Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin just got 'special treatment' when he learned to box.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 8:44pm

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Einai stin athina?
    (bad aussie accent) Nai, nomizu, yiati leei an minei stin athina :P (woo greek speaking peoples!)

Im still maintaining that the sensei/shihan knows what hes doing so he wont place anything too hardcore on you. Im a newb outside of my school, so I'm not exactly a treatise on stuff like this, though i've heard of similar stuff, like one recollection of a muay thai school taking sticks and striking/rubbing their shins with them to kill of all their nerves to kick without any pain. Dunno if its BS, but its similar in that its getting you used to the pains most commonly sustained while fighting.

Keep it up, you'll be like a spartan in no time :P

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 10:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude! Sounds like you've landed on your feet (no pun intended)!!
    From what you're saying, this seems to be a good place to train!

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stick with it.

Your getting real Kyokushin training not the candy coated **** watered down for wimps. We do similar stuff like that at my dojo - you know drills of kicking each other in the thighs again and again. Don't leave. If you find yourself getting too sore to begin with - cut back your training. Even if its just once per week and you need a few days to recover from the bruises.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 5:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds pretty dam intense. At least it will make u a better fighter and able to take alot of punishment.
    GS

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 6:01am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas
    (bad aussie accent) Nai, nomizu, yiati leei an minei stin athina :P (woo greek speaking peoples!)

Im still maintaining that the sensei/shihan knows what hes doing so he wont place anything too hardcore on you. Im a newb outside of my school, so I'm not exactly a treatise on stuff like this, though i've heard of similar stuff, like one recollection of a muay thai school taking sticks and striking/rubbing their shins with them to kill of all their nerves to kick without any pain. Dunno if its BS, but its similar in that its getting you used to the pains most commonly sustained while fighting.

Probably a myth. Rubbing your shins, that's probably true, but I'm pretty sure they don't actually hit their shins with sticks. In Korea I've heard of instructors at Yong-In University (one of Korea's premier MA universities) caning students by hitting them on the bum/thighs, but stick-to-bone contact is pretty much universally damaging. I'm pretty sure the MT practitioners here will tell you that they hit heavy bags and pads to condition their shins.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 6:31am

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, so it was just rubbing then and i misheard the rest :P I tried it the other day, that'd be a bitch to stick to, the **** kills.

Man i gotta find me one of these 'hard' dojos when i get back into training, sounds good.

Ex-ninja

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 7:01am

Style: Muso Shinden Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas

You really don't want to rub your shins with anything too hard. The goal of MT conditioning is to deaden the nerves in your shins, not to actually injure the bone. Hitting or rubbing it with hard objects can cause microscopic fractures which weaken the bone. Nope, all we do is lots of kicks on the bags, pads, and plenty of sparring.

And I've never been made to sit still and take a punch in my muay thai classes. Sure, I take them, but I'm at least giving a pretense of trying to fight back, although my "fighting back" is usually circling and taking hits until the round is over. I'm still a no0b.
    --
    L.

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 7:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Ronin just got 'special treatment' when he learned to box.

Fucking old school sadistic boxing coaches.

" oh, you do karate too eh?, Tony come here...kid, stand in a boxing stance and work on your defence..."

Sadistic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2005 7:46am

Style: KK NooB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the reinforcements guys...I appreciate it.
    While I am getting " conditioned " my instructor is emphasizing the importance of exhaling throughout the process. To be honest it works pretty damned well, even though I used to do all the breathing exercises in KF...I never really had the opportunity to practice it while I am receiving hits. Now that I do....I found it extremely a lot harder to try and time myself exhaling. Also I quit smoking a month ago and my lungs are pretty muched cashed, its gonna take time for my lungs to hold enough air.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast