Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Moron

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:30pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Better yet, just walk in and see him in person. David is open to the public and hides from no Man.

Because, clearly before you learn from him, you must offer him GONG SAU!!!111 one !!11!!

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by liokault
    Because, clearly before you learn from him, you must offer him GONG SAU!!!111 one !!11!!
    No doubt he would give you same. :icon_chee

Moron

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:38pm

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    No doubt he would give you same. :icon_chee

I only know him from chatting over on Kungfumagazine.com, but wasn't there something about him taking a challenge, then backing out when it turned out to be real?

I might be wrong and can't be bothered to dig the thread out. Anyway, I don't think anyone can doubt that he produces fighters.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only know him from chatting over on Kungfumagazine.com, but wasn't there something about him taking a challenge, then backing out when it turned out to be real?
    To my knowledge that all turned out to be either a misunderstanding or one of those "he said ... I said" things.

I have no problems admitting I was wrong about someone if it turns out they weren't trolling ... just seriously disagreeing. Seems the right thing to do if that's the case.

David and Steve both might be a bit hyper sensitive ... we tend to get that way after a few years of **** slinging by fukwits. I think that's understandable.

Quite a few of us got burned repeatedly in the early days of MA Forums and tend to take for granted we are being trolled rather than argued with. That's one reason why you won't find very many of my generation on public forums. Most just figured "**** the dumb ****" and stay in private forums.

I might be wrong and can't be bothered to dig the thread out. Anyway, I don't think anyone can doubt that he produces fighters.
    To me, that's really what it should be about for a potential student. I can stand around and deal with anyone in any fashion they choose. That's me and I'm just one person.

Old School says "Go in and challenge the Sifu. If he kicks your ass then he has something to teach you. If he can't kick your ass or you kick his ass then he has nothing to teach you." That's the way it was for me and there is nothing that says that was necessarily the best or most intelligent way to approach it.

As I age out I look at things differently and I see the value in having solid student Rep as opposed to the lone Gunslinger.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

There are many rumors.

The 2 parties involved refuse to talk about the outcome.

They met and that, is the only thing anyone knows for sure.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:40pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    There are many rumors.

The 2 parties involved refuse to talk about the outcome.

They met and that, is the only thing anyone knows for sure.
    Heard that as well ... reads right.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 11:05pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't really care if he fight or didn't fight. I just wanna know if his school and his curriculum are good.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 11:05pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ** Fought

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 11:14pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I trained there once a couple of years ago. Drilled some combos on teh thai pads, hit the heavy bag, um, did some conditioning. At least one technique involved hitting the guy as he shot in.

Also rolled with one of his guys once at Renzos. He was in good shape and had good takedowns, knew less bjj, but that makes sense.

I would try out the intro class.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you're considering training there, by all means go take a class and see how you like it.

also take a trial class here http://www.yees-hungga.com/
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast