Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 7:42pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Uh, I kind of thought that was JFS, and that Rigante was just some pud in Idaho....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 8:18pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One more thing, what is considered white to this guy?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 8:36pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Girl

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You missed the point. The point is that 'races' are not clearly defined.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 8:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AthleticGirl
    You missed the point. The point is that 'races' are not clearly defined.

anyone that isn't clearly not white.

EDIT: whoops, quoted wrong thingy
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 10:11pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****** is not the same thing as honkey. I've never seen a white person be insulted when they were seriously called a honkey. I'm talking about a sane white person, not the likes of Rigante. However, I have seen blacks get insulted when they were called *******. That kind of tells you something.

I mean, honkey? That's on par with being called a poo poo head. How you can even compare that to ****** is beyond me.

PL

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 11:05pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Camus
    1. Is this honestly major news? I just thought it was more an oddity, rather than the cause of a general uproar in the public at large. I’m now curious.
    According to reactions on this thread, some people feel very threatened.

2. I concur; however, on a moral plateau, the fact that no such group exists doesn’t make the message any better reasoned or valid. Also, as a convention, if we allow someone to exclaim the extermination of one race, why not another? Determining whether or there is an actual threat posed can lead to a slippery slope (hehe, I love it I love it).
    Oh come off it. I'm not defending him, i'm riffing off everyone elses reactions. This isn't an abstract ethical arguement, this is about who has power in our society today (hint: not black people).

3. This is true; however, it is not exclusively the domain of white persons to hate and murder blacks. (i.e. Arabs in Sudan)
    Fine. Now apply this fact we both agree on to the other points.

4. I wasn’t aware of that requirement, would you justify that? Racism is racism, whether you are the president of the United States or some blind hick in a moutain cabin, it’s the effects of said racism that vary.
    I'm talking about the common definition, not the dictionary one. If you don't want to use the term racism for prejudice+power, call it something else. Ugafuzzywoozie works.
    Nevertheless, when we talk about racism, most of the time "institutionalized" is implied to precede the word. If that's too scary, try thinking of it this way: Both blacks and whites can be racist, but only whites have the ability to give their racism real consequences...witness Rigante's screwing over of the next few blacks he meets.

5. I would think that a Jewish person extolling said view would cause quite an uproar, not the least of which would include the Jewish community itself, whom I believe is quite sensitive to this issue, regardless of the race that it applies to.
    But would it get on CNN? Would Dai-Tenshi's penis retreat from it's position hanging outside the left leg of his boxers until it lodged back in his body cavity at the mere mention?
    The attention paid to this comment seems to me to be a cynical attempt to cop out of a real, meaningful analysis of societal, institutionalized racism against blacks (recent events having caused it to almost break out into the public eye again) with a barrage of BLKS CAN BE RASIST TOO! OMG! WTF! BBQ!.

Sure, blacks can be prejudiced, and pro NHB fighters can get KOd. The context, however, is the most important thing in each case. The Statement at the beggining of this thread is not equivalent to threats made by whites against blacks because it is pretty much toothless.

6. Words are words and we have slurs for both races, but likely due to the societal structure, history and context of those words, some have more power than others. You already answered this question in your previously stated opinions and I imagine you just intend this to lead the answerer to your same conclusion, which I don’t exactly hold.

Your elaboration on these points would be appreciated.
    I was intending to lead you onto this point. The ability to slur is a powerful weapon for putting someone "in their place" and a good indicator of relative power levels.

I was actually enjoying chewing on Rigante. I want him back so I can cum in his ear.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    4: Given the COMMON (not dictionary) definition of racism being prejudice+the power to enforce it, in what context could a black person be racist? If you do not hold societal power, how do you enforce your prejudice?
    Your Semantics are Whack.

THis is the Spike Lee Definition of Racism. THe call for context is important, but if justice/equality/happiness/rainbows is going to happen then it is incumbant on everyone to call bullshit equaly whenever they see it.

Hey Hedgey, if three black guys savagely beat a white guy while calling him 'cracker', is it a hate crime?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    10/31/2005 11:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to dig up a world of trouble and am signing up for the race debate.

I'm white. So I hope this guy never gets serious influence on anything. I'd hate to be exterminated for my race. Just as black people were in previous generations. I don't know if this is his way of creating debate or if he's actually a complete crackpot, but I got an interesting reaction off myself with this clip.

I was actually offended by him saying that white people are *******. Now why in the world would I be offended by him saying that? "dduuuhh, ****** is a racial slur for black people ain't it?" I'd go as far as to say that the word "******" has nothing to do with black people. Like "Jew", doesn't really matter for neo-nazis. It's a word that has a connotation and denotation of hatred in it(Not "Jew" you motherfuckers). Apart from African-american culture adopting the word, trying to dumb it down to make it less effective, it's still intended to describe something that is worth less than animals. The correct word for a black person is Negro. And that simply means black! The hate that goes into "******" is a pretty sick denotation for any group of human beings simply because the pigment of their skin has been changed to be able to withstand extensive exposure to sunlight.

Edit: Actually it's the other way around isn't it? White people have been black once upon a time, and changed to white due to less exposure to the sun. Who'd 'a thunk it?
    More human than human is our motto.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 12:01am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    But would it get on CNN? Would Dai-Tenshi's penis retreat from it's position hanging outside the left leg of his boxers until it lodged back in his body cavity at the mere mention?
    Did you miss my exasperated and angry posting of the little twin nazi singing whores?

Also, Aryan Nation and white supremacist groups get coverage all the damn time; is it honestly so hard to believe that having a black guy say the same thing- roughly- wouldn't get attention?

Seriously, what the ****.
    Last edited by Stick; 11/01/2005 12:13am at .

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 1:30am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if we all just had a lot more sex, things would be much easier. Babies of all sorts of mixed backgrounds would be the norm, and everyone would have a helluva time figuring out who to hate.

Oh, and then there is the cool bonus of having sex with a lot of different people.
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast