Posted On:
    11/20/2005 1:05am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Floyd Mayweather TKO's Sharmba Mitchell in 6 rounds

Mayweather wins easily!

By Shamus Young at ringside

Pound-for-pound best Floyd Mayweather Jr. (35-0, 24 KOs) made his welterweight debut a successful one with a sixth round knockout over two-time former 140lb. champion Sharmba Mitchell (56-5, 30 KOs) Saturday night at the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon. After dominating the first two rounds, Mayweather dropped Mitchell with a right hand in round three. Floyd continued to punish Mitchell finally dropping him with a body shot in round six. Referee Richard Steele stopped the slaughter at 2:05.

FightNews.com

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 1:10am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Mayweather, but I'm losing respext for him becasue he's constantly pushing his opponents head down with his forearm, and one time he had Mitchell in a decent plum clinch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 1:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather is just an incredible fighter. I usually root against him, but damn he's good. Hopefully he gets to fight Zab Judah next. Judahmay be the only guy at that weight that stands a chance.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 1:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He'll probably wind up fighting Cory Spinks to get a win first. Did you see how Mitchell was parrying in the air, kind of like a cat. I do that to when I'm iintimidated by a faster sparring partner. I think I've gotten over it, but I'd probably do it to if I was fighting Mayweather.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 11/20/2005 1:23am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 1:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speed is hard to deal with. Its extremely frustrating when someone is beating you to the punch consistantly.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 7:19am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He came up to my gym about 2 or so months ago. Nice guy, very humble, and dresses well too.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather looked very sharp, as usual. His hand speed is amazing and his punches are nice and crisp.
    He must be pound-for-pound one of the best, if not the best, in the world today.
    It really sucked to see him dominate Gatti the way he did a while back, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Sense Offender

Posted On:
    11/23/2005 8:47am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though his ego is a huge part of his arsenal(note how many elite fighters become ordinary when stripped of it), it is also responsible for as many of them ending their career prematurely.

Moving up in weight just because you can in pursuit of "big fights", big purses and big noteriety will also lead to big fighters ... too big for even the most skilled to consistently handle without consequences. He's 5'7" and never been a big puncher. He had problems versus Jose Luis Castillo in their first fight at 130 lbs and to a lesser degree, teh second one. Diego Corrales is 6' tall but he was only weighing 130 and didn't get in there and plant his head on Mayweather and lean on him for 12 rounds, instead standing outside ... where he was beaten to a pulp!

It's become routine for fighters to move up in weight every few years(Oscar has campaigned as high as 30 lbs over his pro debut) in contrast to how fighters used to move up a weight class once in their whole careers! For example, Ray Robinson who fought for about 20 years won titles at welter and middleweight; a difference of only 13 lbs back then. Ray was 5'10 while Floyd is 5'7.

Sooner or late, Floyd will screw up and sign against one of these big, tough inside fighters and be smashed thru the ropes and battered by forehead, shoulders, elbows and forearms til he's had enough. I'm not fearful mind you ... anxious is probably more accurate. I'm just pointing out that I think the lack of discipline and common sense to pursue money, fame and to satisfy the green monster has a price to pay.(See DLH, Trinidad, etc ...)

Right now, he's p4p and looks invincible and is being lauded far and wide, but so was RJJ once.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/23/2005 8:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Bushido
    Moving up in weight just because you can in pursuit of "big fights", big purses and big noteriety will also lead to big fighters ... too big for even the most skilled to consistently handle without consequences.
    I blame Larry Merchant.