Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 10:00am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that sucks. one of my favourite recent periods in wrestling was when Guerrero, Malenko, Benoit and Saturn made the jump.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 4:55pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to get eaten alive for saying this, but my favourite all-time pro wrestler is still The Rock. I don't know why.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 5:17pm

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can smell what the rock is cooking. He was probably the wrestler with the most 'gimmicks', like the peoples eyebrow/elbow/jockstrap, etc.

Actually, he was good, but I thought he was out of the game, so I forgot him :P
  4. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 5:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don "The Rock" Moroco?

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 2:38am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I always liked Eddie Guerrero. I wonder what killed him? He was only 38 years old!

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 2:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The initial guess was a heart attack or something similar. I wouldn't rule out an aneurysm, either.

He was clean the last few years of his life, but he definitely had drug/acohol problems for a good bit of his career. That **** takes a toll. Oh, and he wrestled, which appears to be harder on the body than actually fighting professionally.

I grew up watching this guy. My disinterest in Pro Wrestling these days notwithstanding (no offense to Peter H. or other wrestlers/wrestling afficionados, just kind of outgrew it), watching that stuff is what got me interested in martial arts in the first place. I heard of the UFC because of Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, and Steve Blackman (sp?) being in the WWF at the time.

RIP Eddie. You entertained me for years, and for that I'm grateful.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
  7. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 8:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, I was out of it by the time he made it big. I do understand how his fans feel though because he joins some of my favorites who died an early death: André, Rick Rude, Curt Hennig, Road Warrior Hawk, etc., etc., etc.

I also think it's sad that they usually die in hotel rooms. They seem to spend the majority of their lives on the road.

Professional Wrestler

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 9:25am

Style: Aikido-Kickboxing-Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    The initial guess was a heart attack or something similar. I wouldn't rule out an aneurysm, either.

He was clean the last few years of his life, but he definitely had drug/acohol problems for a good bit of his career. That **** takes a toll. Oh, and he wrestled, which appears to be harder on the body than actually fighting professionally.

I grew up watching this guy. My disinterest in Pro Wrestling these days notwithstanding (no offense to Peter H. or other wrestlers/wrestling afficionados, just kind of outgrew it), watching that stuff is what got me interested in martial arts in the first place. I heard of the UFC because of Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, and Steve Blackman (sp?) being in the WWF at the time.

RIP Eddie. You entertained me for years, and for that I'm grateful.
    No offense taken.

The initial report was a heart attack while brushing his death and the preliminary tests where inconclusive, so now we wait for the autopsy.

But at 38 and in great physical shape, and with a history of drug use and suspected steriod use, the odds are it'll be something like that. The same thing that happened to Rude, Bulldog and Pillman.

Eddie was a great wrestler, every wrestler in Texas under 250lbs tried to emulate Eddie in some way, moves, mannerism, the smarmy smirk, the attitude. Both Diamond Back Kid and Jason Chavez doa Frog Splash because Eddie did a Frog Splash. That's the best tribute a wrestler can have, that there are other guys out there who think so highly of you that they want to steal your moves and be just like you.
    Last edited by Peter H.; 11/15/2005 9:29am at .
    "Quiet fool before I am kicking the butt!"
    -My three year old trash talking to me

"Integrity can't be bought or sold---you either have it or you don't."
    -The Honky Tonk Man

"If you can't be a shining example, at least be a dire warning."
    -My Father to me one day

"No surprise. Until Aikido sheds its street-brawling, thuggish image, it'll never be mainstream."
    -Don Gwinn

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 9:55am

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In this year alone we've lost Chris Candido, Shinya Hashimoto, and now Eddie Guerrero. This really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.
  10. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the tackiest thing I've found today...
    http://guerrerosbestmatch.ytmnd.com/
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast