Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 7:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

11/11/2005

On the 11th hour of this, the 11th day of the 11th month, please pause fro 2 minutes and remember all those that have sacrificed, and died, so that we have the right to act like assholes.

Churchill was right about one thing:

" Never have so many, owed so much, to so few"

Today is rememberance Day in Canada.

Though not a holiday like veterans day in the states, it still is a time to remember those that fought and died to procted the freedoms, rights and lives of people all over the world.

To our beloved veterans,
    We Thank you.

* moment of silence *

Remember and never forget.

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 9:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TTT.
    TTT.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reminder Ronin.

Our thanks and thoughts go out to all of those here who have served or are still in the service. We appreciate you all having our backs!

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:19am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Ronin.

How many has given the full measure?

His service number was 4917460
    He was a Sapper in the Royal Engineers
    He was killed on Saturday 5th June in 1943, at the age of 23

He was on a mines clearing operation in Algeria.

It is thought a booby-trapped mine exploded causing collapsed lungs.

He was given a temporary grave before reburial in Medjez-el-Bab cemetery in Tunisia.
    He joined the Staffordshire Territorial’s before the II World War had started, and was called up immediately war broke out.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 11:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    Thank you Ronin.

How many has given the full measure?

Not enough, not even close.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:07pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is something I found floating around in Korean websites. I'm not sure if it's legit but it was quite moving nontheless. And especially touching to me because my grandparents were saved by US GIs. I'll translate best as I can.

Letter of old Soldier.

Short while ago my grandchild called me telling me his buying his first car. I told him if you are buying a car, buy a Korean car.

Good quality, price, and affordable so there isn't much reason not to buy one but not only that it's also because it's product of country that's feels like my 2nd motherland.

I remember.

In youth, I fought against freezing weather and enemy bullets in land of Korea. Seeing products like TV, Cars, made in Korea being sold at dept. stores and car dealers so commonly and closely makes me feel.

Half a century has passed but I still remember.

The freezing winter of 1950 and wives fleeing with their children held in rice bags, children scared seeing foreigner for the first time, delivering snacks and chocolets to them.

I never dreamed that Korea where a single tree wasn't left standing by bombing and chopped for firewood, would make cars, TVs, and telephones.

As I watched Korea grow, I always felt proud and felt like it was my own.

Because the victory we fought and won for together laid the seed for Republic of South Korea.

I always tell this story.
    To my son, daughter, grandchildrens..

It was fight for freedom, people, and to defend that value, it was proud fight.

We fought bravely against a Commnisim wannabe Dictatorship country North Korea, and the supporting countries, Russia and China.

Koreans, Americans, all of participating nations shed so much blood but because of our blood, my friend Republic of South Korea exists and I tell.

I'm over 80 now and it won't be long before I join my fellow brothers.

South Korean officer that I exchanged letters with for over ten years no longer writes.

He too probably followed other old soldiers and moved on.

Please remember.
    There was much blood shed to protect freedom and rights of people.
    Never forget the sacrifice and for the future, move on forward for the good.

-Taken from 2004 American state? something article.

"Old soldiers never die. They just fade away."
    -Douglas MacArthur, 1951
    Last edited by babo78; 11/11/2005 1:31pm at .

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 3:47pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My own words.

I'm an American who has grown up in luxury and privilege compared with most other citizens of this country. My only direct link to armed service is a grandfather who served as a 2nd Lt. on a naval ship during WWII. He never spoke much of his service, and after his death, I have only my family to refer to in regards to that.

He left behind some memorabilia - his naval cap, photographs, and more.

This is a great country that I live in, a country where millions want to move and make their home; a country seen as a haven for those fleeing persecution and dismal conditions in their own home. A country that has its stumbles and falters in maintaining its own ideals, but can still be regarded as "A city upon a hill", in the oft-quoted words of John Winthrop.

Part of what makes this country great are them men and women of the armed forces. Every branch has its responsibilities and its orders to safeguard the nation. And I am deeply thankful for their duty.

As author George Orwell sagely said,

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    I sleep peaceably at night, and I thank the US Military for helping me be able to do so. And I also thank the militaries who have allied with America in the most desperate of times to help bring peace to the world.

Thank you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 6:18pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately corrupt GWB has to use the day to further push his failing agenda.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 6:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had the good fortune to speak with a WW2 veteran today. I thanked him for his sacrifices and bravery and did my best to assure him that I would do everything in my power to ensure that future generations do not forget the heroics of good soldiers everywhere. Men and women who give themselves up so we can enjoy the freedoms we often take for granted...
    Since I am a History teacher, it will be easy for me to live up to my promise.
    On a related note, I really wish the damn malls would hold off on their Christmas displays and music until after Remembrance Day. It is disrespectful to the vets.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2005 2:35pm

Style: BJJ, Muy Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TTT.

being a veteran, we never get tired of hearing thanks from people. thank you.