Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    I someone already editing this article?

If not, I can do it. I'm a pro writer/editor. Probably wouldn't take too long.

-daGorilla
    Your editing chi does not impress me. :icon_wink
    Last edited by poidog; 11/04/2005 3:21pm at .
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 3:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet

You must know that if the FSD familia... er sorry... crew may give you a weird feeling of a cult or religion and the fact most of them are part of the same family doesn't really help... And if they all are MA masters they are also marketing masters : http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3579/mafiosio6ey.jpg

whew ...

You know, the instructor looks real familiar...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2005 4:52pm

Style: BJJ Gi and noGi,MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what do you mean?

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:16pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

miles too go before you sleep...

Hey GreenHornet...congrats on finding something u like.

Shame on u 4 talking trash though.

I have friends who take the same art you used to and they really love it, and it is shameful for you to degrade something others love because you chose to have different wants and needs.

It sounds like you were looking for more competition based, sport martial arts like the UFC and such.

Regardless of what martial art teaches what, they all have a common goal of trying to help people.
    I know someone who got off anti-depressants she had been taking for over ten years thanks to her training in the FangShen-do (spelling?), and another who swears it helped saved his marriage and a good friend of mine lost close to 100 lbs. training with them.

Some schools charge more... some charge less.
    I think I personally pay more where I train, but hey, I choose to.

No one puts a gun to someone's head when they join a club, it is a choice.

How does the saying go?

Fool me once....shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

From what I hear, and from what you say about them expanding...they work hard and are passionate about what they do. They are not sitting around trying to think of ways to screw you or compromise your development....comeon!
    My friends love it there, and you feel you needed something new....great. That is why we have options, but to slag the school (any school) is dis-honourable, and dis-respectful.

It is like suddenly hating and bad mouthing a past relationship because you chose to get out...who changed? Them or you?

You can find bad in anything if you look hard enough, and it sounds like you were looking pretty hard.
    My martial arts training has taught me to push the positive, not to lift myself up by degrading others.

I also heard that some of these guys (and alot of their students) are kickass fighters (and from what I saw on their website) so trash talking is never a good thing to do.You never know who you might run into.

Lots of people seem to use the internet as a shield to say or do really negative things anonymously......why?
    Maybe some people should spend more time training and meditating, and less time typing.

Good luck to you and your training, and good luck finding peace.
    You seem to have much anger in you that you are channelling into negative outlets instead of positive ones.
    Last edited by thepringlekid; 11/10/2005 3:19pm at .

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:21pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow what a craptastic post. "Friend of a friend" nice.

Hurting peoples feelings on the internet is a lot better than getting hurt because what you are training is crap.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:21pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quoting "thepringlekid" before this gets edited.

Quote Originally Posted by thepringlekid
    Hey GreenHornet...congrats on finding something u like.

Shame on u 4 talking trash though.

I have friends who take the same art you used to and they really love it, and it is shameful for you to degrade something others love because you chose to have different wants and needs.

It sounds like you were looking for more competition based, sport martial arts like the UFC and such.

Regardless of what martial art teaches what, they all have a common goal of trying to help people.
    I know someone who got off anti-depressants she had been taking for over ten years thanks to her training in the FangShen-do (spelling?), and another who swears it helped saved his marriage and a good friend of mine lost close to 100 lbs. training with them.

Some schools charge more... some charge less.
    I think I personally pay more where I train, but hey, I choose to.

No one puts a gun to someone's head when they join a club, it is a choice.

How does the saying go?

Fool me once....shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

From what I hear, and from what you say about them expanding...they work hard and are passionate about what they do. They are not sitting around trying to think of ways to screw you or compromise your development....comeon!
    My friends love it there, and you feel you needed something new....great. That is why we have options, but to slag the school (any school) is dis-honourable, and dis-respectful.

It is like suddenly hating and bad mouthing a past relationship because you chose to get out...who changed? Them or you?

You can find bad in anything if you look hard enough, and it sounds like you were looking pretty hard.
    My martial arts training has taught me to push the positive, not to lift myself up by degrading others.

I also heard that some of these guys (and alot of their students) are kickass fighters (and from what I saw on their website) so trash talking is never a good thing to do.You never know who you might run into.

Lots of people seem to use the internet as a shield to say or do really negative things anonymously......why?
    Maybe some people should spend more time training and meditating, and less time typing.

Good luck to you and your training, and good luck finding peace.
    You seem to have much anger in you that you are channelling into negative outlets instead of positive ones.

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHornet
    what do you mean?

Just looks familiar, can't quite place him...

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:34pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    Wow what a craptastic post. "Friend of a friend" nice.

Hurting peoples feelings on the internet is a lot better than getting hurt because what you are training is crap.

I am sure your sensei would be proud....congrats.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2005 3:42pm

Style: Je Ying Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thepringlekid
    A bunch of stupid ****
    There's nothing wrong with what the OP is saying.

You say that there's nothing wrong with it and people are enjoying it, so no one should speak against FSD. Do you think those people would be there and be enjoying it if the sifu said "Look, if you use this you're gonna get your ass beat"? My guess is no.

Telling people you are teaching them an effective self defense when it is not effective, and from the comment about probably being able to beat someone with no training, I'd have to say the instructors know full well it's not effective, is fraud. It is wrong to do and it is not helping anyone, as you claim all martial arts try to do. The fact of the matter is that martial arts are taught by humans. Humans **** people over for money. The "honor" or whatever of martial arts isn't going to keep them from abusing martial arts in their endeavors to **** people.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast