224908 Bullies, 3453 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullies represent in NAGA

Bullshido Bullies had a good showing at NAGA yesterday.

Annatrocity comes out on top with 2 1st place finishes in both NoGi and Gi womens division.

I (Asia) got 2 2nd place finishes in NoGi and Gi Superheavy division.

Osiris made a valiant effort and has gained some more experience, coming in 3rd. And I don't know how the two other guys from the MegaThrowdown did.

It still goes to show that the Bullies will go out and step on the mat and not just flame on the boards.

A couple of TKD guys competed (even in TKD dobaks) I give them an E for effort and props for stepping out but they all got slaughtered. A thin gi is begging for someone to garrote you.

Shots from the event can be seen in the Gallery.
    Attached Images  

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grats to all; sorry I missed the event and after-party fun.

UFC Fighter

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 11:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, No-Gi Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations guys

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 12:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats and good job all . I cant wait to see the pics .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was at least one karate school that competed too. The array of belts present was stunning... everything from bumblebee belts to 9 year old black belts covered in multicolored stripes to camo belts. And I had the crazy idea that only BJJ people competed in NAGA. There was some judo guy that competed in one of the advanced devisions (he'd been doing Judo for like 20 years) but he was unfamiliar with bjj rules and ended up losing twice to the same guy.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 1:03pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Locu - Both of Bull's students that competed won their divisions. Alec won 1st in Teens white belt gi & beginner no gi - I don't think he posts here, but he was the last throwdown at Bull's.

And Chace won, too (men's blue).

Me, I wussed out & didn't compete this go-round.

But the TKD gi's were funny. I expected the TKD guys to have a bit more judo than I saw. I didn't expect much on the ground, but a lot of TKD instructors came out the Yudo College. Funny thing was I never saw anyone go for a collar choke against one of the TKD/karate gi's.

Chemist

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 1:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    congrats guys! I really wish I could have been there, but am still stuck at work :( My partners from Pensacola won some and lost some. All but one was their first tournament so I think they did all right considering. Asia, how was the sandbagging in Superheavy this time around? Are you ready to drop down to 210? I know I definitely am next time.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in no-gi Asia lost this huge friggin guy whose had muscles like basketballs. Asia had him in a pretty solid heel hook, but the guy refused to tap. The ref also gave the other guy takedown points for Asia pulling guard. LAAAAAME.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 2:11pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seemed to be a fair ammount of sandbagging at that tournament. Some of the guys in the novice (6 months and under) division were rolling like blue belts with years of highschool wrestling experiance.

I really dislike the point rules aswell, it seemed to encouragea takedown to guard and then turtle for the rest of the match approach.

But all in all it was cool and I'm looking forward to the next one. (Though I wish they would have handed out gold medals instead of the cheesy katana's they did for first place)

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 2:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Seemed to be a fair ammount of sandbagging at that tournament. Some of the guys in the novice (6 months and under) division were rolling like blue belts with years of highschool wrestling experiance.

I really dislike the point rules aswell, it seemed to encouragea takedown to guard and then turtle for the rest of the match approach.

But all in all it was cool and I'm looking forward to the next one. (Though I wish they would have handed out gold medals instead of the cheesy katana's they did for first place)
    I will buy the Katana from you if you dont want it ... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 1 of 12 1 234511 ... LastLast