International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association
Welcome To The IBJJA
Thank you for your interest in the International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association (IBJJA).
The IBJJA is an independent Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association founded in 2005 by Jerry Laurita, who is President of the association and a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Master Joe Moreira.
The IBJJA is dedicated to providing Martial Arts School Owners the opportunity to learn, teach and get certified in the Art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
The IBJJA will achieve this goal through Seminars, Private Training and Videos.
Most Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu associations provide only financial gain and ego gratification to their founders and are full of politics. The IBJJA is strongly committed to the technical and professional enhancement of itís members and is dedicated not only to service excellence but to making your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program a success!
How The IBJJA Will Benefit Your School?
- To promote and spread the Art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu around the world.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor Training for School Affiliates.
- To provide IBJJA School Affiliates with a turnkey Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu curriculum.
- To provide IBJJA members with an achievable set of requirements for earning rank.
- To help IBJJA School Affiliates the opportunity to grow professionally and personally within an organization dedicated to their personal and business success.
- To provide IBJJA members access to exciting events, programs, products and services at reasonable fees.
Why Choose The IBJJA?
- Attract and retain adult male students between the ages of 18-50 years old.
- Earn more money with a stand-alone or add-on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program.
- Inspire and motivate your students by showing them to never stop learning.
- Excite and energize advanced and beginner students with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program.
- Increase students confidence in their abilities to defend themselves on the ground.
- Belong to a strong, progressive, friendly and International organization.
- Meet and network with other like minded IBJJA School Owners.
"The Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with One Step!"
How do I test for rank?
- Our goal is to see your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program succeed and make money.
- We do not impose heavy financial burdens on school affiliates or members.
- Prompt service for certificates or any merchandise.
- All of our certificates and merchandise is of the highest quality.
- No politics, No Favoritism, No Power Games, No Cult like environment...Just Hard Training!
In person at your school by Jerry Laurita or if not possible in person by video tape, but the preferred way is in person. Before you test you must fulfill all the requirements for each rank and must be in compliance with all IBJJA policies. As a School Owner you will test for different levels of Instructorship. There are 9 levels of Instructorship before earning your Black Belt. Certification is for IBJJA members only!
I already hold rank in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu what happens?
Your rank will transfer over after an evaluation of your skills and be certified at an equivalent Instructor level.
Do I wear a Black Belt when I teach?
No, not until you earn a Black Belt in BJJ. You will wear a dark navy blue belt with a red bar which signifies you are the instructor.
I have always issued my own school certificates to my students. As a School Affiliate can I continue to use them?
No. All Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students MUST
receive IBJJA Certificates (Color Belts and Black Belts). The IBJJA will revoke the Charter of any school that does not issue IBJJA certificates to their Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students. You can continue using your own certificateís for your studentís that train in other styles of martial arts.
Do I have to pay the IBJJA a % of testing feeís?
No, you can charge whatever you like for testing and keep it, but you do have to purchase Official IBJJA Certificates from the IBJJA for only $5 each.
I am a school owner. As a school Affiliate of the IBJJA, do all my students have to become individual members of the IBJJA?
Only your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu students must become members of the IBJJA. No Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu ranking will be awarded to non-IBJJA members.
How do I continue learning and progressing in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?
The IBJJA offers Private Training for School Owners and Group Seminars, just call for more information. Also we recommend finding a good training partner you can practice with everyday.
Can I test for more than one Instructor Level at a time?
Yes, it depends on your skill level and time training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
IBJJA School Member Fees
NOTE: The following fees and prices are confidential
and apply to IBJJA School Memberís only. IBJJA Instructors can charge higher fees and higher retail prices to their students. All certificates can be issued only to IBJJA members. Payment must be in US currency. We reserve the right to hold shipment until checks clear.
School Membership: $200 per year
(Includes School Certificate) (Additional Branch School Certificate, Only! $25)
Student Membership: $40 per year (Includes Patch & Id card)
Send HQ: $30
Black Belt Testing Fee: $200
Level 1 - 9 Instructor Certification: $50 each
Products & Services:
Beginner/Intermediate Curriculum DVDís: $399 (includes 1st year school membership)
Sales Training Manual: $99
2 Hour Seminar Fee: $500 (Plus Airfare, Hotel and Food)
Private Training: $100 per hour (10 hour min, plus Airfare, Hotel and Food)
Prices DO NOT
include shipping and are subject to change at anytime!