Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 3:52pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edited for thread continuity:

Rifle: 30.06 Bolt action. Why? Cuz as far as rifles go, it's the only one I can consistantly hit **** with, that also carries the stopping power for big game. :qright1:

unless I can substitute for a Browning Bushmaster compound Bow. I was always REAL good with my Browning...

Sidearm: Any model of 1911 will do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Knife: What Phrost said.

Otherwise: Problem solved below:
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Scrapper; 11/21/2005 5:17pm at .
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 3:56pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Problem solved.
    Did you read the part about actually firing the weapon?

Jeesh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 4:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My uncle has...From a helocopter. He's pretty sure it would do the trick. I just had the picture and couldn't help myself. I shall edit if it offends...
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 4:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Did you read the part about actually firing the weapon?

Jeesh!
    He's probably watched Predator and T2 enough times to know how it works by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Sidearm: Any model of 1911 will do. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Amen.
    Last edited by Neildo; 11/21/2005 5:43pm at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 4:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting question.

Well if the **** hits the fan, I'm not planning on wallowing around an urban area like some kind of sewer rat. I'd head for the woods and go into a survival mode. With that in mind, I'm thinking primarily about long range precision, mobility, sustainability and survival.

In that situation I'd probably be most comfortable with my Remington 700 sniper rifle (.308 caliber). Excellent long range accuracy. Excellent for large game. I'd prefer a .30-06, but I'd go with the .308 because I believe the ammo would be easier to come by, being that it's 7.62 NATO. Also if I ever feel the need to "liberate" an M60, I'd have interchangeable ammo.

For my sidearm, I'd probably prefer either my S&W stainless revolver in .357 magnum, or my other one in .44 magnum. I say revolver because of the reliability despite being abused, submerged, dropped, frozen, covered with sand, etc. (another reason I chose my bolt action Remington 700 over my Colt M16 or Bushmaster AR15). However, once again becasue of ammo concerns and my desire to "liberate" ammo as needed, rather than carry ammo cans, I'd have to go with my Beretta 9mm. I actually hate the 9mm, and I'm not a big fan of Beretta, but I keep it simply because I want one 9mm. It's the only 9mm I have. I would take my H&K USP .45, or my Sig Sauer .40, probably the Sig because I think it would be a better caliber for that situation, but once again, due to ammo concerns I'd have to go with the 9mm.

As for my knife, no question it would have to be a Randall Model 1.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rifle: AK-47 - It's near fucking indestructable, can continue to work under the shittiest of conditions with minimal upkeep and I've already got a shitload of ammo for it.
    Pistol: Glock 21 (.45 cal) - Pretty much the same reasons.
    Knife: Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry Smatchet. Because it slices, dices, machetes and hammers.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 5:07pm

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rifle: ak 47 because of the lickings it'll take
    Sidearm: This is tricky because I'd really rather have a short AK and a shotgun, or an assult rifle and a submachine gun, since like Dai I'm not the best at percieving the downrange, but if I can't count an mp5 or a pistol-grip mossberg as a sidearm, I'm going to go with the glock g21c. High capacity .45 + German engineering FTW
    kinfe: The Cold Steel Outdoorsman is a good knife since anthony said things we've handled and not things we could afford. I might trade it for a good leatherman or Gerber in all honesty.

Edit: Poi and I crossposted. Great minds, great minds.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    ...Edit: Poi and I crossposted. Great minds, great minds.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JohnnyCache again. Heheh...
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 4:19am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the only gun I've fired is some wimpy old .22 rifle that me and a buddy snatched out of my grandpa's cabinet, hid under a trenchcoat and fired at a tree in Fish Creek Park. Then we got drunk and walked home... So my real collection would be boring/stupid. I have however handled a kabar and those are fantastic.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 6:33am

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fark, I wouldnt know, given my non-firing of rifles. Although not a rifle, I'd make it a point to get a shotgun (which i have fired) and saw it off. Not because its effective, but because its fucking badass. Sidearm would be the .44 magnum, again, because its the only thing above .22 that Ive fired. I may not be the most effective, but whoever Id kill, it would be fun.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the blade: Probably an old-school WWI era bayonet we have lying around the house. That would be kickass.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast