let alone any) occasions?

No.

So what is it based on?

Simple: it’s based on what his “teachers” and the rest of his (and your) “kung fu family” keep saying to themselves over and over and over. It’s not based on anything real, anything objective, or anything anyone else can even verify. It’s all in your heads. It’s nothing more than an article of faith for you and your “family”, with no objective evidence whatsoever, from anywhere or anytime.

Once again: where’s the evidence that your system is somehow superior to all other martial arts (as the quote implies)? Where’s the evidence that your system is “the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world.”? Where’s the evidence that it, as it says in Mastering Kung Fu, is “the ONLY martial system to ultimately reach maximum levels of efficiency” (page 65)?

If this were the case, shouldn’t you guys be cleaning up all sorts of martial arts tournaments by now? And by tournaments, I mean real tournaments where you get to test yourselves against fighters from a wide variety of backgrounds, such as BJJ to Muay Thai to submission fighters, to name just a few. You guys are the “premier martial arts system” after all! Therefore, it stands to reason that you shouldn’t have any problem disposing of a few Gracies, a MT practitioner like, say, Razor McCullough, or someone from the Lion’s Den.

You guys should be dominating the UFC yo! You have the “ultimate fighting system” that does everything from stand-up to grappling to ground-fighting, and it does all this with a peak efficiency that no other martial arts system on the friggin’ planet has! (And it even has “t3h deadly dim mak” too, LMAO!)
    I think you may have misread what the LEO was saying, here are his words,

Hung Fa Yi is to martial arts what S.W.A.T. teams are to police departments. Patrolmen on the street are generally effective in policing, but when a critical incident requires the utmost effectiveness and efficiency, S.W.A.T. teams are called in. Why? Because human lives are at risk. The S.W.A.T. teams are so much more proficient that the risk of death or injury to everyone involved, even the perpetrator, is reduced. S.W.A.T. teams have very precise responses to given situations. Their responses are very deliberate and calculated causing the perpetrator’s abilities to be limited. The perpetrator’s actions become controlled and predictable. Their live training methods provide them with experience to quickly recognize and properly respond to situations. The knowledge of Hung Fa Yi provides combat effectiveness and efficiency that is similar to that of S.W.A.T. teams. By having calculated combat positions and precision responses to predictable actions by opponents based on the universal laws of time, space, and energy that are repetitiously drilled using methods that reproduce realistic combat scenarios, Hung Fa Yi practitioners are able to effectively and efficiently defend against an attacker.

I noticed that when I asked for some evidence of your system’s effectiveness on that other thread, you Hung Fa Yi guys wouldn’t give an answer.

Will you answer it?

Care to take a stab?
    Not really, I'm more interested in finding out why you think you are more qualified than a LEO to poo poo him when he chose to compare SWAT to HFY.

Ummm…..speaking of idiotic.

You’re the one who thinks that being a cop gives someone a special insight to pronounce one martial arts system (namely his…and yours) to be somehow superior to all others.

Now where else would a cop get to test such a hypothesis anyways?
    I do not think that by "just being a cop" puts him a position to make the comparison, I strongly believe that as he has over 13yrs as a LEO and over 18mths in HFY, and that he is now a detective and probably works very closely with SWAT, he is (again) in a better position than you or I to to make the comparison!

At the f*cking donut shop!?!?

LMAO.
    Sorry, I don't get it????

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:40pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabogganwheel
    nehza: Oh, and I've never actually seen anyone here claim to have maimed anyone using ninjutsu before... but maybe I don't read enough...
    ashida kim maybe? i always had the impression that ninjas all had to kill someone as a rite of passage or something. or whatever :ninjafigh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 9:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not really, I'm more interested in finding out why you think you are more qualified than a LEO to poo poo him when he chose to compare SWAT to HFY.
    He's not comparing SWAT to HFY: he's equating the two with an analogy.

Duh.

Once again:

Hung Fa Yi is to martial arts what S.W.A.T. teams are to police departments. Patrolmen on the street are generally effective in policing, but when a critical incident requires the utmost effectiveness and efficiency, S.W.A.T. teams are called in.
    "Hung Fa Yi is to martial arts...."

The "is to" is acting like a comparative here. And those two terms are being compared, with the former being analogous to a SWAT team ("utmost in effectiveness and efficiency") and the latter to simple ol' police departments (not as effective and efficient as SWAT teams).

So, in other words, this guy is saying, by way of analogy, that the martial art of Hung Fa Yi is the utmost in effectiveness and efficiency (like SWAT teams) whereas (i.e. in comparison to it) all other martial arts don't have the same degree of the two.

Hmmm....

Now where have I heard that before?!?

Oh, that's right...on the pages of Mastering Kung Fu (and elsewhere on the HFY108 site!) :5sonar:

My main point, once again:

1. Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.

And, technically, even if one DID have such experience, it would still be problematic to make such an assertion. After all, has the person making the claim experienced ALL martial arts, for example? If not, then how would he really know?

But, of course, the guy in question here doesn't really know that.

And neither do you (but you'll defend it anyways, LOL!)

He's just spouting off one of your "kung fu family's" articles of faith.

And with that in mind, I'll just ask again what I asked before (which, as usual, you Hung Fa Yi guys refuse to answer):

Where’s the evidence that your system is "the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world"?

Where’s the evidence that it, as it says in Mastering Kung Fu, is "the ONLY martial system to ultimately reach maximum levels of efficiency"(page 65)?

C'mon bro...defend those statements!

Ok, jumping the gun again.....get it.......jumping the gun.......so Miss Cleo, any chance I might come into some money....after all, may as well put those psychic abilities to good use?!
    Maybe you can come into $20,000.

Then you could become a "disciple."

And then you'll really be convinced that Hung Fa Yi is the most cutting edge martial art on the whole planet!

...basically you are saying that you not in a position to comment on anything HFY, seeing as you do not have the experience to poo poo it, as you have been in just about every one of your posts!
    I'm calling it on its claims, one of which is that it's "the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world." The other, that it is the ONLY martial system to reach maximum levels of efficiency.

Care to defend these statements?

By all means, provide objective evidence if you do. Not just quotes from your Sifu, or the pages of Mastering Kung Fu.
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 1/18/2006 9:36am at .

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 4:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it comes down to arguments from authority being worthless. Also anecdotal evidence is worthless. What makes police the authority on martial arts? They carry guns, batons and pepper spray and learn a few basic takedowns to cuff people. They also always work in pairs and groups. They don't roam the streets by themselves doing this on people:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 4:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezah
    Originally Posted by geezah:

He's not comparing SWAT to HFY: he's equating the two with an analogy.
    Ok, but he still has more experience than you in both fields?

My main point, once again:

1. Being a cop might give him the experience to compare SWAT teams to ordinary police departments, but not one martial art to all others. For unless one has a lifetime of experience in a variety of martial arts, no one can compare one particular martial art (Hung Fa Yi) to every other ("the martial arts") and declare that one of them is the "utmost effective and efficient" whereas the others aren't.
    A lifetime of experience, you have 1yrs worth of experience with HFY, yet you feel you are qualified to comment on all things HFY.

C'mon bro...defend those statements!
    I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?

Maybe you can come into $20,000.

Then you could become a "disciple."

And then you'll really be convinced that Hung Fa Yi is the most cutting edge martial art on the whole planet!
    Wow, having trouble keeping up, where oh where did that come from, I can tell you have a hard time getting things, but I didn't think I was that far off?

I'm calling it on its claims, one of which is that it's "the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world." The other, that it is the ONLY martial system to reach maximum levels of efficiency.

Care to defend these statements?

By all means, provide objective evidence if you do. Not just quotes from your Sifu, or the pages of Mastering Kung Fu.
    What statements, comments made by a LEO who has over 13yrs LE experience, that chose to make a comparison between HFY and SWAT?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 4:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    I think it comes down to arguments from authority being worthless. Also anecdotal evidence is worthless. What makes police the authority on martial arts? They carry guns, batons and pepper spray and learn a few basic takedowns to cuff people. They also always work in pairs and groups. They don't roam the streets by themselves doing this on people:

Pictures are just a moment in time.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry, do I know you, are you the long lost family member from Arrowhead, or the crazy uncle that lives in Staduim Heights, with all that said, for some crazy reason I believe I do not have a clue who you are?
    How about me, do you know who I am? :eusa_naug (Hint, I'm not a character from an "Outer Limits" episode.)

If your implication is that he feels comfortable shielded behind a keyboard to ask such questions that are, in reality, some sort of front for an attack, then allow me to put my name to two of the questions originally asked by him:

1. Where’s the evidence that your system is "the most cutting edge martial arts system in the world"?

2. Where’s the evidence that it, as it says in Mastering Kung Fu, is "the ONLY martial system to ultimately reach maximum levels of efficiency"(page 65)?

Providing answers and possibly references to those two questions is the stated purpose of this forum.

Care to comment? :smile:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast