Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 11:57am

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool do what you can you will come out ok .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:03pm

Style: Goju-Ryu Karate-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After-School All-Stars Columbus
    For Immediate release. Please announce the following After-School All-Stars Event:
    The After-School All-Stars Martial Arts Tournament will be held Saturday, November 12, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The J. Ashburn Recreation Center.123 North Central Avenue. We are forming a national martial arts organization to be headquarter in Central Ohio.
    The event on November 12th will target Karate and Taekwondo, we are looking for martial arts leaders to head up the disciplines. For more information, please call Greg Fears at (614) 326.2872 or myself at Columbus After-School All-Stars at (614) 257-1678.
    Thank you for your help in spreading the word to those in need and those who can help!
    Sincerely,
    Daryl K. Lee, Executive Director

This is what my sensei sent me along with the flyer, but it doesn't show rules/weight divisions etc
    how can i post the flyer?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:06pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by top dachi
    refusing to participate is NOT an option - if she says so, then it goes so - -
    she already gave me my registration money cuz she knows i'm broke right now - -
    sorry, what is NHB?
    i did fine when we sparred last week & good on the heavy bag last night
    i guess it is just the mental preparation & the fact that i don't do tournaments much - - altho it is my dream :ninja2:

NHB = no holds barred. Not that anything actually is truly NHB anymore, but it's not the kind of thing you'd want to walk into unprepared.

Not participating is always an option.. it might piss everyone off, but if you were seriously concerned about your health & well being (which it doesn't sound like it will be an issue here) then it's an option.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:07pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by top dachi
    - - blood, immediate disqualification
    Who gets disqualified, the person bleeding or the person who drew blood?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:12pm

Style: BJJ blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, how old are you? If your an adult, you might be interested in attending a throwdown that I we are trying to get organized in Cleveland, probably in early december. It should be a fun time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by warnerj5000
    Who gets disqualified, the person bleeding or the person who drew blood?
    HAHAHAHA - i would guess the one who drew the blood, but maybe both should be - where oh, where is your block???

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:16pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like regular point sparring; it's not knockdown rules and it's not WTF so by a simple process of elimination if she's going for "national qualifiers" of something it probably has to conform with one of the main types of point-fighting.

If it really is point sparring, I don't see how she has anything to worry about, injury-wise. Talking about NHB and serious risk of life and limb is pointless and it's not helping her much either.

I had to take a fight on a morning's notice once at national selection trials in WTF. I went for the weigh-in and they told me I didn't have a fight, so I went right along with the rest of my team and over-ate at KFC because I'd been starving myself to make weight all week. The next morning they suddenly tell me they can give me a demo fight (not medalled), but against a guy who was about 20 kilos heavier than me. Being the game fellow that I was I padded up, warmed up in like 10 minutes and went right out and fought the guy to a 6-9 loss, all the while feeling slow and bloated. The moral of the story here would be to abstain from KFC.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AikidoDeadlines - i am .... an adult ;) you never posed to ask a woman her age heehee
    i'll keep that in mind - any other ladies there??

Osiris - tried to post 1st response & got kicked off - i am sure we'll be seperated each point, they wouldn't let you just continuously beat the crap outta somebody - i dont think anyway.
    Thanks everybody for easing my mind - i've been really stressed lately & this just added to it but i will just take out all frustrations on my opponent - -

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:07pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Non-continuous point sparring is what it sounds like. You'll be fine. Calm down and get it done. Obviously your instructor has faith in you have some faith in yourself.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you'll be fine , I promise , just do what you were trained to do .

:adios:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast