Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 8:00am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Where do you live young, dum and full of Jing?

Would love to hear about cops being shot as they tried to armbar perps or see em on the news rear naked choking some soccer mom who wont sign a ticket....
    Yes, that would be interesting ... Is it known that no cop ever was shot or made the news trying to hit someone? :listen:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 8:15am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ant
    Anyone tried to read benny meng's book? I was getting headaches from the amount of times that they said; hung fa yi warrior, time, space and some other random sayings to make it sound like a fighting science.
    I have. Until I read it, I had no idea that the Southern Shaolin monks used terms like "force vectors", "battlefield perimeter arrays" and "paradigm shifts."

Oh yeah, and don't forget [as MKF insinuates]: Bruc3 L33 would be a Hung Fa Yi practitioner if it were not still "hidden in secrecy" while he was still alive. After all, it's the style of maximum efficiency he spent his whole life trying to find!!!
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 11/28/2005 8:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/28/2005 9:17am

Style: Wing Chun , Yang Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hung Fa Yi is basically the same as other styles of wing chun, but Meng and Gee have addded an absurd amount of complicated history, belts, and a **** load of diagrams (5 centerlines, ect.).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 12:33pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Indeed.

On the Hung Fa Yi site, just check out the response of "Cang Long":

"The many voices of experience will always drown out the few cries of skepticsm."

Experience?!?!? What f*cking experience!?!? He hasn't even used his "Hung Fa Yi skills" in a confrontation on the street, yet "Cang Long" is babbling on about this man's "experience" validating Hung Fa Yi.

Somebody obviously is missing a clue...
    As an inactive HFY member, I chose a different path to pursue(for the moment), I wanted to gain experience with firearms, but as I have not yet(hopefully never) had to use them on "the street", does that mean I am lacking the skills to hit my target?

But as far as experience goes, how can you now become the (somewhat lacking)Benedict Arnold of HFY when you only studied it for a year?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 1:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezah
    As an inactive HFY member, I chose a different path to pursue(for the moment), I wanted to gain experience with firearms, but as I have not yet(hopefully never) had to use them on "the street", does that mean I am lacking the skills to hit my target?

But as far as experience goes, how can you now become the (somewhat lacking)Benedict Arnold of HFY when you only studied it for a year?
    So now I'm the "Benedict Arnold of HFY?"

LMAO!!

Why not answer this question instead: How can someone who's studied Hung Fa Yi for a little more than a year, and has never used it in a real-life situation, make the claim that "Hung Fa Yi is to the martial arts what SWAT Teams are to police departments."?

Did that little problem ever occur to you?

I didn't think so.

But I get it: you guys have "the ultimate fighting system" on the entire planet.

So of course you'll make these silly comments.

All evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 1/13/2006 1:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:01pm

Style: Firearms-Inactive-HFY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    So now I'm the "Benedict Arnold of HFY?"

LMAO!!

Why not answer this question instead: How can someone who's studied Hung Fa Yi for a little more than a year, and has never used it in a real-life situation, make the claim that "Hung Fa Yi is to the martial arts what SWAT Teams are to police departments."?

Did that little problem ever occur to you?

I didn't think so.

But I get it: you guys have "the ultimate fighting system" on the entire planet.

So of course you'll make these silly comments.

All evidence to the contrary.
    The Police Officer in question has been in LE for over 13yrs, he is currently a detective, he has studied HFY for over 18mths.
    I am sure that with over 13yrs of experience in Law Enforcement, he is in a much better position than you or I to compare HFY to SWAT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Police Officer in question has been in LE for over 13yrs, he is currently a detective, he has studied HFY for over 18mths. I am sure that with over 13yrs of experience in Law Enforcement, he is in a much better position than you or I to compare HFY to SWAT.
    Who cares how many years experience as a cop he has?

And who cares if he's a detective?

BFD.

With that idiotic statement, he is essentially comparing Hung Fa Yi (which he's only studied for 18 months and has never used "on the street") to every single martial art on the planet, declaring it superior to them.

Once again I ask: you don't see a problem with that statement?

LMAO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Hung Fa Yi is the only martial system to ultimately reach maximum levels of efficiency." ("Mastering Kung Fu", p 65)

All you Hung Fa Yi guys really believe this BS....don't you?

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does it mean that? It is quite within the realm of possibility the answer to your question is YES. There is no way to know.

You will never know for sure unless you actually face that situation. Nothing is certain. You can't even be sure if you went through it once already. There is only manipulation of percentages.

Deal with it. Embrace the uncertainty. Stop being so sure.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:32pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    I could easily see jujitsu or judo being far more useful to cops than WC, ....
    As my VT sifu has told the class: "I'm not teaching you how to deal with your friend when he's drunk and being stupid. I'm teaching you how to **** people up. If you think I'm going to waste your time by showing you some cool tricks to keep your friends in line you are going to be sorely mistaken. Go take judo or jujitsu or something..."

Or something like that. :new_Llol:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast