Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 6:54pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why? oh Why? If you put a chubby little snot faced kid on the video..........make him tie his belt right.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:57am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find kids in general extremely annoying, but otherwise, you get credit for producing a decent promo.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 8:58am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Couldn't listen to the sound but the production looked good. I like how you show a mercedes slowly pulling into a parking space right before you go into the master's dialogue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:35pm

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by relytjj
    Couldn't listen to the sound but the production looked good. I like how you show a mercedes slowly pulling into a parking space right before you go into the master's dialogue.
    Only if it was his car, he drives a beat up Plymouth Acclaim.

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Horror...the horror....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:07pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's lots I can say, but I'll start with the basics(not trying to be harsh, just direct. I'm a pro in the business):

1. You need to tighten up your cuts. By this I mean you need to chop of the heads + tails of the footage that contains no action as the lack of energy kills the overall feel of the piece. This vid can probably be 2:30 and have a much better feel. The music could be higher energy - it's flatlined now.

2. You must re-record the voice-over of the instructors and get rid of the mistakes as they absolutely kill all credibility. CHeck the voiceovers for redundancy as well as most people are sayng the same thing more than twice. Also, dump the shots of the kids who don't know their grammar (I wanted to get a bit more concentrated?)

3. The type needs to be up longer and get rid of the blue to red to white transition for the type. Get a new typeface, too. San-Serif, something like Helvetica Neue Bold or Black. Throw a bit of a dark glow around it to offset it from the background.

4. Edit your own section. For instance, when you say it's a great place to learn how to teach tkd, show that instead of stickfighting or whatever.

This is not a bad first round rough cut but it's not fit for public consumption. The thing that will help the most is cutting out the dead spots so concentrate on that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 11:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tourettes
    There's lots I can say, but I'll start with the basics(not trying to be harsh, just direct. I'm a pro in the business):

1. You need to tighten up your cuts. By this I mean you need to chop of the heads + tails of the footage that contains no action as the lack of energy kills the overall feel of the piece. This vid can probably be 2:30 and have a much better feel. The music could be higher energy - it's flatlined now.

2. You must re-record the voice-over of the instructors and get rid of the mistakes as they absolutely kill all credibility. CHeck the voiceovers for redundancy as well as most people are sayng the same thing more than twice. Also, dump the shots of the kids who don't know their grammar (I wanted to get a bit more concentrated?)

3. The type needs to be up longer and get rid of the blue to red to white transition for the type. Get a new typeface, too. San-Serif, something like Helvetica Neue Bold or Black. Throw a bit of a dark glow around it to offset it from the background.

4. Edit your own section. For instance, when you say it's a great place to learn how to teach tkd, show that instead of stickfighting or whatever.

This is not a bad first round rough cut but it's not fit for public consumption. The thing that will help the most is cutting out the dead spots so concentrate on that.

Yup I feel the same way, I didn't edit the piece, my partner did, this was a project for My video production 3 course. My partner edited to my storyboards and didn't deviate, too bad she didn't realize some of the interview stuff that didn't work should just be left out. Also I was mad that she didn't believe me when I told her we needed to set up lighting, maybe just a sun gun. So I had to reduce the gamma a lot on it and it did degrade the image slightly. As for it being too long I agree but the assignment said it had to be 3min. I did do the color correction, slow motion stuff and the aftereffects work. Thanks for the criticism I am probably going to re-edit it down too. Oh yeah the text stuff I agree with too, also my partners doing exept for the names that was me.
    Last edited by FCTKD; 11/11/2005 11:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 1:24am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the part with the young kids talking about why they do TKD. The girls like I want to learn how to defend myself. Well girly prepare to be one day introduced to the real world where attackers dont point spar. The self defence was a joke. Way to have resistant training. And was it the light or was every freaking kid in the clip a goddmand black belt? Fuckin McDoJangs.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2005 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our youngest blackbelt is 12yrs old, still too young but he is rather good. I think the second youngest is 15yrs old. As for the other comments to each his own.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12