Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Project Valour-It - To support the injured vets

Project Valour-It is dedicated to providing voice-controlled software and laptop computers to wounded Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines recovering from hand and arm injuries or amputations at major military medical centers. Operating laptops by speaking into a microphone, our wounded heroes are able to send and receive messages from friends and loved ones, surf the 'Net, do on-line banking and communicate with buddies still in the field without having to press a key or move a mouse. This can be instrumental in their recovery and help eliviate frustrations an injured soldier may endure.

http://soldiersangels.org/valour/index.html
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 9:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I'm going to send a little $ and put my wallet where my mouth is. Any of you patriots with me?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 12:08pm

Style: HungGar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a great program. It's a spinoff of an A.L.S. support program my late dad was involved in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 11:18am

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is it?!?! WTF??? A thread pops up about banning hand guns or how the US military attacked civilians, and dozens upon dozens of replies follow, but when the subject is wounded combat veterans who have had life altering injuries, I see two other people posted on the subject. Pat, Tony, you can expect me to put my wallet where my mouth is ASAP. The rest of you disgust me.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:07pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bushi - eat a dick.

You can't get past your own bullshit to see the real issue - namely why in the **** is this kind of charity needed? Why isn't the military taking care of its injured soldiers better? This and the "buy our troops body armor" and "buy them prosthetic legs" and what the hell else? The US is supposedly #1, biggest, baddest, best, but we have to hold a fucking bake sale to buy our army ammo? It's grotesque.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 3:43pm

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, PirateNinja is now off the "disguted" list. Valid opinion, except the attack on me. I probably asked for it with my post, but I still don't like it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2005 4:29pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateNinja5000
    Bushi - eat a dick.

You can't get past your own bullshit to see the real issue - namely why in the **** is this kind of charity needed? Why isn't the military taking care of its injured soldiers better? This and the "buy our troops body armor" and "buy them prosthetic legs" and what the hell else? The US is supposedly #1, biggest, baddest, best, but we have to hold a fucking bake sale to buy our army ammo? It's grotesque.
    I just got around to reading this thread, and this was pretty much my thoughts when I read it.

Sure, it's a noble cause, but it should be unnecessary.