Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:53am

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothene
    Maybe you got stabbed by a ninja?
    VERNON KITABU TURNER has taught me the art of NO MIND. There is no way my SOUL SWORD has failed to protect me...

...in other news I'm now using a new machine that strengthes lower back muscles, and the pain has not returned since.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 7:56am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEtrainer
    Sounds like you have a pinched nerve that may get aggrivated when you are dehydrated.

Active release therapy and water
    Are you an actual "PEtrainer" of some sort?

Do you have some sort of qualifications or credentials to that effect or are do you just play one online?

If you are actually credentialed in some way relevant to the topic, please notify Phrost (the board Admin/owner) and we can give you a nifty title below your name to prove it and that would make you a super valuable resource on this board.

If not.....

STFU. :karated:

Sincerely,

Omar
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 7:29am

Style: Boxing, TKD, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah its definitely a stabbing pain, an ebbing piercing pain that hurts like hell. The day I first got it was when I was doing a 100 m sprint. For some reason, in a split second, a sharp searing pain just shot through my body. From then on, everytime i walked I felt the pain. Not straight, but when I sort of walk sidewayss, twist my hip a little, lean front or back - thats when the pain increases.

I had that same pain for three months and then it slowly disappeared. Then once in a while it just comes back, although not as full blown the first time. But it comes back in a tender, accident prone back. Feels stiff after workouts for a day or two.

I think its because I'm not stretching. I also don't drink a lot of water or work out my back or warm it up.

What machine is that wataru?
    Last edited by Vik; 11/09/2005 7:33am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 7:45am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :::Having ignored the only salient point; posted by JaguarWong.....and Lothene:::

I hear stretching is good, also maybe try alternating hot and cold.

Good form is important too.

Drink water.

Also, you'll probably want to take it easy for a while.

All these things are good for (yet) unexplainable, crippling pain around one's primary organ of the central nervous system.

Just my .02 cents.

LOLLLLASJ:Dfjsdfjas djlk''
    [.

By this way, this brown mole on my face is growing about a quarter inch in diameter every week. This happen to ne1 else??????

I'm askin here cuz I spend all my money on MA and software (well, MA software) instead of insurance???!!
    Last edited by Nid; 11/09/2005 8:00am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 9:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vik
    What machine is that wataru?
    Idk, I'll get the name of it next time I go, which is today.

Wait...Law Enforcement Officer?

OH SHI IT'S THE COPPERS

RUN

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go.

See.

A.

Doctor.

I'd had pain in my lower back off and on, sometimes as the result of excessive physical exertion, other times not, for quite some time. I'd seen doctors/physician's assistants for it several times, was given muscle relaxers and NSAIDS and told to lay off the physical stuff for a time...

Seven years later, I was told that I had one dessicated interverterbral disc around T2/T3, and two herniated intervetebral discs L4/L5. At that time the pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't even roll over in bed, was in agony wiping my own ass, and driving in traffic was a genuine joy equalled only by random dental drilling into exposed nerve tissue... Electric, burning pain expanded in a big whopping chi ball from my lower back up my back and down my ass, with red hot wires of painful bliss zipping down the backs of my thighs and into the posterior knee.

Nothing like it I tell ya, and for those who've never had that kind of pain, STFU about any little ache you ever have. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Go.

See.

A.

Doctor.

Or else you'll end up permanently fucked. Luckily I caught mine in enough time to prevent complete fuckedness. I've managed, first through physical therapy and later through Taijiquan and even later with kettlebells to rehab my back to a point where I can do pretty much everything I used to do except run (the constant shock absorption by my spine is just too much to handle). Get it unfucked now. You'll miss your spine when it's gone...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 9:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Stone
    Go.

See.

A.

Doctor.

I'd had pain in my lower back off and on, sometimes as the result of excessive physical exertion, other times not, for quite some time. I'd seen doctors/physician's assistants for it several times, was given muscle relaxers and NSAIDS and told to lay off the physical stuff for a time...

Seven years later, I was told that I had one dessicated interverterbral disc around T2/T3, and two herniated intervetebral discs L4/L5. At that time the pain had gotten so bad that I couldn't even roll over in bed, was in agony wiping my own ass, and driving in traffic was a genuine joy equalled only by random dental drilling into exposed nerve tissue... Electric, burning pain expanded in a big whopping chi ball from my lower back up my back and down my ass, with red hot wires of painful bliss zipping down the backs of my thighs and into the posterior knee.

Nothing like it I tell ya, and for those who've never had that kind of pain, STFU about any little ache you ever have. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Go.

See.

A.

Doctor.

Or else you'll end up permanently fucked. Luckily I caught mine in enough time to prevent complete fuckedness. I've managed, first through physical therapy and later through Taijiquan and even later with kettlebells to rehab my back to a point where I can do pretty much everything I used to do except run (the constant shock absorption by my spine is just too much to handle). Get it unfucked now. You'll miss your spine when it's gone...

E!

Great, you had to tell me that...first chance I get today I'm going to a doctor.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    11/09/2005 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, CMA, & more

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wataru Akiyama
    E!

Great, you had to tell me that...first chance I get today I'm going to a doctor.
    Just to drive the point home a little harder... :deadhorse

It first nailed me to the chair like backroom crucifixion when I was sitting on a stool taking inventory at a store I was working at... Just sitting, counting boxes. I tried to stand up and simply couldn't. I tried to turn around. I couldn't. I couldn't fucking move. Nice.

I managed, with great bolts of shrieking lightning nuclear fucking pain to rise to a standing position, inform my boss through gritted teeth that I had to go to the ER, and managed (somehow) to drive myself there. The nurses had to help me out of the car, into a wheelchair (that was a special brand of pain normally reserved for child rapists in hell), and off to the doc.

I spent the next three days in bed, unable to roll over, sit up, or stand on my own... Nothing quite so humbling as contemplating, with great seriousness, having your spouse come to wipe your ass... And all at the ripe old age of twenty-fucking-four... I was fifty years early...

Years later, when I finally decided to go and pursue a doctor about some serious treatment (I'm in the Army, and though our medical care is quite good, there are tons of soldiers that "malinger," or feign illness/injury, and so the screening is incredibly difficult to get through and discourages most of us real soldiers from going back time and again until it is too late...), I was running and could, very literally, feel the vertebrae pounding against each other. I still think I could actually hear bone on bone contact as I ran...

I couldn't stand for more than a minute or two; the fiery hot goodness running down the backs of my thighs prevented me from doing so. But here's the real kicker... I couldn't lay down or sit down for very long either! Isn't that a special treat! Can't sit, stand or lay down... What's left? I managed, through experience, to mitigate the physical limitations the pain was putting on me, but at the advanced age of 32 (by this point), people were joking about me and calling me "grandpa" entirely too often.

Then I got my x-rays and an MRI. Surprise, surprise! Blown discs everywhere!

Now, 5 years later, I'm doing pretty good. I spent 30 minutes rolling with my roomie (he's a grappler, I'm not, and though I have yet to tap him, at least I can get out of his mount and guard and mount his ass back...) after doing 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer (running is a huge, gargantuan, Godzilla sized, fucking no-no now), a ton of body weight squats and lunges, and forms work to boot. My back is golden.

Get it unfucked, kemosabe. Seriously. It may be nothing more than a single bulging disc (they don't "slip") putting pressure on an errant nerve fibre. Great. Get it unfucked. Otherwise you'll end up being a permanent keyboard warrior as that'll be the only thing "martial" you can do... For me, giving up MA just ain't an option, and I'm damn glad I got as fixed as I did when I did...

Good luck. I wouldn't wish that **** on anyone...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12