Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    Samfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle (Ballard), WA
    Posts
    1,023
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Just found out that one of my friends got raped...

    She didn't tell anyone for a couple months and didn't file a police report. She won't tell my roommate (she's better friends with him) and I who did it, so we can't go kill him... or at least make sure he doesn't touch another girl again without hurting. I'm really frustrated and pissed off right now. I don't understand the mentality of not trying to make him pay. GOD I _hate_ that there are guys out there who are going to continue to be sexual predators.

  2. #2
    feedback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    4,080
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RUH ROH

  3. #3
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,536
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Killing him would, in a very technical sense, be the wrong thing to do. Legally.

    Tread careful in these situations. You go off half-cocked, you could do something really, really fucking wrong.


  4. #4
    Darkpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,193
    Style
    _razilian _iu _itsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wasn't something like this posted a month or two ago?

    Search Function N00B!!!

    Sorry bout that...not funny.

    Let the police handle it. Don't do something stupid and ruin your life too. If she knows who it is, he'll get his in the end.

  5. #5
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,331
    Style
    Kung Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always tell the cops and they'll interrogate her until she talks. Who knows, maybe they'll arrest the guy. But with no DNA this late, no rape kit either, pretty weak case.

    Sorry about your friend.

  6. #6
    Darkpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,193
    Style
    _razilian _iu _itsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    You could always tell the cops and they'll interrogate her until she talks. Who knows, maybe they'll arrest the guy. But with no DNA this late, no rape kit either, pretty weak case.

    Sorry about your friend.
    They won't interogate her, she's not a criminal. Can you say huge fucking lawsuit.

    And there could be DNA evidence if she's, you know what...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    9,910
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unless she's willing to go to the police they won't do anything. Now if she was underage at the time they would be more willing to be proactive.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    335
    Style
    None, at present
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, I'm sorry to hear about that.

  9. #9
    Samfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle (Ballard), WA
    Posts
    1,023
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpaladin
    Wasn't something like this posted a month or two ago?

    Search Function N00B!!!

    Sorry bout that...not funny.

    Let the police handle it. Don't do something stupid and ruin your life too. If she knows who it is, he'll get his in the end.
    She won't file a police report. This is one of the most frustrating things.

  10. #10
    Samfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Seattle (Ballard), WA
    Posts
    1,023
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Unless she's willing to go to the police they won't do anything. Now if she was underage at the time they would be more willing to be proactive.
    She wasn't underage. I know they won't do anything. It her innaction that really bothers me. Especially since she knows the guy. I wish this didn't happen so much at colleges.

    She's taking a self-defense class now, which is good I guess.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO