Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 6:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for finally and honestly laying your cards on the table, HH.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogey
    Essentially, the issue is thus: You are not black.
    I am aware of that. More to the point, I'm OK with it.

Therefore, your opinion on black on black violence does not matter, Zendetta.
    Its funny you should say that, because "ain't your business, outsider" is almost exactly what the KKK told my parents when they were working to help rural SC schools desgregate back in the day.

You have the right to your own opinions, or course, but this particular opinion is Total Fucking Horseshit. Since we do not live in a segregated society or apartheid state, this is an utterly invalid idea. Even stupider than when you tried to redefine 'racism' to make your strained point a few pages back.

We can explore the ludicrous fallacy of this opinion from several directions:

-I am a taxpayer and have the right to ask tough questions about how my money is being spent and whether it is getting results or not. Public schools, welfare, medicaid, police funds, etc. My feeling is that many such measures ARE NOT getting good results. (THis is the least compelling reason to me personally, but you would be a fool to think it doesn't matter to many others.)

-The fallout of issues within the black community affect everybody. I recently posted an actual, recent, and local example of how the real violence within the black community is costing lives AND how antigun hysteria is affecting the constitutional rights of people near me. These are issues you artfully tried and failed to deflect. Why did you do this?

-What happens when mainstream society (white people included) DOES NOT care or comment on the realities that afflict underpriveleged groups? I think post Katrina New Orleans is a pretty topical example.

Hasn't white america been silent on the suffering of black people for long enough?

Following yet another black on black homicide, I often hear the families and friends of the victims voice the complaint that the mainstream of society or white people generally don't care about black people or what happens in the ghetto.

Again, would you feel more comfortable if I simply didn't give a ****? Or kept my opinions politely to myself?

You think you understand white privilege, but you fail to grasp that for you to even have an opinion on this subject reeks of it.
    That reeking? Its the stench of projection, HH, as you see me thru the lens of your own prejudices. I am not pointing a finger of judgement at black people, I am ringing a bell so that noone can continue to ignore these problems. I AM judging white people for trying so hard to look the other way.

How black would I have to be to have a valid opinion on violent neighborhoods, failing schools, high unemployment, or fatherless homes?

If I was half black, could you hear me then? How about 1/4?

How about 1/10th? Would my ideas have 1/10th the merit of those of a genuine Black Man?

You current Paradigm is "All animals are created equal. But some animals are more equal than others."

Congrats, HH, and welcome to Animal Farm.
    Last edited by Zendetta; 11/11/2005 6:55pm at .
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Essentially, the issue is thus: You are not black.
    Awesome answer. So we're back to deciding issues based on race. The circle is complete.

Therefore, your opinion on black on black violence does not matter, Zendetta.
    But it does if the violence is affecting me through mis-appropriation of my tax dollars and the passage of legislation that affects me when attempting to address black on black violence. Unless of course you're suggesting that we begin passing legislation that only applies to certain races again?

You think you understand white privilege, but you fail to grasp that for you to even have an opinion on this subject reeks of it.
    Your responses read like a College-level Sociology fortune cookie. You need to spend more time in a new section of the library.

Capitalist Pig

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 7:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, no-gi, boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Same way with any other issue of outsiders looking in. You may know about it from what you see on the news, but if thats the extent of your knowledge, you have no idea.
    Osiris,

To date we've discussed several issues that are pertinent points about black-on-black violence and economic problems and it doesn't take someone dressed in baggy jeans with a pistol stuffed in their jock to explain them. To recap my thoughts:

1) Drug prohibition is seriously affecting the black community and is a leading contributor to violence and destruction of families.

2) The current mainstream media portrays a black culture that embraces behaviors and ideals that are counter to success in society. This current culture glorifies violence, abdicates male responsibility for their children, looks down on education as "acting white", and blames others for problems they should be solving.

3) Defenders of this black culture feels that it is an affront to them when outsiders question their "black identity" when all these critics are trying to do is point out some obvious problems.

4) The primary voices of the black community (Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.) seem to embrace and extend the victimology argument to maintain the status quo and thus their prominence in the fight.

5) Not all problems in the black community are the fault of whitey.

So far in the discussion both you and Hedgehogey have put forth some ridiculous arguments and no solutions. I understand this is just an internet forum and we're not changing the world, but for a minute can you knock that chip off your shoulder and actually pretend like we're not dumbasses?

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 12:41pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Granted, I've missed about a billion pages, but here's my take on the current issue. White people should be concerned on violence in the black community. They should also voice their opinions on it. The issue is how much weight they should hold. Not very much. Why? Consider those outside the hip hop community commenting on its current state. 99% of the time, they're talking out of their ass. Same way with any other issue of outsiders looking in. You may know about it from what you see on the news, but if thats the extent of your knowledge, you have no idea.

the only difference bieng that with hip hop culture and rap, people who comment are either talking without properly getting any background, or they have an ulterior motive to intentionally discredit either the music or the culture.

Here, when people (not just people on a message board, analysts and legit types) talk about such topics as violence in black, asian, white or smurf communities, there is a greater chance that they have "done thier homework" have background that comes from more than just thier sphincter.

I would think one who is not "inside" but has still educated themselves to be able to talk intelligently and expertly on the subject is a HELL of a lot more likely in the case of problems facing the black community, which in turn has an effect (and how) on other communities, than someone could talk meaninfully on a specific urban culture and urban music which frat boys love to imitate.

(yes, I've thrown a coulple of cheap shots, so?)

Sexe dans la derrière!

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai Khmer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, this thread is 15 pages long. Can anyone just summarize; maybe in a few lines, maybe in a limmerick, what the **** just happened the last 14 pages?

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 12:50pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some people think non-Blacks have no business or no standing in criticizing "internal concerns" of the Black community.

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 5:11pm

Style: luk chua bik da

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfujew
    Okay, this thread is 15 pages long. Can anyone just summarize; maybe in a few lines, maybe in a limmerick, what the **** just happened the last 14 pages?

Here it goes:

Whitey must die.

No, rap is evil.

No, it's more complicated than that.

13 pages of exposition melded with various biases and rhetoric.

Approximately twenty people posting during work hours, ten of which may have complained because blacks, through quotas, get all the good jobs they would like to post during.

A book reccomendation.

Zendetta is Marhsal Mathers.

Os is still black.

Currently, an interesting word association game is being played, in which someone says "baggy pants" and your options are to either say "gun" or "penis".

Welcome.

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 7:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice synopsis, Manchu, you only left out the part where HedgHogey eats white babies.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 7:44pm

Style: luk chua bik da

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Nice synopsis, Manchu, you only left out the part where HedgHogey eats white babies.
    Good point.

Sexe dans la derrière!

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 9:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai Khmer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    They're just plumper and juicier than ethnic babies!
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91516171819 20 LastLast