I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is it bad when....

My sternum hurts? Like if I arch my shoulders back it is really sore. If I arch back and shrug forward, I can hear it and feel it pop. It's been like this for a few months now.

Also, every once in a while, my heart does this weird thing where it feels like it's trying to beat, but it's like it almost skips a beat and it hurts really bad. This only happens when I'm stressed though. It's almost like a murmur but not really, because I'm not a doctor and have never had a heart murmur.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is that the two things you describe are unrelated, but dude, you need to get checked out ASAP! Don't mess around with that heart thing. It might be nothing, many people have slight heart murmors, but don't even think about ignoring it. You need to find out what's going on before doing any intense training.

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have insurance, go see a doctor.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend who said he broke it or some ****, and now he can pop his sturnum, like you can a knuckle or neck. It's creepy and I don't think it should be happening.

PL

Destroyer of Worlds

Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand (orig from Melb, Aust)

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go to the doctor yo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have an indentation in your chest, called Pectus Excavatum?

I have PE and I can crack my sternum. I used to be able to do it way louder, but now that I've improved the condition, it doesn't occur as often.

But in my case, when I arch my shoulders BACK it pops, not forward.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 4:56pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometimes fluid can build up around the sternum, allowing it to make the crack/pop you are describing. If the fluid builds up a bit, it can make the sternum ache a bit. It's not unheard of. The heart issue you are describing could just be poor cardiovascular health, but all unusual heart activity MUST BE INVESTIGATED.

Things like CHF and Cardiac Tamponade can happen with no more warning than what you have described. Tamponade (A tearing of the pericardium floods your chest cavity with blood as fast as your heart can pump it. Taking your blood pressure from normal to 0/0 almost instantly.) will kill you before you hit the ground and you will never even feel it.

Don't be a dumbass. Go to a doctor.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds words scrapper. I have great cardio. Thank you olympic sparring for that. :)

I set an appointment with the doctor.

EDIT:

Weird... as soon as I posted that. My heart did that thing again...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 5:40pm

Style: One-armed flailing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I currently am recovering from a dislocated collar bone. I would get sharp pains through my chest(felt like my heart but was not). My symptoms were the same as yours, and I further injured it by doing weighted dips and bench press. Those are the two worst things for it, especially dips. Don't even try to do one if you have a dislocated collar bone, it will pop like a ************ (and hurt too!). Mine's getting better with just rest and some ibueprofen every now and then to lessen the swelling. Also, question how you sleep. I sleep on my right side, and over time that is what made my right collarbone susceptible to dislocation, because it was under pressure all night. Then one day while doing something stupid at the gym I popped it out. Go see a doctor though, only he can diagnose you.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/02/2005 8:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The best way I can describe the heart thing is... it's similar to when you have taken too big of a bite of food and you struggle to swallow it. That's what it feels like, but deeper in my chest. But for a few seconds, then it goes away. It makes it harder to breathe, although I suspect that's me freaking out a little from not being able to breathe.

It's doing it in more frequency today, and it's starting to worry me a little... Only about 12 hours until I see the doctor. I hope that I don't die before then. :-p
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast