Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My problem with telling people that you do any type of MA is that they think that you're either a tough guy, a wanna be tough guy, a karate kid reject or a retard that likes getting beat on. So that pretty much limits who I tell that I do MA.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I just say wrestling to most people, 'Brazilian Jujitsu' sounds real funny to people who don't know what it is and I've had tons of so called 'martial arts' give me weird looks and act like I was full of **** when I said that's what I trained (and this is in 2005).

I remember one time at a frat party I was a little drunk and this I had this kinda nerdy, but crazy hot, girl about ready to blow me when I let slip with the 'jujitsu' and she went called over her frail little friend and started telling me how his dad owns a jujitsu place (naturally some dummass ryu that doesn't train rolling and shizza) back in I dunno, Loomis or Chico or some other fuckwit place and how he's a blackbelt and real good and all that. Naturally, I felt dirty and didn't get sexed that night. :new_evil:

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 5:56pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The odd thing is that Radford always talks about how mma isn't a real fight, you should just throw sand in eyes, it's not what they do, etc. Yet Leo makes up a story about an mma tournament. Why? It would be like an mma guy here making up a story about entering and winning a forms or point sparring competition.

Office Drone

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    The odd thing is that Radford always talks about how mma isn't a real fight, you should just throw sand in eyes, it's not what they do, etc. Yet Leo makes up a story about an mma tournament. Why? It would be like an mma guy here making up a story about entering and winning a forms or point sparring competition.
    Well, not exactly.

Most of the forms and compliance proponents I've come across IN REAL LIFE (who are aware of MMA) espouse that A.) MMA fighters are badass, but 'teh street' (LOLOLOLOLO, am I right guys?) is different and that not everyone needs to be a prof fighter to defend themselves and B.) They don't want to take the pain and training to do MMA. On the internet it's slightly different because people talk ALOT more **** on the internet and I don't just mean toughtalk, I also mean complete bullshit a la Radford Davis, that these people would have a hard time saying to your face, especially when you're the big bad scary man who actually hits people for real in practice.

I'm serious, so so many people honestly think that while MMA fighters are tough and all that that it's so goddam risky to train boxing/kickboxing/subgrappling that normal people should just stick to forms.

People I've met in real life anyway.

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:13pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    All this crap makes me never EVER admit I do "martial arts". If anybody asks, I do boxing and wrestling.
    When people ask me if I work out I say I go to gym. Only when they insist to know WHAT kind of gym I say judo gym. When they ask me why do I like doing judo, I say that it is good against hemmeroids. I usually get a laugh. (AND I keep my hemmeroids in good shape)...

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    That;s all fine and dandy, but I get tired of choking out people and kicking them in the face, just to make a point.

Sure its great fun at parties, but sometimes you just wanna have a drink and eat *****, know what I mean?
    Hmmm ... no, can't say I ever thought of it that way ... okay, I'm a boxer ... bring on the booze and beaver :new_silly

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:21pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Following saying originates deep in the text-only and unix-only internet of the early 1990-s: "On internet nobody knows that you are a dog".

It allpies perfectly. Whether to Chrono, or this ninja guy.

Notice that A.) is not really wrong, and people who fight in the ring will be the first to agree with it.

It only becomes wrong with the lack of accountability which internet provides.

Tomas

Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    Well, not exactly.

Most of the forms and compliance proponents I've come across IN REAL LIFE (who are aware of MMA) espouse that A.) MMA fighters are badass, but 'teh street' (LOLOLOLOLO, am I right guys?) is different and that not everyone needs to be a prof fighter to defend themselves and B.) They don't want to take the pain and training to do MMA. On the internet it's slightly different because people talk ALOT more **** on the internet and I don't just mean toughtalk, I also mean complete bullshit a la Radford Davis, that these people would have a hard time saying to your face, especially when you're the big bad scary man who actually hits people for real in practice.

I'm serious, so so many people honestly think that while MMA fighters are tough and all that that it's so goddam risky to train boxing/kickboxing/subgrappling that normal people should just stick to forms.

People I've met in real life anyway.
    Current stage of death: denial

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayDeePee
    How do you not get bored of splattering asses when called to question?
    Kinda like chocolate ice cream ... I like chocolate ice cream ... always have. Same kinda deal ... you know ... I like it.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    My problem with telling people that you do any type of MA is that they think that you're either a tough guy, a wanna be tough guy, a karate kid reject or a retard that likes getting beat on. So that pretty much limits who I tell that I do MA.
    Dude, you are all fucked up. What you need to do is find a better group of peeps to hang with.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 6:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    I remember one time at a frat party I was a little drunk and this I had this kinda nerdy, but crazy hot, girl about ready to blow me when I let slip with the 'jujitsu' and she went called over her frail little friend and started telling me how his dad owns a jujitsu ...
    Just goes to prove that BJJ is for QUEERS ... thanks for sharing ... fratfuktard. :gay:
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast