Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 5:44am

Style: KK NooB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Normal for Kyokushin Dojo ?

Hi spanks...

I recently joined a Kykoshin Dojo that is affiliated with Kenji Midori's group in Europe. I am going into my 3rd week and so far the only thing that we do is literally beat the **** out of each other for 2 hours. I havnt learned any katas yet ( Not that I want to...I just find it strange being it karate ). I know I joined this place because It was " alive " but honestly I have never seen anything like this before and I just wanted confrimation from other members on the board. I mean I am being told to stand still while I am getting hit bareknuckle in the chest and stomach for a minute / half...not to mention strikes to the legs. The instructor tells me this is for conditioning purposes, but I feel like I am being hazed in the russian army. He tells me that I have to hurt and feel pain in order to focus while being hit to counterattack effectivly. Not to mention after each workout I am about to throw up....As I am typing my left side of my ribs are still hurting bad after Monday's session. My legs and arms are in pain and parts of skin from my knuckles are peeled from the heavy bagwork. Tell me this will go away....or that I am a *****, I just dont want to hear that I joined a school that some Masochist runs for pleasure !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 5:50am

Style: Goju Kai Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I am incredibly pissed that you managed to find a place like that in Greece! Don't worry, bodies are resilient things, they can take a beating and then some. If you kept that up for half a year-a year, i reckon you'd be unstoppable, provided they combine it with sufficient technique so you can also 'dish it out' as it were. Just make sure you know if an injury youve sustained is more than superficial, coz although conditioning is good, a fractured rib aint [/over exaggerating]

Also: nice to see another greek on this forum! (provided youre not lying :P ) I'd attempt to type greek, but its nigh impossible using this alphabet :P

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 5:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Giasou re Leonida...

No...there not going full force on my ribs. I also dont mind the conditioning drills, and that is why I joined the place in the first place. What I questioned was the fact that we had to stand still while getting cracked at bareknuckle. Now I am not a doctor or anything...I just dont see how that does a body " good ".

software engineer

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:20am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffdiver
    Giasou re Leonida...

No...there not going full force on my ribs. I also dont mind the conditioning drills, and that is why I joined the place in the first place. What I questioned was the fact that we had to stand still while getting cracked at bareknuckle. Now I am not a doctor or anything...I just dont see how that does a body " good ".
    It's not good for you, if it's done too hard. But if your body can handle it, then the training will build you up, seriously toughen you.

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:26am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm told thats pretty much a standard for Kyokushin training. It's somewhat masochistic, but that's how it is. You're not being taken advantage of, that stuff is legit.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:31am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to up your protien intake as your body is basically building itself through the method. This method is old school karate and infamous in the kyokushin kai groups around the world.

They want you to stand still so to minimize injuries to both parties. You could shy away from something and break a rib or your partner could hit your elbow and break his hand.

the methods are rough and are not good for you over the long run without using supplementation.

Look at the Chinese arts and you see liniments and other herbal medicines used to help heal the body and the abuse we give it.

Too much force in the drills and you can get a bad hematoma(bruise) that can then travel into your lungs, heart, or brain.

Be careful and enjoy the Testu Jin Renshu(Iron Man Practice).

Dale

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait till they start kicking you in the nads, now that is fine holiday fun !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 7:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys...

This is a really different type of training that I have been exposed to. The fact that that I questioned the toughness of the Dojo didnt help either...it probably made me come off as some type of smartass that I am now paying for. I asked the guy before I joined if they trained alive or do they water down their style of Kyokushin....He looked at me...then smiled and said " Youll see ". Now I'm here posting to you guys....

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 8:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, they do the samething in boxing too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 8:17am

Style: BJJ and MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sounds like you found yourself a good school. i wish i could see a kyokushin class, but all we have out here are seido ryu off shoots.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast