Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently we already had two, but Berador dispatched them when they attacked him..

Nevertheless, due largely to poor reading skills and a pigheaded sense of obligation, I have agreed to go over there in August to fight with him. August, it has to be said, is a long way away, but I'm currently financially strapped due to divorce and so can't be spending money on European trips this year or early next year. If I can afford to go in June like he suggests, then I will.

Not really ideal, but whether or not someone else from Europe steps up in the interim, I still have to show up there in August anyway.

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:43am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    pppppfffft what?

Man you are going to fly to Europe and he's going to punk out, you know that right?

Man at least make sure a Euro-TD gets planned for that time period and do the rest of the continent.

Actually that kind of makes me want to go with you.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenwaMandelbrot
    Apparently we already had two, but Berador dispatched them when they attacked him..

Nevertheless, due largely to poor reading skills and a pigheaded sense of obligation, I have agreed to go over there in August to fight with him. August, it has to be said, is a long way away, but I'm currently financially strapped due to divorce and so can't be spending money on European trips this year or early next year. If I can afford to go in June like he suggests, then I will.

Not really ideal, but whether or not someone else from Europe steps up in the interim, I still have to show up there in August anyway.
    Call me cynical but I don't think it's going to happen. There's plenty of time for him to come up with some wriggle-out excuse to not fight. He doesn't really want to fight, he just wants to LOOK LIKE he wants to fight. We all know what a hopeless liar he is, he will say his granny is sick and can't fight, the dog ate his densho ect.

Badness will not be rewarded

Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 2:51am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is just not enough interest for a euro-td :(

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    Call me cynical but I don't think it's going to happen. There's plenty of time for him to come up with some wriggle-out excuse to not fight. He doesn't really want to fight, he just wants to LOOK LIKE he wants to fight. We all know what a hopeless liar he is, he will say his granny is sick and can't fight, the dog ate his densho ect.
    Well, that's certainly possible but after the massive deal he made about it, he'd certainly look like an even bigger twat so hot on the heels of that whole ICAMAUA medal-thing. The man is 30 years old, for God's sake. I liked how Ashida Kim allowed that he could be making the whole thing up but that even if he did, it didn't matter. Frauds can smell and sympathize with their own and I see that my original post on there which sparked the whole thing was exactly correct.

As it happens, I go to see my family in the UK every couple of years and I'm due for a visit next year anyway,, so all would not be lost. And a ticket to Copenhagen from London is about $90, so it wouldn't be a horrible waste of money if he didn't show. I shall be sure to take time-stamped video while I'm there, whatever happens.

All Out of Bubblegum

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 3:16am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm sure there's something to do in Copenhagen as a backup plan.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 4:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's certainly possible but after the massive deal he made about it, he'd certainly look like an even bigger twat so hot on the heels of that whole ICAMAUA medal-thing. The man is 30 years old, for God's sake. I liked how Ashida Kim allowed that he could be making the whole thing up but that even if he did, it didn't matter. Frauds can smell and sympathize with their own and I see that my original post on there which sparked the whole thing was exactly correct.

As it happens, I go to see my family in the UK every couple of years and I'm due for a visit next year anyway,, so all would not be lost. And a ticket to Copenhagen from London is about $90, so it wouldn't be a horrible waste of money if he didn't show. I shall be sure to take time-stamped video while I'm there, whatever happens.
    It seems OK then, but I still think he will punk out.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 10:03am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma
    So basically, he is a ninja-soke with a background in a rather harmless military unit offering his services as a mercenary over a message board open to the general public.
    Sounds reasonable to me. Let's take up a collection and hire him for a Merc Mission.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:20pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

If he challenged you he should be the one making the trip and spending the bucks. He can just tap out in 10 seconds and then all of this is for nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:42pm

Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuanfa Tom
    If he challenged you he should be the one making the trip and spending the bucks. He can just tap out in 10 seconds and then all of this is for nothing.
    Well, if he tapped out in 10 seconds you can better be sure that he'll torture him some more. :)