I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tales from the old world...

My dad's from Thailand, but we're not Thai. He used to be one of those little kids who'd get thrown into the ring to fight with the other kids for money. This is about getting a little insight on what goes on around there through the eyes of my dad who actually experienced it.

My dad was a practioner of Shaolin Long Fist, TKD, MT and Judo. All in chronological order. He has been practicing since he was a wee kid about the age of 7. Around that time he was going back between what little schooling he had and the training grounds.

According to him, they were very serious about their training. They would train from around 12ish until the sun set, my dad never really knew the time because there wasn't a clock in the "gym." This could have been anywhere between 5-6 hours a day. There wasn't any good equipment. They duct taped the heavy bags and filled them with the dirt outside, the ring was a makeshift Bamboo post with hemp ropes. They used various padded objects and focus mitts and hand targets.

They trained hard, but according to him, not very tough because of malnutrition. However, there was an American who came and was very interested, at the time my dad didn't know how to speak English so he never got the guy's name. He bought them nutritious food. They did a hell of a lot better than the other gyms and beat the **** out of them.

The fights were also very hard and tiring on their bodies. They would fight, get KO'd and be revived again to fight some more. I believe this is probably partially why my dad is the way he is. The fights were bloody and even if they were kids, they were made to fight until the other kid would not get up anymore. This was a big problem, because it'd take a lot for a little kid's fist to knock the other one out. My dad was, as my uncles recant, pretty damn good. Some kids from his Gym would disappear after a fight, never to come back again. He assumed they died and were thrown off somewhere. It's a pretty grisly place over there.

Kid's shouldn't be fighting as such an early age. It's horrible for them and makes them all paranoid and have bad anger management issues. The amount of training + the abuse of taking forever to get KTFO + the pressure to win = lots of mental problems.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    video ?

and wrong section you noob ...

there is already a thread about kids fighting in Thailand ...

use the search button ...

and ummm .... * ponders * ... yeah TKD sucks ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=BackFistMonkey]video ?[QUOTE]

Dude....... lol

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    My dad's from Thailand, but we're not Thai. He used to be one of those little kids who'd get thrown into the ring to fight with the other kids for money. This is about getting a little insight on what goes on around there through the eyes of my dad who actually experienced it.

My dad was a practioner of Shaolin Long Fist, TKD, MT and Judo. All in chronological order. He has been practicing since he was a wee kid about the age of 7. Around that time he was going back between what little schooling he had and the training grounds.

According to him, they were very serious about their training. They would train from around 12ish until the sun set, my dad never really knew the time because there wasn't a clock in the "gym." This could have been anywhere between 5-6 hours a day. There wasn't any good equipment. They duct taped the heavy bags and filled them with the dirt outside, the ring was a makeshift Bamboo post with hemp ropes. They used various padded objects and focus mitts and hand targets.

They trained hard, but according to him, not very tough because of malnutrition. However, there was an American who came and was very interested, at the time my dad didn't know how to speak English so he never got the guy's name. He bought them nutritious food. They did a hell of a lot better than the other gyms and beat the **** out of them.

The fights were also very hard and tiring on their bodies. They would fight, get KO'd and be revived again to fight some more. I believe this is probably partially why my dad is the way he is. The fights were bloody and even if they were kids, they were made to fight until the other kid would not get up anymore. This was a big problem, because it'd take a lot for a little kid's fist to knock the other one out. My dad was, as my uncles recant, pretty damn good. Some kids from his Gym would disappear after a fight, never to come back again. He assumed they died and were thrown off somewhere. It's a pretty grisly place over there.

Now you, as the son of a great warrior must choose your destiny in what is only known as Bloodsport 2: The Next Kumite. :israel7va

**** you math class

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My dad could beat up your dad.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no offense Sirc :new_snipe ... you know , I think your ok for an Asian ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994