Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 2:38am

Style: Shotokan, BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well to make a long story short. I decided to be civil and invite him out for some drinks this last weekend and discuss Karate. And our own Ideas and philosophies. In the process of doing so. I belive I won his respect to a degree being that during our discussion's he didnt have nearly as much understanding about certain applications other then that was how he was taught. And I told him I politley Im not his Dojo to learn from him because respectfully he really has nothing to teach me. Im just there as a place practice and train. I belive that point is now clear with him. The rank issue never came up. But I dont think it really needs to. I dont plan on joining his organization or testing with it. So it doesent really matter. But we did agree that I will not be calling him Sensei or anything else. So to sum it up. I pretty much made him feel stupid when it came to concepts and Ideas and he has a alot of studying to do still before he tries to explain in detail to anybody and or correct them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 11:05am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alcohol once again, the solution to life’s problems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2005 5:45pm

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you handled the matter pretty well. I'm surprised you're not going to call him sensei....I would have expected that you would both call each other sensei out of mutual respect for rank.

Other than that seems like the matter was handled quite well. Maybe down the road he'll ask you to help him in his own training.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678