Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 11:32am

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nick Thompson wins over Keith Wisniewski Decision (Unaminous)

Wha...? Me not see this, usually they at least recap the undercards.

Thiago Alves wins over Ansar Chalangov TKO (Strikes) 2:25 Round 1

After an impressive win like that, he might just have a future with the UFC, but at 170 lbs, he's in for a challenge.

Sam Hoger wins over Jeff Newton Submission (Rear-naked Choke) 2:05 Round 2

Well...dang. "Unorthodox" is right, but Sam prolly should have won sooner. Why is he still getting fights, anyway? They could at least try to make it look like there's an advantage to actually WINNING on TUF.

Jeremy Horn wins over Trevor Prangley Decision (Unaminous)

Kind of a let-down, in that it was plain boring. I was a little surprised the judges went the way they did, but Horn did come closer to winning the fight with those subs. What's more surprising is that the judges actually rewarded it.

Georges St. Pierre wins over Sean Sherk TKO (Strikes) 2:53 Round 2

Tough break for Sean. Nobody's ever walked through him like that, and if Matt Hughes isn't careful, it could be him on the business-end of those elbows next time.

Matt Hughes wins over Joe Riggs Submission (Kimura) 3:28 Round 1

What a textbook win, it was almost like some of Royce Gracie's early fights. And I was so sure Riggs would be even tougher than Karo would have been.

Gabriel Gonzaga wins over Kevin Jordan TKO (Strikes) 4:39 Round 3

It's funny, when Joe Rogan said, "I have to pee," one of my friends said, "yeah, now everyone's gonna get up to pee, and they're gonna miss something huge and awesome." Well, explosive, deliberate knockout or no explosive, deliberate knockout, I NEVER want to see either of these guys in the octagon again.

Rich Franklin wins over Nathan Quarry KO (Punch) 2:34 Round 1

Exactly as I expected. Quarry lost in a devestating fashion, but I think Zuffa should keep him around for awhile; alot of people get knocked out by Rich Franklin, it's really nothing to be ashamed of. Incidentally, did anyone actually see when he got hit in the forehead? Somehow I missed that, but those goose-eggs didn't pound themselves into existance.

And what a bunch of big news. Penn is back, Mir fighting Arlovski, TUF 3, Couture Liddell rubber match...I'd like to predict that Tito's team will dominate, Arlovski by KO, and Penn by anal penetration over the entirety of the welterweight division.

Thank you.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 12:12pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props to St. Pierre for an excellent victory and to Hughes for both winning quickly and not coming off as an asshole post-fight. Horn's crazy-ass knees were great, as was Shamrock's inability to remember that he's no longer a professional wrestler.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 12:20pm

Style: Aikido, Boxing, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only black spot on this whole event was Prangley getting cheated out of a win. After the second round, even Horn's corner said "Lets assume you each have one round." Horn did have the first round, but the last two where Prangley's for sure. I was very dissapointed with the decision.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to see BJ vs. GSP! LET'S DO THIS!!!
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Old School DM

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what you're saying is Rich Franklin didn't end up being the one with the weak chin?
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 5:20pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's this about Tito and Shamrock being TUF3 coaches? Which Shamrock, Frank or Ken?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 5:26pm

Style: Hapkido & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken is coming to coach and apparently he and Tito will fight at some point. They have both signed multi-fight contracts. Should be an interesting season for TUF3.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 5:31pm

Style: Hapkido & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Akurra
    The only black spot on this whole event was Prangley getting cheated out of a win. After the second round, even Horn's corner said "Lets assume you each have one round." Horn did have the first round, but the last two where Prangley's for sure. I was very dissapointed with the decision.
    I agree. Horn did not look good at all and should not have taken that decision.

Most sites seem to be pointing toward a Benn-St Pierre fight before either gets another shot at Hughes. That is a fight I would like to see!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 7:23pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In each of the two previous TUF seasons, the coaches were famous fighterers with upcoming title fights. TUF 1 hyped Couture vs Liddell. TUF 2 hyped Franklin vs Quarry and Hughes vs Parisyan/Riggs. So is it safe to assume that very soon following the end of TUF 3, there will be a UFC in which Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz fight for a title (fight eachother, or other people)?

Posted On:
    11/20/2005 8:15pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey also, who was that other announcer, he didn't sound like goldberg, i liked him alot more.
    also I'm super happy to see they switched to fairtex gloves.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast