Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:06pm

Style: Cho Hwa Mo Yang Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Speed punching traning?

As part of my self crusade to get my wind back up, I have decided to get my muscle endurance up as well.

So basicly what I am doing is Jabbing the hell out of my heavy bag until my arm is exhausted. Then i switch sides. after both arms are exhausted i rest until they work again and repeat for 3 or 4 sets.

What kind of recovery time is best for this? overnight, a few hours apart, or a day or two off?

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:14pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you really suck, you will gas before you hurt yourself so everyday is fine. If you're not too bad, i'd do it every other day.

I think you'd prolly get more out of interval training, but I'm a super-heavy so my hand speed blows.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speed punching? What the **** is that going to acomplish? I laugh at your pathetic arm-punches. How about power punching... something that takes your entire body. And why repeat the same technique over and over again? Mix it up! You don't fight with just repeating one technique, so don't train like that. Treat the bag like you would treat your opponent. Combinations of punches in bunches. Don't build patterns, break them apart.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jabbing a heavy bag repeatedly isn't going to significantly increase your speed.

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempi_stone
    As part of my self crusade to get my wind back up, I have decided to get my muscle endurance up as well.

So basicly what I am doing is Jabbing the hell out of my heavy bag until my arm is exhausted. Then i switch sides. after both arms are exhausted i rest until they work again and repeat for 3 or 4 sets.

What kind of recovery time is best for this? overnight, a few hours apart, or a day or two off?

The title says speed punching, the post says endurance.
    You, my friend, are fucked.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That has to be one of the stupidest training routines I have ever heard tell of.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dude, you sure seem to get everybody riled up with these posts of yours. It's interesting, your posts start out with a good idea or concept, but when the rubber meets the road, it turns into something completely ridiculous because you seem to misunderstand the underlying premise for what it is you're doing.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but are you sure you're 24 yrs. old?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 4:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, i guess i just aint getting my point across.

let me attempt to rephrase

I want to have the abillity to keep punching some one over and over and over and over until they are no longer a threat.

Now, what I figure is that if i practice by punching a bag, i can build both endurance and speed while maintaing full power.

To put it simply, i want to be able to hit hard and fast and for an extended period of time. I want to be able to keep on punching with good power and technique.

So is hitting my bag every day a good way to do this, or should i let my self rest for a day, or two, or should i do this three or four times a day?

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 4:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, i guess i just aint getting my point across.

let me attempt to rephrase

I want to have the abillity to keep punching some one over and over and over and over until they are no longer a threat.

Now, what I figure is that if i practice by punching a bag, i can build both endurance and speed while maintaing full power.

To put it simply, i want to be able to hit hard and fast and for an extended period of time. I want to be able to keep on punching with good power and technique.

So is hitting my bag every day a good way to do this, or should i let my self rest for a day, or two, or should i do this three or four times a day?

No.
    Hitting the bag till you or your muscles are exahusted will only allow you to develop the following skills:

Hitting the bag till you are exhausted.

IF, and this is a big IF, you want to punch someone hard and fast for an extend time, I would ask you this:

WHY ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 4:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want the ability to defend myself.

I dont want to be jumped by three of four guys and be winded by the time one of them is done.

OK?

So if hitting a bag for a while doenst build speed and endurance, what does?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast