Administrator

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:29pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenavy View Post
    I Am I off key when I say the two sites that I've skimmed have a listing of certified/qualified instructors? www.pa-kua.com even advises that you can't learn what they offer by distance learning... These sites are busy, but I've found them more informative.
    Correct.

You see the names right there on the website. You see their instructors names right on the website.
    Real instructors don't hide anything. They also don't need "private" contact.

Hiding your teachers is a huge Red flag for me personally.

Hey Fake,

Can you help me with this?

What happened to my article?

Was it cut in the update?

just wondering.
    It moved during one of the updates or this one. I found your original post and it was Article 250. It is now 367. I think (I'm probably wrong) that if any other posts were made into articles the date moves yours farther back.
    http://www.bullshido.net/viewarticle.php?articleid=367

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 2:35pm

Style: JJ/Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP: I honestly wouldn't profess to be an expert in such matters; with my little white belt/yellow tag grade somewhere on the horizon (Jujitsu) a dose of Karate (good club - I still miss it :sad11:) and far too long in a local McDojo before I had the odour of coffee waft up my nose one morning.....

I have however had some experience of both good and bad clubs.
    Here's six reasons why I intend to stay at the club I'm at:

1) the instructors were happy for me to go and view a class in session before any notion of money, membership, club t-shirts (and more money) was mentioned.And make time to speak about what it's all about.

2) Each technique that we study is broken down into sections and there's an explanation as to what purpose each section has and why it's done 'like that'.

3) Every student at the higher levels says the same thing about each grade they've gained- they have to earn the grade to get the belt, they are not given away free with corn flakes or the fact the cheque cleared.

4) There are two separate areas of grading junior & senior. A junior grade is understood by both juniors and seniors to be different.

5) Talking to other students after a class, it soon becomes notable and obvious that the club is not there just to make money - a 'piggy bank Dojo'. The instructors run it because they have a passion for the subject and wish to share.

6) Sparing is done to reflect your skill level, easier to begin with but the pace soon becomes more assertive as you progress.

Here's six reasons why I left my previous club:

1) Everyone seemed to get belts quickly - one black belt had only been there 4 years.

2) The class way pretty young, and a black belt out ranked a lower belt despite age or actual level of skill.

3) There was little, or a notable difference between the white belts' level of skill and the black belts' level.

4) Techniques were taught roughly, with little or no focus on perfecting the mechanics of each method.

5) Even with a little resistance and non-compliance none of the students were able to use any technique taught.

6) There was no sparing other than basic tippy tappy 'point sparing' (and yes I amstill trying to break the bloody awful habits that this can cause :eusa_wall).

So there you go, that's my experiences - hope these (sometimes unfortunate) experiences help you into finding a good class for your daughters.
    Last edited by TheMarquis; 4/06/2009 2:37pm at . Reason: some weird bits got in there from a copy and paste

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 4:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Correct.

You see the names right there on the website. You see their instructors names right on the website.
    Real instructors don't hide anything. They also don't need "private" contact.

Hiding your teachers is a huge Red flag for me personally.

It moved during one of the updates or this one. I found your original post and it was Article 250. It is now 367. I think (I'm probably wrong) that if any other posts were made into articles the date moves yours farther back.
    Brother,

Thanks for the link.

Posted On:
    4/06/2009 4:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He seems to have come out of hiding with his new website, and a new art that he claims to teach.

He claims to have licensure in Liu He Ba Fa. I know he was selling Paul Dillons tapes and material on Ebay, but then he was selling pirated versions of other peoples material as well.

Ebay canned him when he was complained against sufficiently.

For those of you who did not catch IIF's link to my article, click on the name below.

Ian Prescott

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 7:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ian Prescott and more BS

Brothers and sisters,

It has been a few years and no one here had heard anything from Ian Prescott when I wrote an article about all the things the man had been associated with on the net at that time.

He never came forward to defend himself against the questions that were asked of him. Though he did threaten to sue me and anyone else involved in what he claimed to be an attack of slander and libel against him.

the above is the link to the article that I had written to show people how this person seemed to be nothing more than a walking talking fraud.

Ian Prescott has come out of the blue with a new website and a new look to offer up his Ashida Kim licensed Liu He Ba Fa and other material.

How do I know that this is true.

I recently have been contacted by someone who had serious questions about Mr. Prescott and had found links to him being talked about here on Bullshido.

This person then sent me copies of Mr. Prescotts teaching credentials that he "obtained" from Ashida Kim/Radford Davis/Christopher Hunter, et al.

His new website is: Celestial Immortal

It seems that he is still very much trying to convince the general public that he is a certified instructor of the methods posted on the website.

This is the first document I would like to post here and comment on.

This document seems to show that Ashida Kim, who is a known fraud within the martial arts community has given Mr. Prescott rank in a collection of internal Chinese Martial Arts along with Wing Chun, and esoteric Qi Gong material.

How can a Ninja master, and a known fraud give rank in Chinese Martial Arts that have no connection to Ninjitsu. If you search out the forum you can find a thread where someone bought MMA rank from Ashida Kim. It seems that Ashida is nothing more than a paper mill for Martial Arts rank.

Here is the second rank document that I would like to post.

It shows Ashida Kim signing it as well as Radford Davis. Seems one person is signing twice as two separate people. Incredible. This document states that Mr. Prescott is now certified to teach in multiple systems and arts.

I feel that this is a total fabrication on the part of both Mr. Prescott and Ashida Kim.

Here is Mr. Prescotts Koga Ryu Rank document in English.

I do not think Mr. Prescott has ever travelled to Japan.

There is no Koga Ryu Ninjitsu Association in Tokyo. If there were it would be known as other Ninpo Associations.

Here is the Japanese version.

This is his supposed 2nd degree Black Sash rank document. The names mentioned on the right hand side of the page are people who are deceased.

David Schenck was a well known student of Shifu Tony Yang, a Wu Tan teacher of great lineage and skill. David also studied with Master Fee Mon Ong who taught Master Gene Chicoine and Shifu John Allen.

The other people named on the left hand side of the document I have never heard of.

Also the chops that are stamped onto the document make little sense as they are Japanese in origin.

The chop imprint on the lower right side of the page reads Shotokan Karate Do Seal. I have no idea why they are there and if this rank document is real or created by Ashida or someone else.

In 2003 Mr. Prescott was certified as an associate member of Shifu Dominick Ruggieri's School and started training there. He had claimed on other forums years ago that he had trained under a Peter Kwok teacher. No other certification from Shifu Ruggieri was found among the documents sent to me.

So it seems that the proof is posted that Mr. Prescott is not what he claims and has some pretty pieces of paper saying he is.

Again, anytime he wants to step up and prove any of this to be false. Feel free.

Mr. Prescott is not what he claims and has not the skills in these arts.
    Last edited by Mor Sao; 4/07/2009 7:44am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 7:51am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    He seems to have come out of hiding with his new website, and a new art that he claims to teach.

He claims to have licensure in Liu He Ba Fa. I know he was selling Paul Dillons tapes and material on Ebay, but then he was selling pirated versions of other peoples material as well.

Ebay canned him when he was complained against sufficiently.

For those of you who did not catch IIF's link to my article, click on the name below.

Ian Prescott
    Or crawled out from under a rock!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 7:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Marquis! for the very informative list. We will share with our kids.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 8:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WOW!
    When a "new kid on the block" sees "pretty pieces of paper" on the wall at a business or school, some of us wouldn't know enough to pick them out as FAKE. (How many of us beginners would gawk at those papers and say "impressive!"???)

Or, from being naive, we wouldn't know the right questions to ask about those papers to find out if that person is a FRAUD! We would just take it for granted that they have a business license posted beside those pretty papers and assume this guy is for real. (anybody can get a business license if they apply for it and pay.... doesn't mean they are qualified to do what they claim!)

Looks like it's time to send a letter to the Better Business Bureau about Mr. Prescott.

Thank you Mr. Dugas and everyone else here that helped educate me and my family...and thanks for your support!!

Without your support, us "naive new kids" would have just gone on assuming Mr. Prescott is a qualified, honorable, trustworthy individual.

Time to report this guy to our local officials... and move onward and upward.

For all us naive new kids.... protect your family! Do your research and don't assume this guy, or others, are for real!

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 9:16am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What more needs to be said? Having a ninja certify you in Chinese Martial Arts is stupid.

Even if you have a cert that is legit, two Chinese Martial Art certs are ridiculous.

Here is a link to another investigation on Ashida Kim and his certifications:
    I'm an Ashida Kim Blackbelt! What now?! - No BS Martial Arts

Yep he certified someone to be ranked in a rule set. To make it easy, you aren't a black belt in MMA or Boxing. You compete in those venues. Your record constitutes your experience, be it Amateur or pro.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2009 5:49pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon me if I'm wrong, I'm quite the Mandarin noob (like 6 months learning), but I'm still pretty sure that the province in China where a certain style of xingyi originates is spelled "Hebei", and not "Hebai".

I've seen "hebai" numerous times in the thread (I read it all - entertaining) in snippets lifted from the guy's old site and my mind was literally screaming "HEBEI FUCKER GET IT RIGHT".

You'd think a master of hebei xingyi would know how to spell the name of his art. It's also funny that the same mispelling appears on the certs and on his site.

Of course, the point is moot : two certs are signed by Ashida Kim.

I'm also not sure of this (the focus of my studies is not on Chinese) but I think it was worth a mention anyway : it pisses me off that Wade-Giles and pinyin are mixed in the translation of xingyi. It's either xing yi quan or hsing i ch'uan - can't be hsing yi ch'uan as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe I am, but what the hell. I learn by making numerous stupid errors.
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142021222324 25262728 ... LastLast