Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 9:53am

Style: WTF TKD, BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    JC, you can find a whole bunch of DVDs from the World Champs at mooto.com. Essentially you gotta order them straight from Korea, but the quality is very good, and you get a lot of matches for your money. I don't know why anyone other than a dedicated WTF player would want to sit through 5-6 hours of competitions, because most of the time at the higher levels players are more conservative and take less risks, which make for tighter but more boring matches.

Whiteshark: SOMETIMES the break is called by the ref, especially if players are stalling in the clinch, but it's no different from a lot of kickboxing matches in the K-1 where excessive clinching is prohibited. The ref will just break up the fighters and restart them. A lot of the time, most of the openings created when people are entering/leaving the clinch have nothing to do with the ref stopping them, because it's a valid tactic to strike, move into the clinch, and then punch/push out to create space and strike again. Pushing and grabbing might be illegal, but a surprising amount of it actually goes on, and if you're winning, it doesn't matter if you get a deduction or two. I'm re-hosting my vid on yousendit, will post the link here, but there are a few times when I time my headkicks for when my opponent is getting caught flat-footed in that "danger range" where I can get him. There are a few times where I set up kicks by holding on to his leg (discreetly, of course).

Officially the rules might be strict, but they can be taken advantage of. Strangely enough because of the higher ratio of girls fighting in TKD than in any other sport you actually begin to notice that girls fight dirtier, rougher, and angrier than the guys. They'll grab, push, strike when they're not supposed to..

edit: link is here http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...B0LX11WQU56WTQ

I'm in red.
    You know... it embarassing to watch my video after yours...

*goes and cries in a corner*

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:03am

Style: TKD, Long Fist, Praying M

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydermv
    You know... it embarassing to watch my video after yours...

*goes and cries in a corner*
    Actually you should aspire to kick his ass one day in the future. All great players look for the next better opponent for a great round of TKD.

lifetime, is a back leg fighter that favors the round house. Perfect for back kickers. But he is a defensive player, so you would need to develop your trapping game more, baiting him to commit.

It still be a tough fight for you, but that's what players do if they want to improve.
    Last edited by ac_dropout; 11/11/2005 10:25am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_dropout
    Actually you should aspire to kick his ass one day in the future. All great players look for the next better opponent for a great round of TKD.
    I aspire to kick everyones ass one day...

I'm just embarassed that we are both supposedly at the same level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:24am

Style: TKD, Long Fist, Praying M

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's to be embarrassed about. The belt means nothing in the ring. You think the green belt he was sparring gave a crap that he was sparring a blue belt and clocked him in the head.

Train harder and aspire to be the best.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ac_dropout
    What's to be embarrassed about. The belt means nothing in the ring. You think the green belt he was sparring gave a crap that he was sparring a blue belt and clocked him in the head.

Train harder and aspire to be the best.
    Will do...

You should write a motivational book... :notworthy

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 11:45am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey sorry mate, didn't mean to derail the thread and steal the thunder right there, honest!

ac_dropout thanks for the comments!
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    Hey sorry mate, didn't mean to derail the thread and steal the thunder right there, honest!

ac_dropout thanks for the comments!
    :hijackp:

No problem, the comments you get help me out too... give me more things to think about. Feel free to continue on. I think I got everything I can from my match critiques already...
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112