Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:06pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by japuma630
    Hm... i knew this was going to happen... now to let it go and jsut take in real comments or defend my position... oh WTF...

I've been around guns all my life, my parents have had guns, i've had shotguns and other hunting weapons. The people you are talking about with their kids shooting themselves are the ones who don't talk to their kids about gun safty and don't teach them what a gun is and how to use. You are also thinking about people who keep their firearm in a relative open area like a drawer or closett.Thats why gun safes are made and thats why you store you gun in a gun safe, unloaded, with the ammo. in another separte locked area.

If people would teach their kids gun saftey like my father did me and I plan on doing with my child there would be no problems with gun in households.
    Water off a duck's ass Bro, don't even worry about it. These same idiots won't bring up that in US states that have concealed weapons permits for theiri citizens have lower crime rates than those states that don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ

a friend of mine took me out shooting one day. Glock 9mm, H&K USP 45, Ruger, 1911, some other one, and some rifles. the 1911 felt incredibly natural. it just felt right.
    Awesome that you noticed that! The 1911 was created with that purpose in mind. You can get a great target acquistion by just pointing it without sighting. It's that natural. :)

Alot of police forces are looking to swap back to the .45 you can't ask for a more reliable round for stopping power. SF teams in our military carry them now instead of the old Berettas because you have to empty a clip of 9mm to get the job done.

I own several 1911's. Once I fired my first one, I was hooked.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Moron

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:19pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    These same idiots won't bring up that in US states that have concealed weapons permits for theiri citizens have lower crime rates than those states that don't.

Yeah, so now your exposed to 20 times the chance of gun related death, but only suffer 89% of the petty crime....hmmmm.(all figures are ball park btw).

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    Yeah, so now your exposed to 20 times the chance of gun related death, but only suffer 89% of the petty crime....hmmmm.(all figures are ball park btw).
    92 percent of all stats are made up on the spot.

**** off, no one in this thread cares what you think.

Moron

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    92 percent of all stats are made up on the spot.

**** off, no one in this thread cares what you think.

One of your better put together arguments.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    One of your better put together arguments.
    Thanks, I feel honored you noticed since mar of 2005.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:35pm

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Rec Shooting

Guns are like any other kind of tool, get the right one for the job. If all you are going to do is recreational pistol shooting, I would suggest something like a Ruger Mark 2 bull barrel. It is a .22 cal target pistol. Lots of fun, very accurate and .22 ammo is a hell of a lot cheaper then heavier rounds.

Mike76

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:37pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Liokault, you only hate guns because British people are no good at using them.

Now if this were a thread about tea pots, you'd be stammering like a school boy over your most thoughtful and ever so clever suggestions as to the the best brand to aquire.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike76
    Guns are like any other kind of tool, get the right one for the job. If all you are going to do is recreational pistol shooting, I would suggest something like a Ruger Mark 2 bull barrel. It is a .22 cal target pistol. Lots of fun, very accurate and .22 ammo is a hell of a lot cheaper then heavier rounds.

Mike76
    Very good suggestion, I missed the recreational shooting in the original post.

I use the my Beretta NEOS .22 for plinking. Got it for 250 bucks and really enjoy the Hell out of it when firing.

Moron

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai-Tenshi
    Liokault, you only hate guns because British people are no good at using them.

Now if this were a thread about tea pots, you'd be stammering like a school boy over your most thoughtful and ever so clever suggestions as to the the best brand to aquire.

Now were talking.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast