224946 Bullies, 3999 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/12/2003 2:26pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the fight and had a few thoughts:

1. Cro Cop IS a world class striker, and a certified bada$$.

2. Sapp muscled him around like a rag doll in the clench. Had this been MMA, the match would have been much different. The only way I see Mirko pulling out a victory there is with a Noguiera-like guard, and/or an insanely tough chin.

3. Having seen the punch, it didn't look like the thumb went in the eye. I'm a huge Sapp fan (because he's a character and I love the spectacle aspect of his persona, plus the potential to bring in new fans), but I'm starting to wonder about his toughness. It looked like he got an eye full of glove, and couldn't shake off the pain.

4. MMA > K1. I like the sport of K1, but I can't watch it without saying to myself every 5 seconds "he wouldn't have gotten away with that in MMA without ending up mounted/tapping/eating a knee/etc", and this ruins the sport for me a bit.

Posted On:
    4/12/2003 5:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know the extent of Sapp's injuries? I've heard things from broken bones to a bruise...

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    4/12/2003 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't worry, Phrost, I had to fight the same thing last Sunday. One of the local bars had a 'Triple Threat' Fight Night (3 boxing matches, 3 kickboxing matches and 3 MMA matches). The 3 MMA matches were won by good friends of mine, they did really well (2 rear naked chokes and 1 triangle choke). Some people still don't realize that giving your opponent your back is really, really bad in MMA. Oh well, they learned why that night :)

However, watching the boxing/kickboxing was weird, I kept waiting for someone to shoot for a takedown or go for a throw or something besides standing there and beating on each other. Working out with MMA fighters has definitely ruined me for any other type of fighting. I don't mind doing boxing or kick-boxing as part of training, but paying to watch that stuff seems like a waste of cash to me now. . .

"Go cry about it Vargas. Aren't you late for your shift at McDonald's?"
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    4/13/2003 2:36pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kick boxing is boring, but Muay Thai KB fights are cool and far better than just kick boxing

other then that i would watch boxing to see how pros react to punches

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
    "Just one more........rep!!! ARGH!!!" *Collapses*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    4/13/2003 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some have said he is playing up the eye injury to be more severe than what it was.

--------
    Don't view the glass as half empty, view it as half full of ****.
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Posted On:
    4/13/2003 8:31pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that was an eye injury?
    i don't "see" how....

he did take a left toe hard on the ribs....
    he totally cringed and froze up....
    then a not hard punch to the face and he toppled

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
    "Just one more........rep!!! ARGH!!!" *Collapses*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    4/15/2003 1:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phorst post this in general discussion, more poeple wll see it.

Main reason Crcop one is because he specializes in Boxing, any decent LHW/CW/HW boxer would down Sapp easily. ANother reason is that Crocop has had quite a bit of grappling/wrestlign training, so could probabl yget away more easily. Crocop is a world class striker definitely.

I think he would do fine in an MMA match - he beat sakuraba, I think he'll be able to get it standing enough and still beat Sapp. Though Sapp will obviously have his chances boosted.

Sapp did have his eye orbital Broken

==
    PFCBas:He always,when he sits down and watches TV,puts his hand,actually both hands,in his pantsProf:It's a very comfortable position actuallyBas:I never tried itProf:ahem,no comment
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/16/2003 9:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was Chatting with my Japanese friend (That lives in Japan :) ) While she was watching this. So I thought that that was pretty cool. Anyways...

I Herd that both Sakuraba and Sapp and the similar injury. Crocop punched them around the Eye socket and a fragment of bone rubbed against their eye's. Ouch!

When I visit my Japanese friend I might gete to see a pride event :)