Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 11:10am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    And you look cool doing them !
    Yeah, I bet gymnasts like, totally look cool and get swarmed regularly by hot, nubile gymnast babes!

Of course, I can scarcely hit an L-sit for 10 seconds, and would likely fall off the Rings and crotch myself on a balance beam.

-daGorilla :llorar:

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 12:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    Surprising, since Crossfit lends itself well to strongman-style competition, and heartily encourages improvisation and "real world" workouts. Some of the guys in the forums (soldiers in Iraq) talk about using huge rocks and other "equipment" for doing deadlifts, carries, and similarly improvized subs and workouts.

-daGorilla
    They just weren't used to pushing themselves as hard as I pushed them. As one of them put it later: "Before, I used to think I was working out hard when I'd feel a good pump going and had a good sweat. Now I know that I really worked a set hard when I'm laying on the floor gasping for air." The workout itself involved 20-rep squats, loading my 175lb keg onto and off of the back of a pickup tailgate, sandbag cleans, sandbag shoulders, pushing my car, and overhead lunges with kettlebells for distance.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 12:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks G.G.!I'll try them to see what it feels the next time I'm in the Gym(friday).I should be able to do 50 or more pounds as a bench press.Yes, I know thats shitty.But its the best I can do for now.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 12:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    They just weren't used to pushing themselves as hard as I pushed them. As one of them put it later: "Before, I used to think I was working out hard when I'd feel a good pump going and had a good sweat. Now I know that I really worked a set hard when I'm laying on the floor gasping for air." The workout itself involved 20-rep squats, loading my 175lb keg onto and off of the back of a pickup tailgate, sandbag cleans, sandbag shoulders, pushing my car, and overhead lunges with kettlebells for distance.
    That, my friend, sounds like an awesome workout. Ouch. :)

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 12:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sucked, but it was fun. I was doing it right alongside them and it was brutally tough.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 1:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    It sucked, but it was fun. I was doing it right alongside them and it was brutally tough.
    So KOTO -- you're a strongman competitor. I'm curious as to what you like to do (in addition to your keg/sandbag workouts) for training?

And when can I see you in one of those "World's Strongest Man Competitions" on ESPN2? :)

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 1:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    So KOTO -- you're a strongman competitor. I'm curious as to what you like to do (in addition to your keg/sandbag workouts) for training?

And when can I see you in one of those "World's Strongest Man Competitions" on ESPN2? :)

-daGorilla
    I'm creating a new routine today as we speak, I'll probably share it later on. This has my old one: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=dinosaur

This basically gives me an idea of what I want to do. I often mix things up though, doing workouts similar to the one above or just switching things up (doing Zercher deadlifts instead of regular deadlifts, Jefferson lift squats instead of regular squats, etc.). I've actually strayed a lot from that routine, adding in and removing a bunch of other things. I edited some of it today but it's still a lot different now.
    Last edited by VikingPower; 11/03/2005 1:40pm at .

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    I got no horse in this race. I've never done crossfit and my fitness level by almost any standard is little better than "adequate". But this is one of those things I would really like to see:

OTOH, what do you weigh? Apostol kind of had a point about chin ups being easier for skinny people. I remember this kid with spinobifida who was confined to a wheelchair in the 6th grade who busted out about 20 chin ups for the fitness test we had one day when the rest of us sixth graders were lucky if we could even do one.

But you have said in the past that you were bottom heavy so....I am skeptical of this claim.
    175 and don't be jealous =-)

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More cushion for the pushin! Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Gringo Grande
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/05/2005 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hoping to get my cushioning up to 220 over the next two years. I'll have to sacrifice having a noticeable neck as well as being able to walk though most doorways, but as they say... no pain, no gain.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast