Posted On:
    11/16/2005 2:31am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no hypnotism is all about making it OK to act the fool

think about it

You watch 25 of those hynotism orgasm things. . . do you see one finger slip inside a cavity? One obvious boner? One shirt ripped off?

No.

Because restraint is still operating for those people. The hypnotist has only given them a BIT of leeway to act like a jackass.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 2:44am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    no hypnotism is all about making it OK to act the fool

think about it

You watch 25 of those hynotism orgasm things. . . do you see one finger slip inside a cavity? One obvious boner? One shirt ripped off?

No.

Because restraint is still operating for those people. The hypnotist has only given them a BIT of leeway to act like a jackass.
    Not entirely true. Hypnotic suggestion, while still not well-understood, is a pretty well-documented phenomenon. Not all of it has to be compliant. The hypnotist easily could have told the women not to sit fairly still in their chairs. Some people are highly hypnotizable, others are not. Hypnosis works at the cortical level, which makes for some freaky occurences.

One such example is a video I've seen for my Forensic Psychology class that showed a high-hypnotizable woman being operated upon with no anasthesia while she was hypnotized. She was instructed that instead of registering pain, she was raise and lower the the pitch of some sounds she was told to make. The more intense the pain, the higher the pitch of her voice. When she was taken out of it after the surgery, she had no memory of any painful experiences.

I'm not saying these women aren't faking, just that it is possible that some are actually experiencing orgasm.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Stallowned!

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 5:23am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We need a panty check to verify orgasm.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 5:45am

Style: Brasilian Ju-jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can get orgasms in your sleep with no physical stimulation. Everyone knows that. Hypnotism isn't far away from that.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 7:14am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    Not entirely true. Hypnotic suggestion, while still not well-understood, is a pretty well-documented phenomenon. Not all of it has to be compliant. The hypnotist easily could have told the women not to sit fairly still in their chairs. Some people are highly hypnotizable, others are not. Hypnosis works at the cortical level, which makes for some freaky occurences.

One such example is a video I've seen for my Forensic Psychology class that showed a high-hypnotizable woman being operated upon with no anasthesia while she was hypnotized. She was instructed that instead of registering pain, she was raise and lower the the pitch of some sounds she was told to make. The more intense the pain, the higher the pitch of her voice. When she was taken out of it after the surgery, she had no memory of any painful experiences.

I'm not saying these women aren't faking, just that it is possible that some are actually experiencing orgasm.

But seriously, stage hypnotism has so little in common with clinical hypnotism that it's an insult to associate them.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
  6. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 11:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will use it Friday. :)

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 11:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She's faking it.

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 11:30am

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's still hot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 1:16pm

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    One such example is a video I've seen for my Forensic Psychology class that showed a high-hypnotizable woman being operated upon with no anasthesia while she was hypnotized.
    Are you sure she wasn't under a local. For my Psych class we recently finished discussing a study done concerning the use of hypnosis instead of a general anaesthetic, but they still used a local. It was also stated (even by the hypnotists) that said technique could only be used for minor surgeries. They said that complex operations such as organ transplants and open heart surgery wouldn't be able to be perfromed without the general.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious.

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 2:28pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalCrowley
    Are you sure she wasn't under a local. For my Psych class we recently finished discussing a study done concerning the use of hypnosis instead of a general anaesthetic, but they still used a local. It was also stated (even by the hypnotists) that said technique could only be used for minor surgeries. They said that complex operations such as organ transplants and open heart surgery wouldn't be able to be perfromed without the general.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious.
    My recollection was that there was no anasthetic used, but I saw the video quite a while ago. It is highly possible I am forgetting the inclusion of local anasthesia. I believe the operation was a c-section, by the way.

In reality, the only impressive part about studies of hypnosis during surgery is that the subjects healed slightly faster. There was a momentary uproar about this until someone pointed out that anasthesia slows down healing time.

The best one can hope for with hypnosis-based blocking of pain is that it can be used to minimize the amount of anasthesia needed.

The point of the story was just to show that hypnosis acts on a much higher level of processing than some people realize.

Mr. Cache -- I agree with you wholeheartedly here. Stage hypnosis is more like an excercise in showing the placebo effect than any real hypnotic suggestion going on. Kind of like speaking "in tongues" during religious ceremonies or out-of-body experiences (assuming a lack of psychoactive drugs).
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast