11/23/2005 9:59am, #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2005
The Ashida Kim "$10,000 Challenge"
So, you want to fight Ashida Kim and prove he's a FRAUD? Here's all you have to do (according to his own website):
""First, since most of the challenges are frivolous, being generated by those who have some grudge with their own masters but who are afraid to face them and so select a surrogate upon whom to vent their anger and frustration; and, in light of my own professional status, Challengers must post an Appearance Bond of $25,000 to guarantee that they will actually show up for the fight, limiting the number of unnecessary trips to meet these loudmouths who then don't show up despite all their braggadocio. . . .
"Second, as a professional fighter, my fee is $10,000. Which will be paid by the Challenger 30 days before the match. Also, Challenger will pay travel expenses for myself and a party of three to the site of the match and provide food and lodging for the Party for the duration of the event.
"Third, Challenger will provide documentation and certification from local sports authorities governing such events attesting to their physical fitness and credentials sufficient to demonstrate their ring worthiness, and sign an irrevocable release absolving Ashida Kim, his agents and assignees from any financial, criminal, or moral liability in the event the Challenger is killed, crippled, or maimed.
"Fourth, the Match will be held in a public venue to which admission is paid, of which, the Challenged will receive one-half of all gate and concession receipts. A member of the Party will supervise ticket and concession sales and all amounts due will be paid before the match. No dough, no show. The reason for this stipulation is that I have fought many times in alleys to defend my honor, only to have the tale told by the loser of how he kicked my ass. Therefore, credible and numerous witnesses are required to prevent any disinformation.
"Fifth, Ashida Kim will be declared the winner in the event of a 5-second pinfall, submission by the opponent using matte or pat-out, if the opponent is unable to answer the bell, if the opponent is knocked out or rendered unconscious by a choke or stranglehold for a standard referee's 10-count, if the Ringside Physician determines he is unable to continue, if he fails to appear for the match, or is disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct. No judges, no holds barred, last man standing is the Champ."
Here are a few questions for the illustrious Mr. Kim:
1. You ask for $25,000 to be put up before you will agree to a challenge since you don't want to be "stood up" at the fight (as if it might interfere with your wildly popular writing career). I've got a better idea- why don't you just tell us your "class schedule" for your ninja McDojo and one of us will show up and beat your silly a$$$$ in front of all of your students. That way, we don't interfere with your schedule and there will be PLENTY of credible witnesses (i.e. your mind-numbed students) to your simple defeat.
2. You claim to be a "professional fighter", yet I am unaware of any titles you have ever held or even sought in any professional fighting organization. Perhaps you could clarify for us exactly when and where you have ever been paid to fight for the entertainment of crowds (i.e. boxer, UFC, etc.) since usually it is someone who actually brings both a crowd and expertise in the particular fight game to which the crowd is coming to see that gives them the "suck" to be paid. You, from what I can tell, simply do not and never have had the "suck" to draw crowds to see you fight. Quite the opposite- you just seem to SUCK.
3. As to documentation, I'll just sign a waiver. I don't actually know if there are any governing bodies that oversee the demolition of charlatan ninja wannabes. You act as if defeating the likes of you would actually mean something to the world. The only thing it would mean to you is that the idiots stupid enough to pay you money might be saved the embarassment of continuing to be associated with you and your silly business venture.
4. As for the venue where money is paid, having the fight in your school would solve the problem altogether- and you could have ALL of the money those idiots paid to come take lessons from you that day (although one of us would actually be teaching the lesson, I can assure you). Don't worry, though- I've done free classes for charity in the past. One more in the service to manking would not be a problem, and, after all, the class wouldn't last more than two minutes.
5. Don't worry about how you might be declared the winner. Trust me, unless you consider being knocked the hell out a victory, you won't be claiming much of anything except tax breaks due to medical bills on your next 1040 Tax Form.
You see, Mr. Kim, it is rather silly for you to set up the Twelve Labors of Hercules before agreeing to "put up or shut up" when it comes to your claims of martial prowess. You seem more akin to Kramer on Seinfeld who was all excited to tell Jerry that he had defeated everyone else in his martial arts class in a sparring session only to have it later discovered that his opponents were all third-graders.
You, Mr. Kim, are a coward and a charlatan. If you would ever like to challenge my claim, just come to Chicago and drop me an email. No money down, no monthly payments. Just me knocking a silly old man a$$$ over teakettle.
11/23/2005 10:04am, #2
I cannot believed you just posted what you posted.
Use the search function and be ashamed of yourself.That civilisation may not sink,
Its great battle lost,
Quiet the dog, tether the pony
To a distant post;
Our master Caesar is in the tent
Where the maps are spread,
His eyes fixed upon nothing,
A hand under his head.
- W.B. Yeats
11/23/2005 10:22am, #3
From one noob to another, you might want to look around and use the search function for a while before posting something like that. I am not sure what to make of your post.
Start here for Ashida Kim:
11/23/2005 10:42am, #4
OMG!! GUYS?!?! WHY DID WE NOT THINK OF THIS?!?!
11/23/2005 10:46am, #5
- Join Date
- Nov 2005
Not to beat this horse to death, but on the Beardor fourms on his site, he also states that his challenge is so difficult to accept is beacuse he does not want to fight.
See, my whole $10,000 Challenge is simply an artistic way of me saying that what I do as martial art is about self defense. Not about being a bully or duking it out in the ring. But, you can't seem to grasp that. What part of "I don't want to fight with you" do you not understand?
Last edited by PEtrainer; 11/23/2005 10:55am at .
11/23/2005 10:46am, #6Originally Posted by Vanguard.45
OHHHHH... Tax Break Burn...... the most feared of all burns...
You should be drawn and quartered for being a fucktard.
11/23/2005 10:48am, #7
11/23/2005 10:49am, #8
- Join Date
- Nov 2005
From one "NOOB" to another
I guess if there have been THAT many threads about Ashida Kim in the past, one more won't sink the ship. Plus, I had not read the direct approach to just going to him and stepping up there in his own school. Personally, I don't care that much about beating up an old man, but someone might like to go visit him.
Just adding my $.02 worth on the matter.
11/23/2005 10:53am, #9Originally Posted by Vanguard.45
11/23/2005 10:53am, #10
So now we have KeichuVanguard AND Vanguard.45, coincidence?