221370 Bullies, 4197 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 9:04am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Anyone watching K1 GP Finals? SPOILERS

Cos I am!

It's better than their recent showings of late with a particularly spectacular knee in the feitosa / musashi fight.

final fight has just finished if anyone wants to know the results...
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 5:46pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    me please

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just about to create a thread about this.Sorry If everyone is waiting to get home to watch the taped fights.But spoilers below.

"A great news for all Kyokushin students just came in. Glaube Feitosa (Brazil) advanced to the final match of the K-1 World GP and finished 2nd. The event took place in Tokyo last night. Although he lost to Semmy Schilt (Holand) at the final, Glaube proved to be a world-class K-1 fighter".

"His last interview after the elimination round in September impressed alot of K-1 fans. It was very modest and full of Kyokushin Spirit. I think Glaube is not just one of the best Kyokushin fightres. He is a karate-ka with budo spirit. The event was televised in Japan and the average audience rate of K-1 is around 20%. It means over 25 million people watched the tournament. It's great for promoting Kyokushin Karate".

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 8:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Schilt the towering monster won the whole thing with a faily spectacular knockout of Feitosa via knee.

Immediately I had to go and download footage of Fedor murderising Schilt in Pride 21 to make me feel better.

Musashi got a wicked knee to the face by feitosa in the semis, Feitosa chase him across the ring with a couple of kicks then jumped up in the air and managed to ram the top of his shin and his knee square into musashi's overblown lips, nose, chin - basically squashed his whole fucking face. Musash wasnt out but had no spirit and lay on the canvas for the count.

Bonjasky said in the prefight interview against Chu Hong MAn the korea, 'I need to win this tournament to stop K1 turning into a circus'. Well he squeaked a victory against Chu but got pulverised by Semmy Schilt in the next round.

Overall it was less of a freak show than usual, they actually had good fighters (during Aerts vs. LeBanner it could have almost been K1's heydey a few years back).

One reason to watch this is you actually get to see Musashi fighting instead of pacing around the ring ponderously - he got pushed to his limits by Ruslan Karaev and the last 20 seconds were particularly awesome.

Sorry about my lame event-reviewing skillz.
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Posted On:
    11/19/2005 9:44pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good nuff for me
    thanks