Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 10:33am

Style: Boxing, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dealing With Bullies...

I'm a junior now and I only have a year till graduation. I have to go to India (my home country) for Medical college. Now let me tell you something about these kind of colleges. They are crazy as ****. I don't know personally what the bullies do, but there are people I know who go to the college that have told me they have some serious hazing.

I've heard stories of people getting ragged, getting beat up, humiliated, intimidated, etc. Also they beat the **** out of your car. There was this small dude who got jumped so bad he was left with scars, bruises, and his eyes were hit in deeper than they were before. That was just one example my cousin told me (she goes to the college). She told me if you're a guy you'll have some problems there.

Now I really don't have a choice, I have to go to this college and there's no doubt there will be confrontations with these so called 'bullies.' I don't know how much to believe about them. Knowing India, there's no way I can think of a bunch of Indian dudes beating up people. But hey, this is college.

Now about me. I've never had problems with bullies. When I was in the seventh grade there were a few people who mess with me, but I just smile and joke around. Every bully I have ends up as my friend. But I'm simply not the person who will get jumped and just stand there. When I get mad, I go crazy. I don't care how many people there are against me, I won't take it. I'm not a small guy either and people never mess with me. I train a lot and people know that. And that's the problem with these bullies at the college. They are seniors who simply torture new freshmen. They tell you, if you don't fight back, they won't beat you up again. Like some sort of initiation.

Now I know how to fight and I'm not the kind of person who will comply with that bullshit. I'm sort of looking forward to beating them all up (which is unlikely). I have a lot of confidence in dealing with them. If you always fight back and hurt them more than they hurt you, what's the point? I want to make an example to the school that they don't have to take it. It's just a bunch of cowards who just have to beat on a smaller guy together to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Now what should I do? Should I fight back if they come first? If I fight back I might be making some serious enemies and a a few years of grudges. Beating up will turn into beating up your car, sabotage, destroying your stuff, hurting your friends,etc. But I know they aren't going to get me to do anything without a fight. I don't have to worry about snitches or the cops either. In India, the cops are for sale. And my father has some huge influence (he could've been the president of India if he hadn't immigrated to America). I also know a lot of people at the college already and some others who are coming with me. People know I have lots of training in martial arts and they know my background - I don't have to worry about respect. There are always a lot of friends I hang with, who have also had training. But the question is, will that stop bullies?

Now I'm not scared at all. In fact, I'm looking forward to use my training for practical applications. It's just the long run I'm worried about. Reputation, safety of others, education, etc. I'm not looking for a fight and won't start it. But if they approach me I'll be prepared to defend myself. I won't go to extremes unless I have to. And if I see my friends or some stranger getting ganged up, I won't hesitate to intervene. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a violent person unless I have to prove to them they can't push people around.

Should I stand up for myself and fight back, or just get beat up the first time to get it over with? I really want to just beat the **** out of those bullies :new_2guns I'm stuck in the college for four years. Whatever I choose to do, I better not regret.
    Last edited by Vik; 11/10/2005 10:44am at .

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 10:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell kind of medical college has a student body of fratboy hooligans?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 10:38am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With bullies that aren't actually out to rob or kill you respect is usually the game they are playing. Letting them walk all over you will only encourage more bullying. I say calmly wait for the confrontation AKA don't seek it out or press the issue. Then when it comes stand your ground and protect yourself without elevating the severity (don't pull a knife) They will typically respect your response and it will be over.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 10:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The college I'm going to is an NRI college (Non-Residential Indians). So all the Indian kids from America come here. But Indian citizens also attend the school. The problem is, the citizen Indian guys think we (Indian-Americans) are all snobby, bitchy, think we're all that, etc. So they just want to make our life a living hell.

It's not just the non-residential Indians either, it's everyone. In America, these 'bullies' would get their asses handed to them the moment they try to start something. But when they come back to India they come thinking they can't be stopped, you know what I mean? Indians tend to be stereotypical nerds, weaklings, overweight, and all that. When these guys come back to India they think they can push anyone around whenever they want.

And this isn't exactly a place supervised by adults. This place is polluted, dirty, everything and everybody can be bribed. The police don't care what happens and the teachers sometimes bully students themselves. This is not good old America.
    India is a fucked up place, man.

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 10:53am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Import a large number of chavs from England and let the two species of retard annihilate each other. I'd suggest using a 2-to-1 chav-bully ratio since the chavs generally won't hang around college campuses for long and will starve and die without government handouts so you will need to replenish their numbers.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 11:19am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude. Why are you going to HS in america and medschool in india? Aren't you supposed to go the other way around?

I don't know what to tell you, I was unhazable in college. The first time a frat guy told me to get him a beer or I was done rushing I was like, "well then I'm done rushing because I don't want to be in a frat for ***** waiters" and he got up and I was like, "the other guys are in the room, dude, if you want to kiss and screw call me later" and everyone laughed at HIM.

But I didn't join.

I really don't know what to tell you. It seems like india's middle and upper class have some issues with stuff like this. I'd feel bad if I told you "beat the first guy's ass" and you did and got expelled.

It sounds to me like you don't want to go there at all, and not just because of this.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 11:24am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Vik, this alleged dilema of yours is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of, on several levels.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 11:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I didn't want to go to Med school in India. But the problem is that in America med school is highly competitive and there's a chance you won't get accepted after undergraduate college. That and you waste four years of time and money.

India is a different story though. You go directly to graduate med school and it's a guaranteed seat. My dad doesn't want to take a chance in America so he's sending me there.

And Osiris, I never said I was worried about getting beat up. And I said several times I will not hesitate to beat the **** out of anyone who tries to mess with me or my friends.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 11:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Join the "thuggies" Change your name to "Ali" and wash your hands with their blood.

What's the big deal?

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Punch first and keep punching. It's a generic rule I tend to live by. There is a moment of no turning back. Be sure you can recognize that moment and respond accordingly. Or you can lay down and punk out. Maybe they won't hurt you real bad or permanently.

Keep in mind, the guys doing the hazing were ones that were hazed. They are acting out thier own frustration of NOT punching first. They layed down and punked out. Now they want to get thier revenge through an outlet: YOU. Deep down in thier hearts they are still punked out little cowards who layed down the first time. They will lay down a second time. Just make sure you are the one who lays them down.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast