Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/14/2003 4:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Only people who use a single style should be admitted. Seeing large men pound each other stylessly is something I can see in my local suburb if I hang around the wrong areas.

2. There needs to be a greater variety of styles; more obscure ones from Asia, as well as African and European styles and maybe even styles from other parts of the world.

A UFC with these alterations would help keep threatened styles alive and be a lot more interesting.

I have brain damage; you are just a wanker.

"The streetfighter will always win!" Jerry, former wrestling boxing and judo champ
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    4/14/2003 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know, I think this would be a reversion to the old days, when someone like Royce Gracie brought to the table and dominated with a weapon that other people didn't know how to defend against...

It's like they had a checklist, "Blocking... check. Parrying... check. Bob and weave... check. Grappling defense... oh, ****."

Granted, there's always benefit for the obscure, traditional styles to come into the octagon and show their stuff for real, and I think the door's still open for that. If I had the resources, I'd do my best to introduce the pangamut empty-hand aspect of FMA, see what it could do against the usual Muay Thai/Kyokushin/Boxing used for striking and whatnot.
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    4/14/2003 6:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you trolling ?
    I'll assume you're not and answer.

It is fun to watch the older UFC's and see the different styles clash but its not possible now.

People train to be complete fighters now. How do you force them to only train in a particular style ?

And I think we found out from the early UFC's that when it comes to style vs style, BJJ has the edge in the Octagon.

--------
    Don't view the glass as half empty, view it as half full of ****.
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    4/15/2003 1:06am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are still many submissions, the idea of using what works and.or cross trainign is the entire objective - we've had PLENT of styel vs style already, it's evolved past that, and it did so a long time ago.

==
    PFCBas:He always,when he sits down and watches TV,puts his hand,actually both hands,in his pantsProf:It's a very comfortable position actuallyBas:I never tried itProf:ahem,no comment
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Titan

Posted On:
    4/15/2003 7:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Errr, I highly doubt that's going to happen.

I'm sure the Gracies wouldn't mind though.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    4/15/2003 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What we need to see is the fighters getting paid more money. Then you would see some of these lesser-seen arts come out in a public venue. Masters who wouldn't step in the Octagon for 10 grand might change their mind for 500 grand.

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Titan

Posted On:
    4/16/2003 3:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very true.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/18/2003 1:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    stupidest post ever

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/20/2003 5:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That has to be a troll job...

But I see, like Barnum said, there are suckers born every minute...

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    4/21/2003 7:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, I'm not trolling!

It's my opinion and I'll stick to it.

I have brain damage; you are just a wanker.

"The streetfighter will always win!" Jerry, former wrestling boxing and judo champ
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast