Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. #11
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,071
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    You guys are aware that your complaining about guys who are in the prime of there physical efforts. The old adage of 'training hard and wining easy' can be used for every one of theses men. Especialy Tyson in his day.
    I don't think anyone is going to make the claim Rico Suave is in his physical prime. I heard he weighed in at over 300 pounds for his last fight.

    Besides, just because a fighter is skilled doesn't mean he isn't boring.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  2. #12
    WhiteShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    9,168
    Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark Hunt. Fat tough and boring. I like him but he's awful to watch.

  3. #13
    Judah Maccabee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,325
    Style
    Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Mark Hunt. Fat tough and boring. I like him but he's awful to watch.
    What about the Wanderlei fight and the atomic butt drop?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    94
    Style
    Hapkido & TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going with Arona in PRIDE. The lay-n-pray methodology might be effective, unless Rampage gets a hold of him, but it is excruciating to watch. Watching an old vid of him fighting Fedor was painful...lots of ground control and laying in Fedor's guard, very little action. The guy has great takedowns and a solid ground game, but doesn't seem to have the will/strikes to finish anyone. I'm actually hoping Silva destroys him during the NYE show, but expect to see another sleeper with lots of hand waving during the stand-up stuff. :new_sleep

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736
    Style
    Not.....working
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So the problem I gather is that the fighters are so good they make fights seem too easy.Shame on them!

  6. #16
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,071
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    So the problem I gather is that the fighters are so good they make fights seem too easy.Shame on them!
    Or they make the fights incredibly slow. Being able to neutralize everything an opponent throws at you is very impressive, but that is really only half the game. I like to see some effort to finish a fight.

    I have no problem with fighters that have short ass fights because they end them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Multitask
    I'm going with Arona in PRIDE. The lay-n-pray methodology might be effective, unless Rampage gets a hold of him, but it is excruciating to watch. Watching an old vid of him fighting Fedor was painful...lots of ground control and laying in Fedor's guard, very little action. The guy has great takedowns and a solid ground game, but doesn't seem to have the will/strikes to finish anyone. I'm actually hoping Silva destroys him during the NYE show, but expect to see another sleeper with lots of hand waving during the stand-up stuff.
    And he's a whiny asshole. Watching Shogun beat his ass did my heart good.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    94
    Style
    Hapkido & TKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    And he's a whiny asshole. Watching Shogun beat his ass did my heart good.
    Indeed. :) Shogun is the real talent in LHW from Chutebox these days. He took Arona to KTFO Boulevard, which is always a good thing.

  8. #18
    and good morning to you too supporting member
    PirateJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3,240
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Butterbean.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,173
    Style
    None
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by samurai_steve
    What about the Wanderlei fight and the atomic butt drop?
    ...or his fights againts LeBanner in K-1?

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    137
    Style
    Boxing, Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    but, as big and bad as he looks,
    he still punches like a girl. 20 years to learn, and he's probably at 60% of what he
    should be doing.

    `~/
    If 60% gets you:

    The nickname "The most dangerous man alive"
    Inducted into the UFC hall of fame.
    One of the most recognized and respected fighters in MMA history.

    not to mention everything else he is associated with...

    I wouldn't mind being a 60% fighter!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO