Posted On:
    11/08/2005 10:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    What he said.

Still no response to my Email to Ian as of today. This is bullshit.

What is the Bullshido solution to things such as this ... someone ... anyone ... MOD?
    JFS - we continue with the investigation, which will be held in a private forum soon to be created, so everyone, please refrain from posting any sensitive material on this thread for the time being. He will be investigated using standard media protocol, and if he still hasn't responded by the time an objective article is written, we'll send him a copy of it for his comment before sending it to HB's newspaper editor in Scranton.

Cool?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 11:43am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let us know where to send things if we have pertinent information.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 12:00pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    JFS - we continue with the investigation, which will be held in a private forum soon to be created, so everyone, please refrain from posting any sensitive material on this thread for the time being. He will be investigated using standard media protocol, and if he still hasn't responded by the time an objective article is written, we'll send him a copy of it for his comment before sending it to HB's newspaper editor in Scranton.

Cool?
    Way cool. Even, level & fair. Good stuff, thanks.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 12:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Let us know where to send things if we have pertinent information.
    Just hold on to it until we get the private area.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 12:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    The guy to ask has the username Samuel Browning. He's done several of these types of investigations and has the lawyer-fu nexessary to put somebody under the spotlight without opening the Bullshido site to 'slander/libel' type court action.
    Thanks, Man ... looks like Mr. Mantis has the game plan all sussed out and moving forward.

I just wish I was going to live long enough to see BJJ & MMA get their "fair share" of ass monkeys. We have more than enough in TCMA to even give them a start up kit and not miss a beat.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 12:12pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Just hold on to it until we get the private area.
    Copy that. May not be great but, it could help I have it saved and waiting.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 12:44pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    I just wish I was going to live long enough to see BJJ & MMA get their "fair share" of ass monkeys. We have more than enough in TCMA to even give them a start up kit and not miss a beat.

It'll happen. Always does. It's like tornadoes and trailer parks...just a matter of time.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 4:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    As further evidence of this gentleman's possible Bullshido, I posted this in Ninja thread before seeing that the discussion had been moved here.

For your enrichment, gentlemen:
    "Originally Posted by ShenLungYi:
    Ninja as a term loosely translates to "stealer-in" or "one of stealth" simialr to a term I have seen used several times in chinese "nien jih suu" which does translate loosely to the same thing. Any martial artist could have historically or even in the present act as an assassin. It is in terms of the culture that the lables came from. Anyone from any martial artsit could have been a "stealer-in" or "person of stealth". This is again true for today. Does Ninjutsu exist as it did in feudal Japan? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108

Ninja does not mean "stealer-in" or "one of stealth". It has nothing to do with those terms.

忍 is the character pronounced nin. It means "perseverance". It is a composite character. The first sub-character is 刀, meaning blade. The second is 心, meaning heart or spirit. Thus, the character can be seen as a blade pressing down on the heart. To deal with such matters, requires "perseverence".

者 means "One who"

Thus, a 忍者 is "One Who Perseveres".
    I speak fluent Mandarin. And btw, you botched the first "subcharacter". It is not “刀”as you posted but rather “刃”. Note the little dot to the left of the radical. The first means "knife" the second means "blade". Why do I know this? Because it is exactly the same in Chinese. The standard pronounciation for "ninja" in Chinese is "renzhe". Same meaning. I typically translate "ren" as "endure" though. Same general idea. And it does kind of sound like the Japanese, especially the second half, "ja" vs. "zhe".

忍者

Now where's that damn ninja smiley!?!

p.s.

I still have to respectfully disagree with Jeff on the Sifu thing though. Getting back to why we flamed each other when he first showed up, on the mainland, "Sifu" is not a title given to a person by his or other teachers. It is a title given to someone by their students. Although I know understand that what Jeff meant is that there was a formal ceremony where he was given official authority to teach, that is not what hapens througout the rest of the MA world. AFAIK that's kind of a southern thing. My Hung Gar teacher did something like that and was one of only a small handfull of people who ever received official authority like that from his own teacher. But in China and Taiwan, it is simply a term of relation ship like "grandpa" or "brother-in-law".

Either way, this guy calling himself by that name is as retarded as calling himself "Soke" or "Guru" or some other self important thing when he clearly has no grounds for the title no matter how you define it.
    Last edited by Omar; 11/08/2005 4:27pm at .
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 4:33pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I speak fluent Mandarin. And btw, you botched the first "subcharacter". It is not “刀”as you posted but rather “刃”. Note the little dot to the left of the radical. The first means "knife" the second means "blade". Why do I know this? Because it is exactly the same in Chinese. The standard pronounciation for "ninja" in Chinese is "renzhe". Same meaning. I typically translate "ren" as "endure" though. Same general idea. And it does kind of sound like the Japanese, especially the second half, "ja" vs. "zhe".

忍者

Now where's that damn ninja smiley!?!
    You are absolutely right, bro. Thanks for the correction.

While I did bring this guy to the task for his linguistics, I don't speak Mandarin or Japanese., but rather, Korean. In Korean, 忍者 is pronounced "inja". Like you said, the same characters are likely to have similar sounding pronounciation. I wouldn't claim to know the difference between "endure" and "persevere" off the top of my head, "persevere" was just the one I picked off the top of my head. The fact that all three cultures use Chinese characters in some form can make research easier. Perhaps we should form a linguistics team to Bullshidown idiots who drop Asian terms without knowing what they mean?

Thanks for the lesson.

Here's your smily: :ninjafigh

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    11/08/2005 4:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool.

Endure...persevere....just different flavours of the same idea. Translation is often somewhat subjective.

Thanks for the smiley.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast