Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 11:50pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    I have an old school (first run) snake eyes. Kinda beat up but still poseable.
    If someone has an old school storm shadow (cobra insignia ONLY!)
    I would be willing to part with it and have some REAL ninja action pics on this site.
    Dude, I have countless G.I Joe figures. I've had them since I was a kid and I've been saving them to pass on to my kid(s) if I have any. My brother passed on his Star Wars (1970's) figures to me and they're worth a ****-ton now. Well, not a **** ton, but a good penny. I've got them stored away but I can easily dig them up for a thread like that.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 11:53pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Berador looks like a homeless heroine junky stole some tabi. Just looking at him makes me wonder if he has is studying ninjutsu just so he can play "monkey steals the peach". Freak....... :5squeeze:

Noob: Reloaded

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 12:00am

supporting member
     Style: MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good work guys!
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 12:55am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man for real in the other pics of Leo he didn't have the same build, texture of hair, look as old, or have tattoos - is that pic of the kneeling guy him?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:31am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Yes, but nowadays it's practised across Scandinavia, isn't it?
    What I heard there is only one teacher of Glima in Sweden (Lars Magnar Enoksen).

I don't think its very big in Norway or Denmark either. Not sure though.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:30am

Style: BJJ,MT,Wrestling,Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if this were all true..that Leo was appointed Soke over this ryu, it doesn't mean much. From what i've been told by several reputable sources, it was not uncommon for sokeship to be handed down to those who were not exactly mindblowing in the art, and the teaching work was left to those who held Menkyo Kaiden in the art. So basically, being Soke doesn't automatically mean you are the baddest of ass in your art and it was primarily an administrative position.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:40am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or diplomatic/leadership issues for example if the GI joes were a ninja clan duke would be the soke even though Snake Eyes would jack him like a tire changing robot because Snake Eyes has such horrible interpersonal skills.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never heard of a Glima teacher in Norway. But people have often heard about it as "the icelandic Judo thing" Iceland would be your best bet no matter what. Danes do a lot of quirky stuff though, so I wouldn't rule it out.

Would be impossible to learn it though, since no one in the world has yet to understand the danish language. Not even the Danes themselves. This has caused quite a few problems over the years. But somehow they've gotten through it.
    Last edited by fanatical; 11/17/2005 4:47am at .
    More human than human is our motto.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 8:25am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkengata
    Even if this were all true..that Leo was appointed Soke over this ryu, it doesn't mean much. From what i've been told by several reputable sources, it was not uncommon for sokeship to be handed down to those who were not exactly mindblowing in the art, and the teaching work was left to those who held Menkyo Kaiden in the art. So basically, being Soke doesn't automatically mean you are the baddest of ass in your art and it was primarily an administrative position.
    That is very true. The title of SOKE was not always given to the person who was the best at the art but to the one most likely to keep the line going. Even Hatsumi admits he was not the best of those who trained with Takamatsu.

I am not surprised Ashida is still defending Leo. :jerkit2yf But thankfully other are starting to see the light.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 8:54am

Style: wrestling, Bjj, fi ting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Man is that the same dude? I don't remember the ink.

I think those may be temp tatoos.

Oh and Tmax gets better:

http://www.armbell.com/forum/viewtop...5&mforum=kobra
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast