Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:13pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now see? If you guys had played nice with the ninja's you could have this dude taken out no problem.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I have the info pack, attached to the message... Here is the text for the spiders
    International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association

Welcome To The IBJJA
    Thank you for your interest in the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association (IBJJA).

The IBJJA is an independent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association founded in 2005 by Jerry Laurita, who is President of the association and a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Master Joe Moreira.

The IBJJA is dedicated to providing Martial Arts School Owners the opportunity to learn, teach and get certified in the Art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

The IBJJA will achieve this goal through Seminars, Private Training and Videos.

Most Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu associations provide only financial gain and ego gratification to their founders and are full of politics. The IBJJA is strongly committed to the technical and professional enhancement of itís members and is dedicated not only to service excellence but to making your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program a success!

Our Goals!
    • To promote and spread the Art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu around the world.
    • Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor Training for School Affiliates.
    • To provide IBJJA School Affiliates with a turnkey Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu curriculum.
    • To provide IBJJA members with an achievable set of requirements for earning rank.
    • To help IBJJA School Affiliates the opportunity to grow professionally and personally within an organization dedicated to their personal and business success.
    • To provide IBJJA members access to exciting events, programs, products and services at reasonable fees.

How The IBJJA Will Benefit Your School?
    • Attract and retain adult male students between the ages of 18-50 years old.
    • Earn more money with a stand-alone or add-on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program.
    • Inspire and motivate your students by showing them to never stop learning.
    • Excite and energize advanced and beginner students with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program.
    • Increase students confidence in their abilities to defend themselves on the ground.
    • Belong to a strong, progressive, friendly and International organization.
    • Meet and network with other like minded IBJJA School Owners.

Why Choose The IBJJA?
    • Our goal is to see your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program succeed and make money.
    • We do not impose heavy financial burdens on school affiliates or members.
    • Prompt service for certificates or any merchandise.
    • All of our certificates and merchandise is of the highest quality.
    • No politics, No Favoritism, No Power Games, No Cult like environment...Just Hard Training!

"The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with One Step!"

FAQís
    How do I test for rank?
    In person at your school by Jerry Laurita or if not possible in person by video tape, but the preferred way is in person. Before you test you must fulfill all the requirements for each rank and must be in compliance with all IBJJA policies. As a School Owner you will test for different levels of Instructorship. There are 9 levels of Instructorship before earning your Black Belt. Certification is for IBJJA members only!

I already hold rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu what happens?
    Your rank will transfer over after an evaluation of your skills and be certified at an equivalent Instructor level.

Do I wear a Black Belt when I teach?
    No, not until you earn a Black Belt in BJJ. You will wear a dark navy blue belt with a red bar which signifies you are the instructor.

I have always issued my own school certificates to my students. As a School Affiliate can I continue to use them?
    Yes and No. All Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students MUST receive IBJJA Certificates (Color Belts and Black Belts). The IBJJA will revoke the Charter of any school that does not issue IBJJA certificates to their Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students. You can continue using your own certificateís for your studentís that train in other styles of martial arts.

Do I have to pay the IBJJA a % of testing feeís?
    No, you can charge whatever you like for testing and keep it, but you do have to purchase Official IBJJA Certificates from the IBJJA for only $5 each.

I am a school owner. As a school Affiliate of the IBJJA, do all my students have to become individual members of the IBJJA?
    Only your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students must become members of the IBJJA. No Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ranking will be awarded to non-IBJJA members.

How do I continue learning and progressing in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?
    The IBJJA offers Private Training for School Owners and Group Seminars, just call for more information. Also we recommend finding a good training partner you can practice with everyday.

Can I test for more than one Instructor Level at a time?
    Yes, it depends on your skill level and time training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

IBJJA School Member Fees
    NOTE: The following fees and prices are confidential and apply to IBJJA School Memberís only. IBJJA Instructors can charge higher fees and higher retail prices to their students. All certificates can be issued only to IBJJA members. Payment must be in US currency. We reserve the right to hold shipment until checks clear.

Membership:
    School Membership: $200 per year
    (Includes School Certificate) (Additional Branch School Certificate, Only! $25)
    Student Membership: $40 per year (Includes Patch & Id card)
    Send HQ: $30

Certificates:
    Certificates: $5
    Black Belt Testing Fee: $200
    Level 1 - 9 Instructor Certification: $50 each

Products & Services:
    Beginner/Intermediate Curriculum DVDís: $399 (includes 1st year school membership)
    Sales Training Manual: $99
    2 Hour Seminar Fee: $500 (Plus Airfare, Hotel and Food)
    Private Training: $100 per hour (10 hour min, plus Airfare, Hotel and Food)
    Patches: $3
    T-Shirts: $15

Prices DO NOT include shipping and are subject to change at anytime!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IBJJA Info Pack.pdf  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:27pm

Style: Xingyi, Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Shi Dist
    Absolute Martial Arts claims to teach Submission Grappling
    I'm like, ten blocks from Absolute Martial Arts. I've been wanting to check them out for a while. Wish I had enough ground game to know if they're for real. I'm curious enough to see if their stand up is worth anything, they claim to teach something like six styles. I don't know whether they're an MMA gym, a McDojo or both.

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:30pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truly sad. I'm interested in Joe Moreira's take on this. It is basically a how-to manual on taking advantage of the 'grappling craze' with no 'real' BJJ training.

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:45pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, this really sucks. I do not like this at all. We need to expose this asshole for selling snake oil.

And as a side note, I want to clarify something:

www.ibjja.com is not affiliated with this bullshit. It is a website for an Indianapolis club affiliated with Mario Roberto, and they are good guys. As has been said earlier, it is ibjja.org. Just in case the question arises . . .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:46pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You will wear a dark navy blue belt..."

...which can easily be mistaken for a black belt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:47pm

Style: TaiChiPrayingMantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Before too long they're going to be offering instruction in chi cultivation too.

I'm curious if you hardcores that really love your art will be able to turn what appears to be a mounting tide of BS. Its certainly failed for kung fu, but maybe grapplers will fare better with the emphasis the true grappling schools place on direct confrontation.

Best of luck.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good point DuckofDeath... I added that to my letter to Mr. Moreira.

Here is a draft of it... If you have any suggestions let me know, this gets postmarked today
    see below for latest version
    Last edited by BSDaemon; 11/17/2005 6:13pm at .

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 5:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    personally I think you should consider expanding our purpose. "Frauds" is very strong and many people take it to mean specific criminal offences which we are not alleging here.

Also, your first bullet point may be inaccurate. he is not proposing to teach EXCLUSIVELY through video. Many legit BJJ guys have released videos. So a slight rewording is needed.

Another thing you might want to add, which I think is the main issue here, is that Jerry Laurita is going to allow a whitebelt with one weeks video training teach "BJJ". That is what's so bad.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 5:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I would perhaps change "Teaching exclusively through video" with "Teaching and Testing *primarily through video"

*Maybe leave the primarily out.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast