I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 1:29am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No you hunt these:

Look at what he's holding in his hand. The S&W 500. Yeah... freaking awesome. Though his is somewhat modified... extended barrel, scope, etc. Still pretty badass.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 1:30am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    Try fitting it in your sons hand, see if he could accidentally shoot himself with it comfortably.

Alternatively, pick a guy that you would like a robber to turn on you. As you have the choice, you may as well be shot with a gun that has style.

Bring on the pro gun 'we really like having a gun death rate 20 times higher than the rest of the western world' lobby.

If the robber can just take my gun away just like that, why can't I just take it back?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 1:32am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    If the robber can just take my gun away just like that, why can't I just take it back?
    Because he has t3h anti-dis4rm!

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 1:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Because he has t3h anti-dis4rm!

Well, my 92FS is my primary defense weapon, so I figure if he takes that away then I'll simply have to shoot him with my UZI or my AR15.

He really should just leave me the beretta

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 1:57am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Also, liokault, when are the going to outlaw forks over in the UK.
    Sorry, we were looking for "Sharp kitchen knives." "Sharp kitchen knives" was the correct answer.

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 2:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    No you hunt these:

Look at what he's holding in his hand. The S&W 500. Yeah... freaking awesome. Though his is somewhat modified... extended barrel, scope, etc. Still pretty badass.
    People that kill endangered species deserve to be flensed. Thanks, though.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 2:32am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Well, my 92FS is my primary defense weapon, so I figure if he takes that away then I'll simply have to shoot him with my UZI or my AR15.

He really should just leave me the beretta
    <SWOONING>

You rock! Check my other thead on national weapons month, if you haven't already!

My UZI and Ed Brown Kobra Karry .45

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 2:42am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last time I was at the range the guys in the stall next to us rented a 500 Magnum revolver just before the range closed. They each fired one or two shots (which cost like $1.50 apiece) and had to stop. Said it wasn't even fun, it just HURT.

The employee closing shop observently pointed out that once the guy you pull it on falls to the floor laughing, you could just club him to death with it two-handed. Then throw one of the bullets at his friend as he runs away.

I've only started going to the range in the last year, but my two favorites thus far have been a Walther P99 .40S&W, and a .45 Glock (don't even know the model # I shot, it was a replacement rental to use up the .45 we bought for a faulty tommy gun :smile:). I swear that after shooting a 1911, that Glock felt more like a 9mm going off. Might be fugly as hell, but it was light and felt really natural to me and could hold a couple more rounds than a 1911.

For SD, I've heard that the .40 provides reliable stopping power, and has the advantage of much greater capacity. When you're looking at 7 vs 12 rounds in a magazine, that could be pretty significant considering the pathetically low percentage of shots that land in a real firefight even by trained shooters. Of course if you're looking for something fun to use target shooting that doesn't necessarily apply.

In Minnesota there was a bunch of hoopla over loosening the C&C licensing process, and in exchange they've allowed individual business establishments to post "gun ban" signs that make it illegal to carry on the premises. It's kinda funny, since prior to that people could still get licensed AND carry inside those places. I'd only be interested in carrying on certain jobs and for home defense anyway (we've had a couple break-ins in the last year).

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 3:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pay the 200 bucks and get the tax stamp so you can have a real uzi barrel instead of that ugly 16 inch thing :P
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast