Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:36pm

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yeshuado?

http://www.yeshuado.com/

What the Hell is this?

None of the links are working but the main page seems to get the point across with only a few words.

And what's with the guy in the ski mask?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:51pm

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It makes my Jewish heart break, as Yeshua is absolutly NOT the Hebrew name of Jesus. It's YeHOshua- "Yeshua" is a colloquial contraction in Aramaic. As Yehoshua translates to Joshua, Christians are essentially calling Jesus "Josh"- and not in Hebrew.

In short, I have little faith in Josh-do.

(9 to 10 it's dressed up, low contact fitness kickboxing, but obviously it's impossible to say at this point. However, anyone who is so stupid as to neglect to adequately research their already dumbass concept of a name deserves ridicule.)

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interestingly enough:

http://www.messianic.com/articles/yeshua.htm

Yeshua is the original Hebrew proper name for Jesus of Nazareth, a Jewish Rabbi (and more) who lived from about 6 B.C.E. to 27 C.E. (A.D.) In other words, Yeshua was the name His mother called Him when shall called Him for supper.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:56pm

Style: Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So Jesus practiced low-contact Cardio Kickboxing?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Interestingly enough:

http://www.messianic.com/articles/yeshua.htm

Yeshua is the original Hebrew proper name for Jesus of Nazareth, a Jewish Rabbi (and more) who lived from about 6 B.C.E. to 27 C.E. (A.D.) In other words, Yeshua was the name His mother called Him when shall called Him for supper.

His mom may have actually called him that- but it is not Hebrew, and it is a colloquialism. Ask anyone who knows Biblical Hebrew or a little Aramaic. I believe Wikipedia (not the best source, but I was looking through it a while ago) has this, but the long and the short is that Hebrew has some ery crazy and distinct rules for formal vowels and enounciation, as vowels are implcit and not written. "Yeshua" is not possible according to correct Hebrew, and furthermore, it is known to be a Aramaic contraction.

And I would not use "Messianic Jews" (i.e. Christians who want to embrace Jewish roots, or J4J, which are just CHristians trying to convert Jews) as a Hebrew resource. The ones I've had experiance with were woefully uneducated regarding formal Hebrew- they usually have taken classes on modern Hebrew, if anything. Also, you'll find that they don't actually read a formal Hebrew Torah, as they do not have the education required to understand non-implicitly voweled Hebrew.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kendamu
    So Jesus practiced low-contact Cardio Kickboxing?
    It could happen.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanArmory
    His mom may have actually called him that- but it is not Hebrew, and it is a colloquialism. Ask anyone who knows Biblical Hebrew or a little Aramaic. I believe Wikipedia (not the best source, but I was looking through it a while ago) has this, but the long and the short is that Hebrew has some ery crazy and distinct rules for formal vowels and enounciation, as vowels are implcit and not written. "Yeshua" is not possible according to correct Hebrew, and furthermore, it is known to be a Aramaic contraction.

And I would not use "Messianic Jews" (i.e. Christians who want to embrace Jewish roots, or J4J, which are just CHristians trying to convert Jews) as a Hebrew resource. The ones I've had experiance with were woefully uneducated regarding formal Hebrew- they usually have taken classes on modern Hebrew, if anything. Also, you'll find that they don't actually read a formal Hebrew Torah, as they do not have the education required to understand non-implicitly voweled Hebrew.
    Relax. I posted a website at the same time yours posted. I googled Yeshua and encountered this definition. I'm not turning this into a religious debate.

I'm glad your definition came up first, I wouldn't have been able to encounter your true character.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries- no debate. I just get picky about Hebrew. I have a feeling that I'm the only Orthodox Jew around here, so I gots to represent, yo.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is what I figured from you post. That is why I didn't get all sarcastic.

I can understand being the only person of something and wanting to keep it pure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll also note that I'm probably the only person here who practices a koryu, which is essencially why I never try to chime in on most debates- there's no way in hell I can give a fair accounting of koryus, and I really don't want to be a representative of it. Judaism... now THAT I can do. :)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast