Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, I'm not done.

This shotgun workout... It's really good because it produces FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH (specifically endurance strength). One is walking and blasting the biceps at the same time (and killing at the same time). It's really good for martial artists who need good hand-eye-coordination.

Cuz your biceps is already tired, but then when you need to kill something, you have that extra spurt of energy which forces you to lift the gun. You get speed strength and endurance strength at the same time.

But it's controlled speed strength, cuz you have to be careful and aim. That's good for punching.

It also gets your shoulder, trapezius, and grip. Plus walking through fields is good cardio.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 1:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...no wonder it's so popular with soldiers, firemen, and police officers.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crossfit has no rhyme or reason. It just uses excessive exercise as a means of seeming "hardcore." As for partials, does someone want to explain physiologically why they impart stimulus to push more weight? I don't see the logic in it. Also, Kein, would you mind posting or pm'ing me your lifting schedule, I'm curious to see your program and why you choose that system, same goes for you Koto.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 1:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ I just explained my autumn shotgun workout.

I'll pm my beaver trapping workout too, though. Drilling holes in ice is AWESOME for all around, upper-body explosive strength cuz you really gotta jerk that drill around when it gets bound up.

Don't you dare say otherwise. My muscles KILL afterwards. How can that not be efficiently beneficial?

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 1:50pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, don't listen to KeinHaar. If the thought of torturing your chest until it sizzles makes your nipples hard, then do it. If you would rather learn how to trap beaver, then listen to KeinHaar.

Hehehe. That was supposed to be sexual, right?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:01pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See, KeinHaar? This is why I asked you if you were being sarcastic in a thread last month.

:gwbdance:

btw, I've done the bicep 21's. Those suck to do. Too painful.

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    Crossfit has no rhyme or reason. It just uses excessive exercise as a means of seeming "hardcore." As for partials, does someone want to explain physiologically why they impart stimulus to push more weight? I don't see the logic in it. Also, Kein, would you mind posting or pm'ing me your lifting schedule, I'm curious to see your program and why you choose that system, same goes for you Koto.
    On the contrary -- the workouts are carefully designed by a coach (or coaches) who have been coaching professional athletes for over 25 years.

You obviously haven't read enough of the site (or the message boards) to understand the methodologies. Study more before you judge. Read the Crossfit FAQ for starters.

Part of that methodology is that "routine" is the enemy. However, if you look at the workouts over the course of weeks or months, you'll see some subtle patterns in the way the workouts attack your body. In addition, because the workouts attack your body in so many different ways (for example, squats, olympic lifts, and unique exercises like "wall ball"), you never get bored and your body is constantly adapting to the new stimulus.

The Crossfit folks are not just a bunch of "hardcore" athletes thumping their chests at their workout prowess on the Internet. They are professionals -- and IMHO represent the best approach to both general fitness and superior strengthening and conditioning. I pimp them because I've done just about everything else over the last 20 years, and I believe Crossfit is the best of the bunch. It's fun, it's extremely challenging, it's never boring, and it will turn you into a fucking machine. Wish I'd found it 20 years ago -- I'd already be one.

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    I have seen nutriders in my time, but **** dude, you make a commission from them ??
    Yeah, I guess I'm a nutrider. :)

But No commissions -- everything on their site is completely free.

I'm a nutrider because I've done just about everything else in the last 20 years.
    I think Crossfit is "the ****" -- although it's especially the **** for me becuase it's so efficient. (Like me, you've got a kid -- so you can probably appreciate the difficulties of balancing home life and training...)

There are other similar crossfit-style workout sites and programs out there -- most of which Crossfit is affiliated with in some fashion and vice-versa. I think www.dragondoor.com is just one of them. (Go their web site and scroll down on the left to "Friends of Crossfit" and you'll see tons of others.)

:) -daGorilla

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KeinHaar
    Hey, I'm not done.

This shotgun workout... It's really good because it produces FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH (specifically endurance strength). One is walking and blasting the biceps at the same time (and killing at the same time). It's really good for martial artists who need good hand-eye-coordination.

Cuz your biceps is already tired, but then when you need to kill something, you have that extra spurt of energy which forces you to lift the gun. You get speed strength and endurance strength at the same time.

But it's controlled speed strength, cuz you have to be careful and aim. That's good for punching.

It also gets your shoulder, trapezius, and grip. Plus walking through fields is good cardio.
    Sounds good AND you can bring home dinner, can crossfit do that ??

Maybe crossbow, but not crossfit !!

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    Sounds good AND you can bring home dinner, can crossfit do that ??

Maybe crossbow, but not crossfit !!
    Maybe we could call it "Shotfit".

-daGorilla :wave:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast