Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Moron

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 6:37am

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quickjab, if you really want to be doing san shou (I love san shou btw....its the stand up art of the future), you couldn't get better than Ross.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 2:05pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ming, tell me more about yees-hun ga

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 3:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickJab
    Ming, tell me more about yees-hun ga

ok, there are a bunch of yee's hung ga branches in new york and new jersey, but my description is of the chelsea and williamsburg branches (i cannot speak as to the specific training at the other branches, but i train at chelsea and am one of the instructors at the williamsburg branch.)

it's a traditional hung ga school in many ways (deep stance training, hard conditioning, hard sparring, forms, qi gong, etc.) but there is also a strong "freestyle san shou" program as well.

the freestyle san shou program is not a normal san shou program since we include grappling and ground fighting as well. we also tend to not compete in san shou anymore, favoring lei tai fighting since we don't like boxing gloves and prefer the fingerless MMA gloves. we have also been actively competing at NAGA grappling tournaments as well and are looking at sending a couple people to compete at the arnold classic in MMA.

we train all three ranges (standup, clinch and ground) and do a lot of alive training with focus mitts, and thai pads. we teach throws, takedowns and both grappliing and striking on the ground.

since i know people will ask, the head instructor has also trained with erik paulson in combat submission wrestling as well as training at a shooto gym in japan, so the grappling is pretty solid (of course it goes without saying that if you want to train with top grapplers go to a BJJ school, there are plenty in nyc.)

oh and i am sorry to post all this in a thread about david ross and NY San Da.... i just thougt that anyone checking him should check out yee's as well...

oh and liokault, i have a lot of respect for sifu ross, but i think it is a fallacy to say that better quality san da training doesn't exist out there (the chinese national sanda team, jason ming yee, marvin perry, cung le all come to mind.) if you are talking about in nyc and pure san da, i would agree, sifu ross is the man to train with.

sorry for the long post. hope it was informative.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 4:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    it's a traditional hung ga school in many ways (deep stance training, hard conditioning, hard sparring, forms, qi gong, etc.) but there is also a strong "freestyle san shou" program as well.
    Bullshit, Yee C. Wai is a shitbag Tang Fong LOSER and I personally know the Sifu that gave him the expanded HG curriculum ... only to have Fukwit Franky muck it all up with his "kickboxing" ****.

I forgot more H'ung Ga than that shitrat Yee ever knew. He's a total wanker and if he has a problem with that he can just come see me this Chinese New Year. He knows where.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 11:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Bullshit, Yee C. Wai is a shitbag Tang Fong LOSER and I personally know the Sifu that gave him the expanded HG curriculum ... only to have Fukwit Franky muck it all up with his "kickboxing" ****.

I forgot more H'ung Ga than that shitrat Yee ever knew. He's a total wanker and if he has a problem with that he can just come see me this Chinese New Year. He knows where.
    i really don't want to further sidetrack a thread about david ross, so if you want to further discuss this (but why would you?) you can always PM me about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 3:54pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to the internet, people can gossip at the speed of light and rumors can spread faster than ever before. But for the most part, crap is still crap and rumors are still meaningless drivel. I've learend to take the negative BS spread about me as a compliment. I must be high profile enough and successful enough to create envy and resentment :) LOL

If you are interested in us, please do feel free to take a FREE class with us. Call us at 212 239 8619

Our strength is definitely "stand up" and we do Muay Thai, kickboxing, boxing, etc in addition to San Da.

We also do MMA and offer grappling training, though if you really want to be a ground grappler, Renzo Gracie has the #1 school for that focus and I'd strongly recommend him

NY San Da is at 336 W 37th Street, between 8th and 9th

YOu can also check out www.SanDaTrainingSystems.com for training info and other similar stuff

Best wishes
    LKFMDC
    aka David Ross
    Last edited by nysanda; 11/18/2005 3:56pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2007 11:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If David Ross and NY San Da are bullshido, then britney spears is incredibly talented and Paris Hilton is a misunderstood intellectual dilletante who holds complex and nuanced positions on foreign debt relief policy based on the information gleaned from respected, academically rigorous sources.

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 12:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lk2230
    If David Ross and NY San Da are bullshido, then britney spears is incredibly talented and Paris Hilton is a misunderstood intellectual dilletante who holds complex and nuanced positions on foreign debt relief policy based on the information gleaned from respected, academically rigorous sources.
    And you, posting on a thread last touched in Nov 2005, are a man standing over a horse that has long since been dead pumping away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2007 12:11pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was sure it was some sort of computer problem when I got an email saying someone responded to this! LMFAO,,,,, TWO responses to such a dead thread... I guess that makes me three.... sorry
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123