Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 10:09am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good to hear. That is why, in my long winded post, I said wait and see. At that age you must always wait and see. Kids don't hold grudges like adults.

I would tell the school, who probably waited to see if things worked out, everything is cool.

I bet that was his first real fight with a good friend right?

The first time it happens it sucks, That is where you, as a father, use your experience. Like you just said you still fight with one of your friends.

Take it as a learning experience and remember it for the next time your boy comes to you with a problem.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Take it as a learning experience and remember it for the next time your boy comes to you with a problem.
    That's correct. When two wrongs don't make a right....hit 'em with your left. :tongue11:
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 11:18am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :fist: HA!! HA!! exactly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 12:10pm

Style: None, at present

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "After the ex-friend was left standing there he decided he wants to be friends again."

That's freakin' hilarious. Sounds like something out of a pro wrestling TV show.

I'm glad to hear everything worked out for your son.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 12:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    Good point. My best friend, since 2nd grade and I have fought forever. We still argue over stupid ****. However, when all was said and done we were still friends. So here is the follow up report on the whole incident.

Well let me first start by saying that the school did call me back.....ON SATURDAY!!! I wasn't home for the call as we were at the dojo training. They said they would call me at my work today so I will just have to wait, and plot some witty comments to say to them on their great timing on the whole incident.

As for my son, well it went down at lunch time on Friday. The kids called him out and he didn't back down. He said fine let's do it. So when all was said and done, all the kids who were going to jump him backed down. Actually they chickened out, leaving his ex-friend to fend for himself. No punches were thrown, no kicks were released. Which for the most part I am happy about. There is still the punk in me which was hoping that he would have walloped at least one of them and send a message to the rest to leave him alone (hey I'm a guy what can I say) :) I was also happy to hear that two of his friends did go there to help him if needed.

After the ex-friend was left standing there he decided he wants to be friends again. When my son told me all of this I told him he should get his "friend" to recant the rumor that he has been spreading. I talked to the parents of the kid yesterday on the phone. Apparently they found out through other parents whose kids saw the whole incident (suburbia is a small world), that it was their son who started it and they apologized. I did offer to pay half the dental but they would not accept stating that they are going to be taking the money out of the kid's allowance to teach him a lesson about starting fights. Worked for me. So now everything is once again sun shiny and happy in the land of suburbia. Special bonus to all of it, we had 2 of his friends wanting to sign up at our school for lessons. :)
    That's about as good as it gets.

Props to ur son.

video of the fight if it exists plz...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    11/07/2005 1:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    That's about as good as it gets.

Props to ur son.

video of the fight if it exists plz...
    Thanks and I'll start having him carry a camera around in the future for just such an event.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456