Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 7:19am

Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is this Preacher the next Bruce Lee?

http://www.victorioushands.com/vfront.asp?ID=2

I'm still moving to St Louis and training BJJ at one place and MT at another and entering competition through that bunch but I thought this guy's place here in Pensacola might be a nice stop along the way. His style ends in Jutsu so he obviously covers jujitsu. He's taken the Bruce Lee approach and I was wondering just how close he's gotten and what good it would do for me in the MMA ring and the street not just in Churches against those heavy handed purses. There are Jujitsu places to train here in Pensacola but I kind of want to check out the guys that feel they've incorporated everything and gotten to where Bruce was headed, a truly effective system/nonsystem. Ok, maybe just this guy or guys that don't have big fat guts. What's your take on all of this?
    Last edited by DSDbronson; 11/15/2005 7:42am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:14am

Style: muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Dr. Harfouche will reveal in full detail his 8 principles of F.I.G.H.T.I.N.G. : Floating, Intercepting, Giving, Holding, Throwing, Invading, Nullifying, and Grappling."

Sounds to me like this guy has tried to base his whole art around a damn mnemonic

Dodgy sounding to me...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:23am

Style: BJJ/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by srichards
    Sounds to me like this guy has tried to base his whole art around a damn mnemonic
    Yep, and the sad part is that he came up with the mnemonic first and the suitable "principles" followed after.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by srichards
    "Dr. Harfouche will reveal in full detail his 8 principles of F.I.G.H.T.I.N.G. : Floating, Intercepting, Giving, Holding, Throwing, Invading, Nullifying, and Grappling."

Dodgy sounding to me...
    He probably didn't get to where he is http://www.victorioushands.com/default.asp?ID=8 with acronyms. It doesn't make nothing to me. I just want to make it to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame, wherever that is. :qleft7: :car3:

The grandmaster and founder of the tai jutsu system and the International Christian Karate Association was first introduced to the martial arts in Beirut, Lebanon, at the age of 12, when he came across an illustrated text, handwritten in Arabic, on the art of karate. Shortly thereafter, his family moved to the United States, where, as a youth on the streets of Los Angeles, he learned the basics of combat by necessity.

In 1971, he began his formal training under grandmaster Tak Kubota at the Hollywood International Karate Association. Two years later, he began training with grandmaster David German, whose TAI karate merged grappling with other styles, such as kung-fu and kenpo. It was there that Dr. Harfouche began to conceive the idea of shorite ryu tai jutsu, a comprehensive system that contained all the components necessary to be a truly complete art.

After earning black belt level ranks in five different martial arts and obtaining his 10th dan in TAI karate, Dr. Harfouche unleashed his own body arts style on the world and took the martial arts community by storm. His passion for the martial arts led him to create the International Christian Karate Association, headquartered in Pensacola, Florida, where he runs a world-class training center.

A lifelong student of the martial arts, he seizes every opportunity he can to study other disciplines and train with experts in other styles. His accomplishments include
    • 10th-degree black belt in David German’s TAI karate
    • 5th-degree black belt in taekwondo
    • 4th-degree black belt in kenpo
    • 2nd-degree black belt in kyokushin karate
    • 1st-degree black belt in Al Thomas’ budo jujutsu
    • black-belt-level rank in white-tiger kung fu
    • black-belt-level rank in white-eyebrow kung fu

In 2003, he was nominated to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame for the State of Florida and received the prestigious Grand Master of the Year award. He has been featured in multiple articles and magazine covers for several national and international martial arts periodicals.

In addition to his commitment to the martial arts, Dr. Harfouche is a world-renowned minister and founder of the International Miracle Institute bible training center in Pensacola, Florida. His extensive travel schedule takes him around the globe year after year, proclaiming a message of healing and hope for the hurting and training men and women everywhere to stand up and make a difference in their world. Working with large corporations, he oversees the distribution of millions of dollars worth of clothing and food in his humanitarian fight to stop oppression and bring freedom to people in every area of their lives.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What years was Bruce Lee in California when he was coming up. Looks like Christian was in Hollywood(CA) about the same time learning MMA.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That acronym blows. I like this one better = F.I.G.H.T. (Fierce Israeli Guerrilla Hand to hand Combat)

From the lol-able http://www.antakungfu.com/fight.html

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's probably ok, just out for the money, IMHO. Black Belt mag had a big article on him, and then a couple issues later he was running equally large adds. Gee, I wonder if there is any connection?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one's an easy one, R.E.A.L.I.T.Y, http://www.victorioushands.com/images/pdf/kungfu3.pdf , this one was the Inside King Fu cover :wav:

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 10:59am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does this have to do with Omega?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 11:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    He's probably ok, just out for the money, IMHO.
    I don't know if that counts as an opinion, not everything does. :bssign:

(Omega's in the Greek Alphabet, spelled O.M.E.G.A)
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast