--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear it was Pillman.
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just googled myself...I was indeed incorrect...sorry.

X

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:48pm

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Wow.
    I stopped watching wrestling when it became more about crap than the wrestling, nomatter what, when the bad guys became the heros and women became no more than sluts, well, it crossed that line.
    Steroids and drug abuse had always been there, but to extent it is now...

Sad, very sad.

I don't really watch wrestling, but keeping in touch with both your post and the original topic, you should take a look at the death counts in Japanese WOMEN's pro wrestling... I think they're up there with WWE & co... most of them are in the ring, too, and not drugged out backroom stuff.

That's hardcore... In the bad sense.

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:01pm

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A couple of Indie guys have died in the ring this year. The last big name to die in the ring was Owen Hart.

I've read about some of the death's in Japan. I don't watch much Japanese wrestling, so I don't know how it is there, but here, a lot of the female wrestlers really have no business in the ring, because instead of getting actually trained female wrestlers, the promoters will pick up models and strippers, teach them a handful of moves and let them loose with the sharks.

There are some serious quality female wwrestlers, but you won't see them on TV much here, with the exception of Victoria in WWE and Gail Kim in TNA. Trish is also a good worker, but that's after years of doing it, she was originally a fitness model they put in the ring who learned the craft after that. Lita alternates between good and frighteningly bad.

Still, they are nothing like Moolah, Nora "Molly Holly" Greenwald, Madusa, the Jumping Bomb Angels, Lelaini Kai and many others.
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234