Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 8:32am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man are indian families REALLY that serious about the doctor thing?

I thought Harold and Kumar go to White Castle was a little more stylized then that.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 9:41am

Style: Boxing, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I've heard med school in india doesn't take as many years as it does in america. is that true?
    Yeah, you literally skip undergraduate and go straight to med school. You save about 2-3 years and lots of cash (1 dollar = 50 rupees, its cheap). Problem is, those years are so fucked up you'll never get them back.

And yeah man, Indian families will saw off your legs and arms and hang you if you don't make it to med school. I told my parents I wanted to join the marines a few years ago and they cussed, grounded me, you get the point.

Harold and Kumar shows the reality, to Indian parents, doctor comes first. Then love, if its there or not. I even asked my father myself, "Do you only care about my grades and nothing else?"
    And he says, "Yes. You get all A's and I'll buy you anything. You get a single B and no computer, no friends, no TV, no nothing."
    I was stuck studying for the SAT since the age of eleven and was banned from ever having a girlfriend because, "It will **** up your grades."
    Not to mention my parents are typical bigots. My adopted older brother got 'banished' from my family for marrying an Islamic woman and changing religion to do so. My dad ripped off all his pictures and stuff, and forbid me to talk to him. Found out he had a baby with his wife just last year. There's much more about my family you wouldn't want to know.

But yeah, another reason to get to this place and away from civilization. Complete freedom, no supervision, a chance to see things a different way. I've been all over the place and I got to say, if you think you have a dysfunctional family, it's nothing compared to what most of the world in these sort of countries go through. So whatever happens, **** it. Not the end of the world. This whole doctor thing is overrated, but I'm actually interested in it. It's not about the money, its about the prestige. It's about giving your patients another chance.
    And **** yeah, the money.

The way I see it, deal with the parents a few more years and you got your whole life ahead of you. And just stop worrying about everything altogether. Doesn't matter how many less oppurtunities you were given or how much **** you went through, there's no point worrying. There's this quote I live by, "Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive."
    Last edited by Vik; 11/11/2005 9:49am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:17am

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    Yeah, you literally skip undergraduate and go straight to med school. You save about 2-3 years and lots of cash (1 dollar = 50 rupees, its cheap). Problem is, those years are so fucked up you'll never get them back.

And yeah man, Indian families will saw off your legs and arms and hang you if you don't make it to med school. I told my parents I wanted to join the marines a few years ago and they cussed, grounded me, you get the point.

Harold and Kumar shows the reality, to Indian parents, doctor comes first. Then love, if its there or not. I even asked my father myself, "Do you only care about my grades and nothing else?"
    And he says, "Yes. You get all A's and I'll buy you anything. You get a single B and no computer, no friends, no TV, no nothing."
    I was stuck studying for the SAT since the age of eleven and was banned from ever having a girlfriend because, "It will **** up your grades."
    Not to mention my parents are typical bigots. My adopted older brother got 'banished' from my family for marrying an Islamic woman and changing religion to do so. My dad ripped off all his pictures and stuff, and forbid me to talk to him. Found out he had a baby with his wife just last year. There's much more about my family you wouldn't want to know.

But yeah, another reason to get to this place and away from civilization. Complete freedom, no supervision, a chance to see things a different way. I've been all over the place and I got to say, if you think you have a dysfunctional family, it's nothing compared to what most of the world in these sort of countries go through. So whatever happens, **** it. Not the end of the world. This whole doctor thing is overrated, but I'm actually interested in it. It's not about the money, its about the prestige. It's about giving your patients another chance.
    And **** yeah, the money.

The way I see it, deal with the parents a few more years and you got your whole life ahead of you. And just stop worrying about everything altogether. Doesn't matter how many less oppurtunities you were given or how much **** you went through, there's no point worrying. There's this quote I live by, "Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive."

This is why Asian(including Indian)people are getting ahead of the American kids when it comes to job-search. The American kids are beating people up and screwing around in class, then wondering why they can't get jobs. The Asian kids are forced to study hard and they're excelling in everything. :qbluewack

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:29am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Man are indian families REALLY that serious about the doctor thing?
    Yep. An Indian family here sent their only son back to India for med school, under tons of pressure. He killed himself a couple weeks before gradulation. Mother went nuts, father lived on with the "great tragedy of my family."
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:15pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vik, I think the least of your problems are bullies. Your parents have issues.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take up MMA. In other M.A. they teach you to beat the bully. In soviet russia MMA, we bring the bully TO YOU.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    Take up MMA. In other M.A. they teach you to beat the bully. In soviet russia MMA, we bring the bully TO YOU.
    You fail.

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 3:49pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone gives you grief, and talking fails, beat the **** out of them. Living your life in fear is no way to go - show them you mean business, and back it up.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234