Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 3:40pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Prangley took Horn down and did nothing effective in his guard, whereas Horn hit him repeatedly from the bottom with elbows and had four or five close sub attempts. Horn executed more techniques, was closer to finishing the fight, and caused more damage from the bottom position than Prangley did from the top."

Um, the only things horn did from the bottwom were 3 failed sub attempts. What fight were you watching? Horn didn't do a thing to Prangley from the bottwom in terms of striking. Prangley was was showering down punches and dominating the whole way during the second and third rounds. That was his fight fair and square. Listen to Horn at the end "Uh I guess I just uh worked harder from the bottom." Worked harder? What the hell is that BS?

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 5:08pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the fact that Ken Shamrock is going to be a coach.

He is extremely entertaining, loves to talk and I think he knows what he is talking about.

I mean, you see boxing coaches who are 70 years old, but for some reason they were able to turn out champions? Why is this?

Why is it that at 70 when he supposed to be out of date is he still able to produce fighters who exceed in the sport? It's because like history it repeats itself.

I would love to have Ken Shamrock coach me for a couple months, and I think that anyone who wouldn't take his advice to heart is cheating themselves out of information that he learned the hard way.

Just because a fighter is at the top doesn't mean he can convey his skills thouroughly to a student.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akurra
    Um, the only things horn did from the bottwom were 3 failed sub attempts. What fight were you watching? Horn didn't do a thing to Prangley from the bottwom in terms of striking. Prangley was was showering down punches and dominating the whole way during the second and third rounds. That was his fight fair and square. Listen to Horn at the end "Uh I guess I just uh worked harder from the bottom." Worked harder? What the hell is that BS?
    You're simply wrong. Horn elbowed Prangley repeatedly from the bottom, in the sides of the head and in the face. Prangly never connected with punches or elbows except for one decent flurry in the third round. He had no pass attempts, no sub attempts, and no effective striking from within the guard except for that single flurry. Horn had four close sub attempts, and repeated elbows that connected and got reactions from Prangley (several times when horn was elbowing him he stopped all attempts to hit him and covered up/buried his face).

Watch the fight again.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2005 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So.... i jsut had an interesting conversation at work... I just got of a call with a mortgage broker who was haivng problems with our system. While i was trouble shooting the problem i was sharring her desktop. When i clicked out of our screen and on to her desktop I see she has a picture of who i assume is her, her boyfriend and Nate "the rock" Quarry. So i ask her about it and she tells me that she and her boyfriend are good friends with Nate and the picture was taken post beating at UFC 56. So we started talking about the PPV and and she said that she talked to Nate yesterday adn that he's fine besides some cuts and bruises and that he he's not even that down after taking such a beating. Then we were talking about training who shes met through training and friends of her boyfriend ( who apprently cornered Randy Couture at UFC 13-ish).

That was the coolest call i've ever had at work.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456